Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCuttingPHATProgress PicsProgress UpdateTraining Programs

Bunter225 - PHAT Boy Log7042

bunter225 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, had been running IF but started to lag mentally and physically between wake up and lunchtime, so I stopped it and now use 40C/40P/20F, calorie intake ~600 below my maintenance.

Plan -Gunna cut using PHAT to a certain BF% (see goal) and I will also be using PHAT for my bulk.
I'll be following PHAT alomst as stated on the main site but with a couple of swapped exercises.

Stats - 23, 5'11", 188lbs, 12-14%BF (will add a pic when Im home from work for you guys to critique)

Goal - Cut to 9-10%BF Ideally by end of Jan as a deadline. Lean bulk afterwards.

Looking forward to joining the other PHAT guys on here and reaping the benefits!

GO!
Post 1 IP   flag post
DanB private msg quote post Address this user
Im doing exactly the same buddy started my cut using PHAT yesterday, good luck, kill it!
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
In4updates dude! WOOOO
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
Im doing exactly the same buddy started my cut using PHAT yesterday, good luck, kill it!

Awesome! Cheers man, kill it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
In4updates dude! WOOOO

Leg Power tonight! Come at me..
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ok so leg power done had an awesome session, im buzzing!

And this is how it went:

Exercise, sets x reps @ weight(kg)
Squats 3 x 5 @ 130
Precor Squat machine (facing into machine) 3 x 5 @ 210
S/L Deadlifts 3 x 5 @ 90
Leg Extensions 3 x 6 @ 55 each leg
Ham Curls 3 x 6 @ 45 each leg
Seated Calf Raises 5 x 6 @ 60

Really happy as my legs were a little achy from a 10x10 sesh on friday!
I had a knee injury that finally went away early last week, chuffed I can still squat the same weight as before injury, WOOOOOOOOOO
Post 5 IP   flag post
shannowman private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a good session man! How do you like extensions and curls on power day? I found I couldn't really adopt a power mentality to them, but my gym only went to 80kg on them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannowman
Looks like a good session man! How do you like extensions and curls on power day? I found I couldn't really adopt a power mentality to them, but my gym only went to 80kg on them.

Sure was, really enjoyed it. Saw your log, strong on squats dude.

I thought ext's and curls were good, Im gunna keep them heavy for power day the rep them on hyper day. Just offers a bit of isolation and the finishing touch to a session!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks man. Think I'd have kept them if the machines went heavier. Swapped them out and upped sets of squats and deads instead.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Nice workout there bro, good numbers
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thanks man. Think I'd have kept them if the machines went heavier. Swapped them out and upped sets of squats and deads instead.

Have you tried them single legged? I had to do them single legged as I stacked both machines using both legs.
They go up to like 100kg so I got a way to go to stack them with one leg! Ha
Post 10 IP   flag post
Tbh, i much prefer just doing 4 working sets of squats and 5 of deads. It's power day, so i treat it that way. It's rougher the day after though!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Tbh, i much prefer just doing 4 working sets of squats and 5 of deads. It's power day, so i treat it that way. It's rougher the day after though!

Yeah thats true I may end up removing them and adding a set of deads and squats instead, will keep them for leg hypo as theyre good isolators.

Feeling it today after last night!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter225
Quote:

Feeling it today after last night!

Yeah, think the stiff legged deadlifts did me hammys are sore today. Like the idea of swapping out iso's for extra squats/deads.

You on rest today? any cardio?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Been doing stiffs for about 3 sessions now, really enjoy the stretch but hell yeah they hurt today!

Rest for me, Im not doing any cardio at the mo, just doing weight loss through calorie defecit
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yeah i loved them last night.

Ah sounds good, i honestly only add cardio on rest days so i can eat more haha. You using any supplements?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thats a good enough reason as any!
Whey Protein
Micellar Casein Protein
Pre Workout (Muscle Pharm Assault)
All In One Powder (Maximuscle Cyclone)

You??
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yeah haha. Could do with getting some Casein myself do you feel any difference using the casein over whey pre bed? How do you rate Muscle Pharm Assault?. I like the maximuscle stuff but its very expensive for what itis.
Whey, no explode, CEE, CLA, Green tea, bcaas, multi-vit, vit c, flaxseed oil, caffiene sup(for cardio and rest days) at the mo, however was thinking of swapping out no explode for iforce-dexaprine, and adding a test booster and some beta-alanine from next week

you training today?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
Yeah haha. Could do with getting some Casein myself do you feel any difference using the casein over whey pre bed? How do you rate Muscle Pharm Assault?. I like the maximuscle stuff but its very expensive for what itis.
Whey, no explode, CEE, CLA, Green tea, bcaas, multi-vit, vit c, flaxseed oil, caffiene sup(for cardio and rest days) at the mo, however was thinking of swapping out no explode for iforce-dexaprine, and adding a test booster and some beta-alanine from next week

you training today?

I think Casein before bed is a psychological thing, i feel better in the morning.
Assault is good, I dont go mental but I have good energy in the gym, no come down after either.
I take a multi vit, fish oil, omega and stick milled flax in my morning porridge
Im skeptical of t boosters and so are many others on here but that doesnt mean dont take them, its up to you!

Trained Back & Delts hypo today. You?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Todays session results - suffering from mild pain in my left forearm, icing it at the moment.

Speed Bent Over Row 6 x 3 @ 80kg - I need to work on these, 80 was too easy for 3 reps

Seated Cable Row 3 x 10 @ 90kg

Close Grip Pulldown 3 x 8 @ 70kg

Seated DB Presses 3 x 10 @ 70lbs

DB Upright Rows (courtesy of Jim Cordova!) 3 x 10 @ 60lbs

Shrugs 3 x 10 @ 130kg

Cable Lateral Raises 3 x 10 @ 15kg

My gyms dumbells are all in LBS and the rest of the weights are in KG's!
Need to work on my weights and reps as Im hitting the top of the rep ranges.

Gunna really work on fixing my left forearm too, any guidance guys?!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ahh, ive never used Casein but think ill try a tub next week with my next supplement shop!

Never tried assault ive always seemed to have a pretty high tollerence to pre workouts would you say its a strong pre workout, have you tried BSN- NO Explode? could you compare the two?

I used to be pretty skeptical myself but i got one earlier in the year from iforce called Tropinol which i found pretty good, strength and aggression in the gym went up some so that was good enough for me, every little boost helps haha.

yeah back and delts for me too, looks like you had a decent workout anyway.

Left forearm an overuse injury maybe? maybe abit of an inflamed tendon?

I went a little light on the speed work also so tried to correct it by only resting for 20 seconds between each of the 6 sets.. should of just increased the weight but..
Post 20 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
No-Explode is terrible! upsets my stomach so badly! And i've heard the same from others, Assault is significantly better!
Post 21 IP   flag post
I used no explode about 3 years ago and it brought me out in spots.. but got given a tub earlier this year and gave it another run and found it great although i sometimes have to leave the gym and fart before squatting to be safe haha
Post 22 IP   flag post
I read reciews on it when i was looking for a pre workout, they called it ass-explode so that was enough to put me off!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Leg hypo today, loving the frequency of PHAT, feels like no time at all between sessions!

Speed Squats 6 x 3 @ 100kg
Precor Front Squat Machine 3 x 8 @ 170kg below paralell controlled reps
S/L Deadlifts 3 x 10 @ 70kg
Leg Extensions 4 x 10 @ 100kg
Ham Curls 4 x 10 @ 75kg
Seated Calf Raise 5 x 10 @ 50kg

Had a good session, aim was to control the entire rep with a bit more emphasis on the eccentric, especially on the squats. been home about an hour and legs feel pretty burned!
Post 24 IP   flag post
SATURDAY - Chest & Arms Hyper

I dunno about anyone else but my hyper days are all about focussing stretch/squeeze/form/contraction etc
Im expecting that to be a fairly standard mindset of all the guys on PHAT.

Speed Bench 6 x 3 @ 80kg
Low Incline DB Presses 3 x 8 @ 80lbs
Cable Flyes 3 x 10 @ 30kg
EZ Bar 3 x 10 @ 30 + Bar
Incline Seated Curls 3 x 10 @ 30lbs
DB Concentrations 2 x 10 @ 30lbs
EZ Skulls 3 x 10 @ 30 + Bar
Rope Pressdowns 3 x 10 @ 25kg
Cable Kickbacks 2 x 10 @ 12.5kg

Looking forward to R&R tomorrow
Post 25 IP   flag post
Two great looking workouts there buddy, i was still feeling those stiff legged deadlifts this morning so no wonder your legs were burned after hitting them again for legs hypo haha. Yeah definitely! form is everything and leaving the ego at the door lowering the weight and getting a full movement with a stretch, squeeze, controlled negative, and strong isolated contraction imo is a must for hypo

looks like youve earned the r&r anyway, enjoy
Post 26 IP   flag post
Yeah, theyre feeling better today tho.
Cheers pal, I hope you get your family stuff sorted and get back in the gym soon
Post 27 IP   flag post
MONDAY - Upper Power

Great sesh, chuffed Im starting to add weight to my pull ups! Numbers are slowly climbing on all lifts

Bent Over Row 3 x 6 @ 110kg
Pull Ups 3 x 6 @ BW + 5kg
Bench 2 x 5 @ 100 1 x 4 @ 100kg
Dips 3 x 6 @ BW + 25kg
Standing Shoulder Press 3 x 6 @ 60kg
DB Curls 3 x 6 @ 60lb
Bar Pressdown 3 x 6 @ 40kg
Post 28 IP   flag post
Leg Power

Squats - 1s x 5r @ 130kg, 3s x 4r @ 140kg
Front Squat Machine - 3s x 6r @ 220kg
Deads - 2s x 6r @ 150kg
S/L Deads 2s x 6r @ 90kg (ruined at this point!)
Seated Calf Raise - 5s x 6r @ 60kg

Good session, really happy with 3 solid sets of 140 on squats, much needed rest day tomorrow, 2 days of power take their toll on a diet!
Post 29 IP   flag post
THURSDAY - Back & Delts Hyper

- Speed Bent Over Row 6 x 4 @ 90kg
- Weighted Pull Ups 3 x 8 @ BW + 5kg
- Close Grip Pulldown 3 x 8 @ 70kg
- Seated DB Presses 3 x 8 @ 70lbs
- DB Upright Rows 3 x 8 @ 65lbs
- Shrugs 3 x 10 @ 140kg
- Lateral Raises 3 x 10 @ 15kg

Another good session for me, numbers are creeping up
Post 30 IP   flag post
340769 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute