Stronger 24/7 Forum
Greg PlittLOLMisc.

Greg Plitt Fails3813

dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullay
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpMoz
I'm gonna be the retard in the room here and ask a silly question... Skullay, why shouldn't I worry about GI? Sorry I'm genuinely really confused now haha

The Glycemic Index (GI) is supposed to be a guide to showing you which carbs you should avoid and help you "eat clean."

It is based on a study where fasted subjects were given a specific carb source (alone) and their blood sugar was then tested a couple hours afterwards. High GI carbs are associated with higher blood sugar levels, insulin spike, blahblahblah...

The problem is the GI response is going to be slowed down as soon as you add a protein, fat, or fiber source with those given carbs. All those different sources will slow down absorption rates. In a practical sense x number of grams of a high GI carb will give more or less the same response as x number of grams of a low GI carb over time. So there's really no reason to worry about them.

Basically, a carb is a carb. Don't kill yourself worrying about GI. If you're hitting your carb requirements and making sure you're getting enough fiber it really doesn't matter whether your carbs came from white bread or if they came from oatmeal.

Idk what was smoother... The way you explained this to him... or the ladies legs after the Nair commercials...

P.S. - 4 reps for you from me. #BEASTIN
Post 26 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
speaking of ladies' legs. someone needs to bump the Yoga thread...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:

I fuggin hate that thread lol hence i've never been in it. Go get the real thing :P
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Quote:

I fuggin hate that thread lol hence i've never been in it. Go get the real thing :P

Says the engaged man. I'm all for getting the real thing but I'm definitely not gonna hate on women in yoga pants. hahaha
Post 29 IP   flag post
Vid 7 updates above!
Post 30 IP   flag post

corym private msg quote post Address this user
he just says it in such a motivating and intense tone that no one really catches it..but i have also started noticing he makes up words and throws random words into sentences that make no sense at all HAHAH.. still one of my heroes though
Post 31 IP   flag post
DETERMINED1 private msg quote post Address this user
I would never blindly follow anyone's instructions... Greg plitt is a model ... Not a genius
Post 32 IP   flag post
Vid 8 updates at post 1!!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
SharpMoz private msg quote post Address this user
Muscle confusion comment about changing up the split reminds me of muscle confusion posts on /fit/ haha
Post 34 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for my stupidness regarding vid 1, can someone explain it? I was under the impression that actual food has a higher thermic effect than liquid?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Vid 8: All glycogen levels are depleted in the first 15mins of your workout, therefore eat 1 big meal a day so your body doesn't waste energy chewing food. --- Oh Lawd!

Wow...
I can't wait til someone comes up to me repeating this misinformation. hahahaha
Post 36 IP   flag post
Vid 9 updates above!
Post 37 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
Gee willikers Greg Plitt, muscle building cardio?!
Better stop doing weights and do that 4 times a day if I wanna build some muscle!!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMailliw
Gee willikers Greg Plitt, muscle building cardio?!
Better stop doing weights and do that 4 times a day if I wanna build some muscle!!!!

Isnt that just very very very badly phrased? Doesnt he mean HIIT though? As it's proven to be anabolic
Post 39 IP   flag post
Yes he is very bro scientific in some things man. I think he just gets so excited and rambles on haha
Post 40 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
@adam82a
Possibly, still a stupid thing to say when that many people are listening, just like TMW.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMailliw
@adam82a
Possibly, still a stupid thing to say when that many people are listening, just like TMW.

Totally agree. What you say is even more important when more people look up to you.

@dwatson Keep em coming
Post 42 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Fat Burning Cardio:"Slow pace for 45mins - hour. You should be sweating but can still keep a conversation with someone next to you. You must go longer then 45 mins other wise your not doing anything for your body, if you go less your just breaking down food sitting in your stomach.

Makes me Giggle,
*Finishes at 44minutes of Cardio*

Greg Plitt - You failure, now you're just hungry fatty, you burned no calories, and have an empty stomach.
No go drink something, but don't chew your food. gotta save that energy.

lolz
Post 43 IP   flag post
beezfbaby private msg quote post Address this user

Post 44 IP   flag post
340762 44 19
destitute