Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.

your most embaressing story at the gym??9589

lukecorney private msg quote post Address this user
i have seen some funny ones but mine would have to be being so lethargic after sqauts that i took 3 plates off one side without taking any off the other and watching the bar fling like a catapolt across the gym and hit the window in PEAK HOUR lol. besides that would have to be falling down the stairs after legs
Post 1 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Most embarrasing moment happened years ago.. I was absolutely dead from squats and in the zombie like state you mentioned. But I wanted to add more weight, so I reached left to grab another plate without looking - got the plate and added it to the bar, only to hear the guy next to me shout at me a few moments later. I had taken the weight directly of his bench press bar. LOL. So he tried a set, and immediately realized, and then saw his weight on my squat barbell. He must have thought I was one seriously arrogant Pri**
Post 2 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
the first time i added plates to the bar for deadlifts, i didn't realize that you need to put those clipper thingies on each side. so when i picked up the bar from the rack after adding the plates, the plates flew off the bar, luckily nearby and not hitting anyone lol. and a nice boy picked them up and handed them to me hehe. i thought it was more funny than embarrassing honestly.
Post 3 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
i had a set of 35lb dumbbells curling in the mirror and someone was trying to walk infront of me so i took a step back an the back of my leg clipped the bench and i fell

one dumbbell went flying to my left an the other one just missed my nuts haha
Post 4 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
Uhm the first time I went onto one of those reversed leg press/hack squat things - after I done the set I had no idea where the handle to secure it was so I kinda got stuck there and everyone round me had their headphones on....haha I was stuck there for about 2 mins before someone noticed
Post 5 IP   flag post
shannowman private msg quote post Address this user
First time using the hack squat machine a few years ago, it pinned me too. That was pretty bad.

Splitting my trousers right along the ass crack squatting was slightly embarrassing too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
mine would be two occasions at my old gym, these are both the reasons i moved. I dropped a 20kg plate on my toe and fractured it, carried and done my set but then proceeded to cry a little bit. The other was as I was sitting down on an incline bench I lent forward and smacked my head on a weight rack in front of me and fell of the bench
Post 7 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
I once approached a hot girl that worked at the gym and said that my right arm was so much stronger than my left and if she had any suggestion what to do about it. She stopped and looked at me for a good couple of seconds and I swear to god she thought "You can try get a girlfriend". But thankfully she replied that I she should use dumbells
Post 8 IP   flag post
@AarronStenner in one of my pictures im doing a one arm dead lift that i dropped on my toe only wearing nike free runs. think it was bout 150kg lost my nail that day lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
@lukecorney i bet that hurt! it took about a year and a half for my nail to grow back, my feet are well away when im unracking now
Post 10 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
Not one of mine but about 2 weeks ago me and my gym partner were warming up on bench, literally just the bar as it was a first set, he went to rack it and only racked it on one side, he totally let go of the bar and it smacked him in the forehead and this was right in the middle of the gym!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@AarronStenner yes took a year for mine too but didnt grow back properly so had to rip it off again
Post 12 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
405 BB shrugs stepping out of squat rack. After finishing 3rd set, my traps were so shot I was only able to lift one side up and over onto the rack (while wrists strapped into bar) and was too fatigued to lift up the other side... I'm trying everything up to standing on my toes trying to lift the last side up until a guy walked over and had to lift up the other end.

Just two days ago I was doing Rope hammer curls when my phone fell from my pocket mid set, headphones popping out. Phil Collins "Easy Lover" starts blasting to everyone around me, people turn and laugh looking. I don't break form, finish strong and let song play out.

Jokes on them I love that song.
Post 13 IP   flag post
GStarRaw private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot to bring my gym card, ive been at this gym for a year, and see the desk lady 5 times a week. She didn't believe i was a member ... Ended up doing cardio outside whilst my friends finished inside.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Peter private msg quote post Address this user
there was this beautiful girl in front of me and she had an azz like a goddess and one of the best racks ive ever seen. i was doing seated dumbbell presses and staring at her through the reflection of 2 mirrors (extra sneaky so i wouldnt get caught). after my set she was still there i go to rack my weights and move up 5 lbs. when i stand up i see her staring at me. so i smile at her. then she runs off and im confused why. i was pitching a tent...

not srs
Post 15 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
Sharted during a squat. No big deal.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
I've sharted doing sets of 3 on squat @ 90%, talk about motivation to get that last rep!
Post 17 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenhiemer
I've sharted doing sets of 3 on squat @ 90%, talk about motivation to get that last rep!

A little poop bullet neva hurt nobody!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
My most embarrassing gym moment was this summer. I just finished 425x6 on my last set of deads and I was so light headed when I set the bar down I stumbled back probably 6 foot, almost ran into someone and had to catch myself on the bench so I wouldn't fall on my ass.
Post 19 IP   flag post
sriram private msg quote post Address this user
for me, it was after a really good and hard leg session when i tried to do box jumps...I over-estimated my capacity to jump and ended up jumping right into the box, which knocked me back, and since my legs were already so exhausted, I just sat there and hoped nobody saw me.
Post 20 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
Can't believe no one else has said something similar to mine yet.

I was working out at my school's rec center and was killing it, got super sweaty. And this other guy was doing flat DB bench press and asked me for a spot. I oblige, "sure sure no problem". He was using 95’s so it wasn't just some small weight either.

Anyway, he cranks out 6 reps going on 7 and he starts to stall out, so I go to help push his elbow just a tad, and I drip sweat right into his eye. He loses focus, just drops both dumbbells, big booms in the gym - everyone looks at us. He gets off the bench and looks at me.

I just stare at him "...dude...I am so sorry."

Luckily he just laughed it off. Was kinda nervous for a hot second.
Post 21 IP   flag post
rememberthis private msg quote post Address this user
Talking to this cutie in between a leg press exercise, got back to it and she was still really near because she was finishing her story. I do my first rep and as I'm pushing I let out the nastiest protein shake fart.

I acted like nothing, just kept focused, but she got quiet for a split second in what she was saying (so I know she noticed...) and when the scent came she walked off.
Post 22 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
I benched 550lbs without warming up...it was so embarrassing
Post 23 IP   flag post
rememberthis private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones46
Can't believe no one else has said something similar to mine yet.
I was working out at my school's rec center and was killing it, got super sweaty. And this other guy was doing flat DB bench press and asked me for a spot. I oblige, "sure sure no problem". He was using 95’s so it wasn't just some small weight either.
Anyway, he cranks out 6 reps going on 7 and he starts to stall out, so I go to help push his elbow just a tad, and I drip sweat right into his eye. He loses focus, just drops both dumbbells, big booms in the gym - everyone looks at us. He gets off the bench and looks at me.
I just stare at him "...dude...I am so sorry."
Luckily he just laughed it off. Was kinda nervous for a hot second.
I've been sneezed on by the person spotting me. I assure you in his mind he strangled you a couple of times no matter how real the laughter sounded.
Post 24 IP   flag post
LOL sneezed on?! Jesus at least you can somewhat help that one!

And yeah thing is we're kinda bro's now. Ahh memories.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Millennium1 private msg quote post Address this user
Many years ago I was doing close grip bench presses to failure. I figured once the triceps failed I would widen my grip and push it up like a bench press. I did my set with 135 to failure and when I widened the grip and tried to push up the bar not much happened. I was so spent I couldn't get the 135 up. I was too proud to ask for help so I pushed as hard as I could and got it up but strained a hammy in the process. No one really saw me but I was super embarrassed.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Tritons private msg quote post Address this user
@ajones46 I had that kind of situation as well, only the guy was doing decline bench press haha.
Post 27 IP   flag post
coolguy1993 private msg quote post Address this user
I was doing a deadlift and had hiccups. I grunted slightly as I went for the last rep and was pretty dead- but I hiccuped at the same resulting an an extremely loud, high pitched sqieeky sound that made everyone turn round. Was a bit awkward lol.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
way to go jonesie trying to pass pathogens into peoples eyes mid set
Post 29 IP   flag post
PathoGAINZ!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
340617 57 30
destitute