Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BroscienceLOLMisc.Split Advice

Broscience16726

kozzletoff private msg quote post Address this user
What's the worst broscience you've believed and worst things you've done because of it? Everyone has had to be a victim of something!

I've believed it all - the worst was probably spending everyday checking the clock making sure I ate every 2-3 hours. Also I would change up my exercises every other week to "trick" my muscles that were "used to" the routine. I can go on forever, I was pretty uneducated and ignorant until recently.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I brought protein powder to the gym in the trunk of my car and ran to my car after a workout and drank 2 scoops every single time. Felt like ass after chugging that after lifting.

I also bought glutamine a while back... I fell into the trap of 'YOU NEED SUPLEMENTS TO GET BIG WOW' and i bought pre - post - fish oil - multi - casein - mass gainer - creatine - protein. all this shit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah supplement stack when i first started lifting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Over the years I've used just about every supplement on the market. I've been "straight" for like 5 years now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
kozzletoff private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX Haha I also used to chug two scoops immediately after my workout because I thought that if I didn't my workout would be a waste. I sill have a scoop of protein after but now it's just because I enjoy it
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
That deads and squats were enough for the core/abs in my earlier years.
Post 6 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rawsteel my PT tricked me into learning front squats because of this! it will make your abs lean and toned.. pfft

I believed for a long time heavy weights will make my body look like a man. that women should do different exercises altogether to avoid turning like this.

and lately in the gym i have noticed too many young guys lifting too much. because every day is PB day (but the PB stays the same every week lmao)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fayzeh private msg quote post Address this user
Legal fat burners and casein protein powder. Money down the drain!
Post 8 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
You didn't have to squat to get big legs, knee's going back your toes or whatever is bad for your knees, drop sets & super sets will build more muscle lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
Old guy at the gym told me that I shouldn't drink the cold water straight from the fountain at the gym. When I asked why, he said it could put my body into shock, and possibly cause a heart attack.

okjeff
Post 10 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
when i first started working out, i also ate every 2-3 hrs on the dot. thinking i had to eat only "clean" things like chicken, greens, and sweet potato to lose weight. also thought i needed whey in my diet. i remember my doctor telling me i needed more fiber in my diet. so while i lost a lot of weight, i knew i was missing stuff.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Arimac44 private msg quote post Address this user
I was told by the owner of the gym I use to train at that my "upper chest" was quite flat and I needed to substitute my normal bench press for incline bench. Fuark....
Needless to say that the owner of this gym use to train a variety of pro's back in the 80"s and 90's. In 2005 he helped lee priest and francis benfatto prep for the Australian pro. (Priest won the Australian pro that year lol)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Southeastbrah private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if broscience but some dude at my gym used to tell me that squat will make you short lol.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
You didn't have to squat to get big legs

This isn't broscience, it's a fact.
Sure, squat are without a doubt one of the best exercises there is but hypertrophy isn't bound to certain exercises.
And it might be worth to mention that EMG studies hasn't shown any significant difference between a squat and a leg press in the quads/gluteus, squats does however give so much more than just leg training.
Post 14 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Squats = shovel with rounded edge
Leg press = shovel sith flat edge
Big legs = digging a hole.

I like to use the tool that is most effective in digging straight into the ground.

I'm really tired. Sorry
Post 15 IP   flag post
My point was that one can build legs just as fast without squats as with them.
It's a great exercise but there's nothing magic about it, our quads only know knee flexion, they have no idea what exercise we are performing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayzeh
casein protein powder. Money down the drain!

What? -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
hollyhopeful5678 private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like the luckiest person here. When I started lifting in Aug 2013, this forum was where I started. It took a lot of time, talk and research because those were the days before Frosty's FAQ. YOU GUYS SPARED ME FROM BROSCIENCE MISTAKES AND I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL.

PS: I miss Frosty.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhopeful5678
I feel like the luckiest person here. When I started lifting in Aug 2013, this forum was where I started. It took a lot of time, talk and research because those were the days before Frosty's FAQ. YOU GUYS SPARED ME FROM BROSCIENCE MISTAKES AND I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL.

Good thing you found this place, this is actually the only english speaking forum i know off where broscience doesn't dominate, alot thanks to Eknight
Post 19 IP   flag post
rememberthis private msg quote post Address this user
haha, can anyone say Glycaemic Index?
Post 20 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberthis

How is the glycemic index BroScience? Lol
Post 21 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RudeCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by rememberthis

How is the glycemic index BroScience? Lol

Yeah I wouldn't really call it bro science, just really misinterpreted.

I definitely fell into the clean eating every 2-3 hours thing when I first started lifting. Wasted a ton of time always trying to have food haha.
Post 22 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
i eat every 2-3 hours still... and i also change my exercises up weekly to bi weekly and still get results.. come at me bitches
Post 23 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
i eat every 2-3 hours still... and i also change my exercises up weekly to bi weekly and still get results.. come at me bitches

because we can do that haha.
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Adding to the list: leg raises work your lower abs; squats and deadlifts release extra growth hormone, so as long as you do them, you don't need to train arms directly; and, of course, the numerous carb-centered myths. -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight so leg raises dont work your abs?
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@Zepa how could they? Your abs do not connect to your legs, so moving your legs isn't going to work the abdominals other than *maybe* a bit of static bracing. -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight makes sense. Loads of people in my gym doing them.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
The last bit of the movement is a posterior pelvic tilt- that's what's working the abs, but you can do a PPT without moving your legs at all. -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
The last bit of the movement is a posterior pelvic tilt- that's what's working the abs, but you can do a PPT without moving your legs at all. -3X

This. I love doing hanging leg raises, but I try to touch my feet to my hands when I do them.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340742 46 30
destitute