Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Greg PlittLOLMisc.

Greg Plitt Fails3813

dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
So i decided to start this thread from watching a number of Greg's videos and how incorrect he is in some places.. Don't get me wrong he is very inspirational and motivating, but such a Bro-Scientist lol.

Vid 1: You should consume 1 large meal a day and the rest should be liquid consumption so your body doesn't use more energy chewing the food therefore it can be stored in your body for your workout later. The more you chew the more energy you lose so switch to fluids.

Vid 2: You should never eat the same carb and protein sources. If you keep them the same your body will adapt and find an easier way to break it down. Switching it up constantly causes your body to guess and work harder to adapt to it, which will lead to growth.

Vid 3: You should eat every 2-3 hours and eat 4-6 meals a day to boost your metabolism and this will cause optimal muscle growth. (Kind of contradicts video 1 huh? lol)

Vid 4: When explaining his new Bi/Tri routine, he was saying how you should do barbell curls to hit both heads of the bi's for overall mass.. Okay i dont disagree here, however when he mentioned how it hits his long head he pointed to his short head of his Bi and vice versa :P

Vid 5: Leg day. To increase size and strength he did 3 x 12 for squat...... 1 legged body weight squat that is... lol

Vid 6: Change your splits each week to confuse your muscles into growing..That's what muscle confusion is all about. ---Lol Nope not really Greg. Still love your motivation though man!

Vid 7: Abs are done everyday of the week at the END of the workout for 15-20mins. Always switch it up each week. If you cant do them at the gym, then do them at home before bed ---SMH!!!!!!!
I'll update this when i pick up more things if people want lol

Vid 8: All glycogen levels are depleted in the first 15mins of your workout, therefore eat 1 big meal a day so your body doesn't waste energy chewing food. --- Oh Lawd!

Vid 9: 3 types of cardio:
Aerobic Cardio: "Steady state for no more then 40mins. Not fast pace, but not walking."
Muscle Building Cardio:"15-20 min of BALLS OUT cardio. You will be dead tired and want to throw up. Shoot I throw up every time i do this. But you will build muscle"
Fat Burning Cardio:"Slow pace for 45mins - hour. You should be sweating but can still keep a conversation with someone next to you. You must go longer then 45 mins other wise your not doing anything for your body, if you go less your just breaking down food sitting in your stomach."
Post 1 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
LOL..

Good post.

He has an awesome physique and clearly trains like a demon, but I agree he must sit at the head of the Bro Science table!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Updated post 1 with vid 5. fail
Post 3 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
greg plitt to appear in 1...2...3....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Bring it on, i'd love to seriously ask him what he's thinking in some of these vids, not at an argumentative standpoint, but more curiosity... Half the stuff doesn't add up!
Post 5 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
hmn..... That is funny hahaha. I mean dude has accomplished more then ANYONE of us in the fitness industry and for sure has an elite physique. Just kinda funny he says shit like that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Lol well he is a genetic freak man. Dont get me wrong he works hard and definitely puts his work in but i saw a vid of him wrestling in HS and he's is bigger then me there lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Haha, my favorite is the liquid diet to preserve energy. As well as pointing to the wrong heads of the bi
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Haha, my favorite is the liquid diet to preserve energy. As well as pointing to the wrong heads of the bi

Haha yep, he talks with such excitement though i bet he just doesn't think about it lol He's a fluent talked but he rambles on so bad lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
WaxyLizard private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I think he is just so fucked up on caffeine or Coke the whole time that his brain and mouth aren't working on the same level. I do this when I'm on pre workout, I realize sometimes but then Cbf going back to fix it.. Jaha
Post 10 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed a few of these things but never compiled them, great post.

I think the confusion thing is what sets him apart from other people because he says it with lifting as well - mix it up every routine or your body won't grow. I don't even think he believes it, I think he just says it so people will go to his site as if he has some secret.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Could be man, but yep he believes in muscle confusion for growth... Silly Greg you cant confuse a muscle It either contracts.. or it doesn't!
Post 12 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
I like watching some of Greg's stuff. Mainly because it's great to see someone who's driven, but you're dead on with him being a bro-scientist.

Layne is one of the only body builders I've seen with drive who stays consistent with his advice, and who I don't mind watching. Eric Helms is cool, too.

Others like Rob Riches, Steve Cook, etc have drive but suggest supplementing glutamine, worry about GI, and other bs that makes you roll your eyes when you hear them.

The industry needs better role models, and less people trying to sell shit. lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Unless you're working your "upper chest" =P
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullay
I like watching some of Greg's stuff. Mainly because it's great to see someone who's driven, but you're dead on with him being a bro-scientist.

Layne is one of the only body builders I've seen with drive who stays consistent with his advice, and who I don't mind watching. Eric Helms is cool, too.

Others like Rob Riches, Steve Cook, etc have drive but suggest supplementing glutamine, worry about GI, and other bs that makes you roll your eyes when you hear them.

The industry needs better role models, and less people trying to sell shit. lol

Lol agreed here, there are too many people who are inspiring but say you cant eat this or that. In one of Greg's meal videos he said you had to eat whole grain carbs for slower absorption and no simple carbs... Oh Lawd
Post 15 IP   flag post
SharpMoz private msg quote post Address this user
I'm gonna be the retard in the room here and ask a silly question... Skullay, why shouldn't I worry about GI? Sorry I'm genuinely really confused now haha
Post 16 IP   flag post
No worries man. I'll answer it for you if you dont mind.... lol

When you eat your meals, generally you consume fats, protein, carbs and fiber.. When that is done it almost completely renders any GI relevance, so you dont need to worry about what GI level it sits at. This is the basics behind IIFYM.

So, in short, as long as your fiber goals are met, you dont really need to worry about what carbs you getting as long as you macros are hit.

Make sense?
Post 17 IP   flag post
So as long as my carbs are hit, I don't have to worry about whether or not they're simple sugars or not? Cheers for the help mate
Post 18 IP   flag post
Now your thinking, "So i can eat any food source as long as i eat protein, fats with it?" well yes and no. If the meal contains a good amount of fiber, then yes you can, but if your fiber isn't where it needs to be then technically you need to watch your food sources. But try eating shitty carbs and hitting your fiber goals.. you cant.

So what im saying is you dont have to eat EVERYTHING whole grain.. Shoot i eat 2-3 cups of white rice a day, but if your fiber is good then you need to stress carbs alot less.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ahhh I getcha. Makes sense. Thanks for the pointers!
Post 20 IP   flag post
No prob man!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpMoz
So as long as my carbs are hit, I don't have to worry about whether or not they're simple sugars or not? Cheers for the help mate

Just saw this, as long as your FIBER is hit, you can stress the GI alot less.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm gonna be the retard in the room here and ask a silly question... Skullay, why shouldn't I worry about GI? Sorry I'm genuinely really confused now haha

The Glycemic Index (GI) is supposed to be a guide to showing you which carbs you should avoid and help you "eat clean."

It is based on a study where fasted subjects were given a specific carb source (alone) and their blood sugar was then tested a couple hours afterwards. High GI carbs are associated with higher blood sugar levels, insulin spike, blahblahblah...

The problem is the GI response is going to be slowed down as soon as you add a protein, fat, or fiber source with those given carbs. All those different sources will slow down absorption rates. In a practical sense x number of grams of a high GI carb will give more or less the same response as x number of grams of a low GI carb over time. So there's really no reason to worry about them.

Basically, a carb is a carb. Don't kill yourself worrying about GI. If you're hitting your carb requirements and making sure you're getting enough fiber it really doesn't matter whether your carbs came from white bread or if they came from oatmeal.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Very helpful both of you. Cheers *reps*
Post 24 IP   flag post
I wish my browser would have seen these updates. I would have seen that @dwatson already handled this. lol
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

The Glycemic Index (GI) is supposed to be a guide to showing you which carbs you should avoid and help you "eat clean."

It is based on a study where fasted subjects were given a specific carb source (alone) and their blood sugar was then tested a couple hours afterwards. High GI carbs are associated with higher blood sugar levels, insulin spike, blahblahblah...

The problem is the GI response is going to be slowed down as soon as you add a protein, fat, or fiber source with those given carbs. All those different sources will slow down absorption rates. In a practical sense x number of grams of a high GI carb will give more or less the same response as x number of grams of a low GI carb over time. So there's really no reason to worry about them.

Basically, a carb is a carb. Don't kill yourself worrying about GI. If you're hitting your carb requirements and making sure you're getting enough fiber it really doesn't matter whether your carbs came from white bread or if they came from oatmeal.

Idk what was smoother... The way you explained this to him... or the ladies legs after the Nair commercials...

P.S. - 4 reps for you from me. #BEASTIN
Post 26 IP   flag post
speaking of ladies' legs. someone needs to bump the Yoga thread...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:

I fuggin hate that thread lol hence i've never been in it. Go get the real thing :P
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Quote:

I fuggin hate that thread lol hence i've never been in it. Go get the real thing :P

Says the engaged man. I'm all for getting the real thing but I'm definitely not gonna hate on women in yoga pants. hahaha
Post 29 IP   flag post
Vid 7 updates above!
Post 30 IP   flag post
340733 44 30
destitute