Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Ugh bout to dishonor myself and sound n00b5332

G3NGHIS private msg quote post Address this user
I typically lift for hyperthropy and do a week long split of my muscle groups. However, I have started P.H.A.T. which is a huge change in my lifting style.

As a result, here are some problems I have been having and if you can think of any ways to help please do.

1. Dumbbell Bench - It feels awkward to drop the weights to the side, I feel like I could potentially hurt myself more doing that then just getting up. However, I don't want to throw my back out. Should I just do bench to be safer? I has no training partner.

2. Dumbbell Shoulder Press - I typically can do far more weight on this but P.H.A.T. literally drains me of my strength. I can't even lift the dumbbells up for weights I have typically done for a very long time. I think shoulders are vastly important, should I just do a shoulder power day? I'm worried that my shoulders are going to become crappy.

3. Not eating before doing P.H.A.T. is becoming a problem. I was eating a snack an hour before hand but that is not helping anymore. Today I had to leave because I felt like I was going to pass out. Is this just my body getting use to P.H.A.T. or a need to eat. Been considering getting Xtend or Body Mortar to help with this. It is not a motivation problem, general tiredness.

If you can think of any ideas for me, please do! As one of the smaller guys on SS, I feel morally obligated to get bigger to bring great glory to the hallow halls of the Simply Shredded Empire.
Post 1 IP   flag post
BEASTIX private msg quote post Address this user
you can play with it how you want, and ofc you can change DB to BB, you MUST eat before workout no matter what.
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
For DB Press, you can bring your knees up, and turn your weights, and meet them at your knees, and let the weight roll you up. if that makes sense.

You could do heavy shoulder press on a different day, but you will get used to the volume eventually lol. the first couple weeks are fairly brutal!

Define snack before your workout? I eat a shat load of carbs PWO, about 2 hours, then an apple on my way to the gym!
Post 3 IP   flag post

At two minutes is what I mean for getting up after DB PRess
Post 4 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't read the others but,

1) Bring Knees up and roll them back down resting the DB's on your knees then dropping.

2) I moved heavy DB press to hyp day and hyp day to my heavy day bc i was drained.

3) You should try and get a good meal in 1.5 hours before but yes PHAT is very taxing and you will feel drained. Push through and you will blow up man. 3-4 weeks is the sticking point for most
Post 5 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda

At two minutes is what I mean for getting up after DB PRess

This video sums up my opinions on that guy.

Post 6 IP   flag post
^ Everything above is awesome. The video was super helpful, that movement looks way safer and fluid than I even thought was possible. AWESOME!

My typical preworkout snack is Cheesestick, Apple, Banana, Carrots and Turkey Sticks. However, I get acid refluxy because my body wants MORRRR food.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Haha, I agree he's a dbag,But it was the first video that came up that Was helpful regarding what I was trying to say.
Post 8 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yep that is the vid i use to watch..

LOL he fails at 125lbs for 1.. Poor fella
Post 9 IP   flag post
hurricane92 private msg quote post Address this user
Lulz at Andy Hamman at 1:20 in the video saying he's the strongest bodybuilder in the world...Has he never heard of Jonnie Jackson?
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASTIX
you MUST eat before workout no matter what.

No. Fail. Aside from the fact that I train fasted and have made great gains on PHAT, why would you believe something like this? -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:

No. Fail. Aside from the fact that I train fasted and have made great gains on PHAT, why would you believe something like this? -3X

So my tiredness is a result of not being use to the P.H.A.T. system?
Post 12 IP   flag post
BearQ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Lol couldn't agree more, I train 3 times a week fasted just preworkout...best lifts, best pump and def not a reason to struggle through a workout
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3NGHIS
Quote:
Quote:

So my tiredness is a result of not being use to the P.H.A.T. system?

Not to dodge the question, but there are far too many variables at play to give you a black and white answer. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
tarotale private msg quote post Address this user
personally i never fast before workout, that is I normally eat maybe about 1hr and 30min to 2 hrs before lifting; just body feels like it's got no energy without something in the GI. idk personal differences.
Post 15 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
how long you been running phat for?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I started my second week today. I was just uncharacteristically exhausted.
Post 17 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
2nd week only!!!

comeon now chief i thought i was talking to a phat veteran..hmm this changes things
Post 18 IP   flag post
340616 18 18
destitute