Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.PhysiqueSteroidsSupplements

Insight SBS 'Massive Obsession'3176

PYOOnGDOOnG private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's been out for a couple of months, but has anyone else seen the SBS Insight Massive Obsession video aired here in Australia? If not check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7jsAzvqmeU

This is the most biased piece of sh*t I have ever seen. The argument is completely one-sided, neglects the fact that bodybuilders are much healthier than almost all of the population and has experts from the opposing side, but neglects any bodybuilding experts, such as Layne Norton.

Makes me so f*cking angry.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
I am only 10 mins into this shit but good lord there acting like weight lifting is the dark side of the world
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Of course it's biased- they have an agenda to present. To be fair though, bodybuilders- actual on-stage pro guys and gals, not the guys who go to the gym and train to look better but never compete- are definitely not "much healthier than most of the population." the amount of drugs (steroids, GH, lasix), extremes in nutrition, and the impact that those things cause to the liver, kidneys and body as a whole, certainly are not the epitome of wellness you make them out to be. Food for thought. -EK
Post 3 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
7:20 in the video really fucked me off.
The guy on camera said "I enjoy the taste of success more than the taste of any food" which I agree with entirely and a load of unhealthy, ugly cunts in the audience essentially laughed at him.

If you get so much joy in your life from food that you can't fathom how other people could sacrifice it for health and aesthetic benefits then you are one sad motherfucker!

Sorry for all the swearing, I just hate it when others judge people who live like we do. I don't come up in your face when you are eating a takeaway and call you a fat fuck so leave us alone. To each their own.
Post 4 IP   flag post
alexbennett123 private msg quote post Address this user
haha, the amount of dislikes and the fact that they disabled commenting. Fuck them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Haha, Naso appears 9 minutes in.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMailliw
7:20 in the video really fucked me off.
The guy on camera said "I enjoy the taste of success more than the taste of any food" which I agree with entirely and a load of unhealthy, ugly cunts in the audience essentially laughed at him.

If you get so much joy in your life from food that you can't fathom how other people could sacrifice it for health and aesthetic benefits then you are one sad motherfucker!

Just to play devil's advocate- in terms of bodybuilding or even fitness, the guy is not successful. Can he make a full time living out of what he is doing? He's not a pro, is he (may have missed it if he is). He looks great. That's awesome. But be honest- what % of people who have this kind of dedication/obsession can provide for themselves with it? There IS more to life than the gym. Even Jay Cutler and Lee Priest are well known for being able to actually sit back and enjoy a meal for its taste and not its performance once in a while. There has to be moderation with anything. -EK
Post 7 IP   flag post
@EK
I am at Uni and getting a good degree is also my priority but fitness is also a huge thing in my life, tere has to be balance.
100% bodybuilding is bad especially if it doesn't provide for you but even those obsessed people are better than the thousands upon thousands living on benefits, doing nothing with their lives here in the UK, for example.

He is an extreme example, most people into fitness still have lives and other goals strive for.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I COMPLETELY agree. It just strikes me as odd when people who are so over the top about fitness and health derive such pleasure in bashing those who don't agree with them. Health is about so much more than your appearance- that's vanity. When someobe allows a video like this to get them so worked up because the "audience" or host doesn't agree with their POV, that's NOT healthy. Being able to control your emotions and stay in touch with reality and the concept of moderation is healthier than missing out on life because you're so "dedicated." It sounds like you have struck a good balance. Not so sure everyone else has. I guess what I'm saying is that being so juedgemental of others when they judge what you're doing is the epitome of hypocrisy. -EK
Post 9 IP   flag post
I wasn't slamming my keyboard whilst I typed that if that is what you are thinking, hahahahaha!
My use of swear words and anger was only half real, also for comedy but is hard to convey that over the internet, my bad.

That said, I do hate it when people judge what I/we do without hearing the reasons why first and seeing I am not some nutcase.
Luckily, most people I meet do actually ask and do not jump to conclusions, I used an extreme example because they have done so on the show.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Try coming off-stage after months of dieting, all you can think about is wanting to eat something other than chicken or rice, and getting those same judgemental questions and looks, lol. Sometimes it's hard to do so, but you have to realize that most people who are truly successful are a) obsessive, and b) able to ignore everyone else and their opinion. -EK
Post 11 IP   flag post
Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
I couldnt agree more with you e.k, what many people call dedication is acually obsession and obsession is never healthy, you hear guys talk about how they cant do different things coz they can invest that time to the gym, i recall once saying on here that im bored and someone told me to 'eat or go to the gym'.... If your entire life is lifting and eating then you have fallen into an unhealthy lifestyle, granted when you dedicate yourself to the fit lifestyle, your gonna have to give up some stuff, but not EVERYTHING. Man if im bored i'll watch t.v, i'll draw, i happen to be a damn fine artist, i will write a rap or hang with friends and family, dont spend days on end in the gym puh-lease. Im happy ek said what he said, dont miss out on the good stuff in life because you are 'dedicated'
Post 12 IP   flag post
@EK
Again, I was being hyperbolic to prove a point.
I often have cheat meals and, yes, I enjoy that food more than my regular food but I don't have this unhealthy attachment to those foods like I think the average person does, in my opinion.

When someone can't go a week without eating chocolate or something similar I question their relationship with food and the mental strength they have (or lack of).
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@MrMailliw I get that. I'm not sure why you feel like I'm speaking directly to you or singling you out, because I'm not. But most of the world would also say if a person can't go a week without working out, there's something wrong with their self-esteem because the only way they can identify themselves or feel good about themselves is by what they do in the gym (I'm not saying you in particular, just a broad statement of people who train obsessively). If your entire self-worth is based on your appearance and what you can do in the gym, and God fobid, you have some sort of debilitating illness or accident that prevents you from working out, then what's left? You have no way to feel great- or even adequate- about yourself. That's surely not healthy. -EK
Post 14 IP   flag post
@EK
No worries, I think a lot of confusion was created between both of us just because we are slowly posting back and forth on this thread, as opposed to a real life conversation.
If we were talking in real life I think we would agree on most things surrounding this topic (and others. It is just hard to convey opinions and thoughts exactly, purely through text.

I agree with what you said about someone who couldn't stand taking a week off of training and I know you didn't aim it at me but I will give my view on it for lulz.
If I was not allowed to gym for a week, I wouldn't like it, quite simply, but could do it fairly easily. It also depends on if I was allowed to do any other physical activity or not.
I think most people on here are the same.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
I Agree with william, im curretly taking a week off, my mind is just exhausted, i cringe at the thought of even one push up
Post 16 IP   flag post
Swayz87 private msg quote post Address this user
watched like the intro and said....

SRS

GAYEST SHIT I EVER HEARRRDDD!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
PYOOnGDOOnG private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if you're from Australia, but the while point of Insight (and the whole channel SBS for that matter) is meant to present a fair, objective point of view. Point taken, I should have changed that to natural bodybuilders. And not the ones who think they need 4g protein/pound.

However, why this gets me vexed is that it's portraying bodybuilding as the root of all evil. They did an Insight on obesity and the people on that did not get slammed nearly as much. Plus, Australia has been bombarded with how obese we're getting, and when there is a rise in people taking up lifting, we get slammed for it. Stupid.

I am also a student, and put my studies first. I'm not going to get money without a good job :L I'm not judging other people who choose not to lift weights either. I do, as I like the feel and for me to excel, I need goals. However, I can also see why aesthetics would not be on a person's priority list and would prefer pursuing other goals such as money, fame, prestige, or simply don't care. That's fine, and their choice. So why not give that same freedom of choice without persecution to the gym-going population?
Post 18 IP   flag post
340617 18 18
destitute