Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingPHATTraining Programs

What kind of results can I expect from PHAT?2481

alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
So on monday I plan on starting Layne Norton PHAT program.

Im coming from a normal 5 day split, but would like to take my strength and size gains up a notch.

What can I expect from this program and does anyone have any tips or comments for me??

Thanks.

Heres a link to the program:
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Zwalk private msg quote post Address this user
I did PHAT for about a month to a month and a half and I got significantly stronger and also gained size.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwalk
I did PHAT for about a month to a month and a half and I got significantly stronger and also gained size.

thanks man, any tips you can give me, or changes you made to the routine etc??
Post 3 IP   flag post
Corkey private msg quote post Address this user
@DWATSON GTFIH!!!!!!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
Quote:

For me it was literally too much exercises on the power days. I removed one or two exercises as I couldnt keep up at the end. On upper body power day I removed rack chins and weighted dips (problem with shoulder forced me to skip dips). On lower body day I didnt do romanian deadlifts iirc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam82a
Quote:
Quote:

For me it was literally too much exercises on the power days. I removed one or two exercises as I couldnt keep up at the end. On upper body power day I removed rack chins and weighted dips (problem with shoulder forced me to skip dips). On lower body day I didnt do romanian deadlifts iirc.

thanks man, ill see what works and what doesnt. how were your strength and size gains?
Post 6 IP   flag post
and how many weeks should i do this program before going back to a split?? 6-8 weeks???
Post 7 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam82a
Quote:
Quote:

thanks man, ill see what works and what doesnt. how were your strength and size gains?

In all honesty PHAT was never for me, doing just 1-2 exercises per muscle group I felt like it was not enough. I stopped before my body adapted to it. I think most of the guys that love PHAT here says you need about a couple of (or maybe 4?) weeks to get into it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It takes around 6-8 weeks to actually get into the program properly and to start seeing some proper results
Post 9 IP   flag post
varunj17 private msg quote post Address this user
Currently Onto Phat.. Into my second week....

It is a bit taxing must say.. But somehow I do it

I just changed it a bit for hyper trophy days

Thursday: back nd chests

Saturday: shoulders nd arms

Sunday: legs
Post 10 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT was great for me and would reccommend (like i usually do) to anyone who has been lifting and have a good understanding of lifting. If you want specifics on my Week 1: Day 1 lifts i can supply the numbers and then the numbers of week 12. This first pic is Week 1, last pic was 2 weeks before i switched off PHAT to run GVT.

Week 12:

Will get back on PHAT in 8-10 weeks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Dwatson could you let me know how your gvt goes brah?
Im wanting to start it sometime
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey
Dwatson could you let me know how your gvt goes brah?
Im wanting to start it sometime

Yep i will. Did GVT: Chest/Back day yesterday and doing Legs today.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
PHAT was great for me and would reccommend (like i usually do) to anyone who has been lifting and have a good understanding of lifting. If you want specifics on my Week 1: Day 1 lifts i can supply the numbers and then the numbers of week 12. This first pic is Week 1, last pic was 2 weeks before i switched off PHAT to run GVT.

Week 12:

Will get back on PHAT in 8-10 weeks.

THanks bro, so I should aim to do it for more than 6 weeks??? what were your big 3 compounds 1st week and at the end?? When did u start to see size gains? Did u gain more size than a normal split??
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
THanks bro, so I should aim to do it for more than 6 weeks??? what were your big 3 compounds 1st week and at the end??

Okay i think you formatted that differently.

I would aim for 12-14 weeks. This is what Layne says in his article. Its designed for this time frame and im using another guys split, i stick to it bc if he wanted it differently he would've made it differently.

Week 1 Compound Lifts:
Squat : 245x3, 1RM: 260lbs
Dead Lift : 155x8, 1RM: 210lbs
Bench : 235x3, 1RM: 250lbs

*Note, i did hurt my hip flexor and still cant do regular squat. I do box squats

Week 12 Compound Lifts:
Squat : 265x8, 1RM: 340lbs (+80 lbs)
Dead Lift : 275x6, 1RM: 325lbs (+110 lbs)
Bench : 275x4, 1RM: 300lbs (+50 lbs)

Does this help?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Quote:
THanks bro, so I should aim to do it for more than 6 weeks??? what were your big 3 compounds 1st week and at the end??
[quote]

Okay i think you formatted that differently.

I would aim for 12-14 weeks. This is what Layne says in his article. Its designed for this time frame and im using another guys split, i stick to it bc if he wanted it differently he would've made it differently.

Week 1 Compound Lifts:
Squat : 245x3, 1RM: 260lbs
Dead Lift : 155x8, 1RM: 210lbs
Bench : 235x3, 1RM: 250lbs

*Note, i did hurt my hip flexor and still cant do regular squat. I do box squats

Week 12 Compound Lifts:
Squat : 265x8, 1RM: 340lbs (+80 lbs)
Dead Lift : 275x6, 1RM: 325lbs (+110 lbs)
Bench : 275x4, 1RM: 300lbs (+50 lbs)

Does this help?

Thanks a lot bro! wow you made some serious strength gains! And size gains? do you have any before and after progress pictures??
Post 16 IP   flag post
^Dude you are formatting the posts weird and confusing the shit out of me lol

The ones above are a before and after. Let me look for more.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I snapped a few pictures yesterday, but lighting was horrible. I'll try and get better ones in the next few weeks.

Before: (Possibly even week 1)

3 weeks off PHAT:

They are somewhat blurry, sorry for that. Was just taking them for me, but since you asked here they are.

Post 18 IP   flag post
sorry man yeah i dont know what happned, it wasnt intentional, iv fixed it, just refresh your pages.

DO you have like one without your shirt in the same like position/pose.

Sorry for all the trouble, I just want to see what results are like, I need to put on a lot of size by the end of the year if I want to seriously compete, and dont want to waste 14 weeks to find out im in the same position as I was when I started.
Post 19 IP   flag post
wow you made some serious shoulder, chest and back gains. Thanks for the effort bro, appreciate it!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
sorry man yeah i dont know what happned, it wasnt intentional, iv fixed it, just refresh your pages.

DO you have like one without your shirt in the same like position/pose.

Sorry for all the trouble, I just want to see what results are like, I need to put on a lot of size by the end of the year if I want to seriously compete, and dont want to waste 14 weeks to find out im in the same position as I was when I started.

It wont be a waste running this program bro.

Before:

Here is a pic from February. So its a little out dated.

My progress thread for PHAT.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thanks a lot. I am going to start this program on monday and see how it goes. Did u do all the exercises in Lyne Norton's program?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Yeah i did. I did 3 weeks with the default schedule but then hurt my hip flexor so i had to mix it up a bit. Also, you can tell my arms are lacking compared to my shoulders/back/traps so i threw in a 2nd arm day and took out the 2nd leg day until my hip flexor healed. I would running it like normal, that is my plan when im done w/ GVT.
Post 23 IP   flag post
OK well I dont have injuries, and my whole body is in proportion, but I want a program to put on some serious amount of size. So i think i will check this program out and let you guys know how it goes.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
OK well I dont have injuries, and my whole body is in proportion, but I want a program to put on some serious amount of size. So i think i will check this program out and let you guys know how it goes.

You should be good to go then. Its a great program. Make sure you have a great diet and you will see the gains man.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Yeah Ill stick to my current diet, maybe increase my carbs a bit for the energy.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Right on man
Post 27 IP   flag post
Thanks again, Ill keep you posted on my progress. and good luck to you!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Cool man! Good luck also!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Zwalk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Tips and changes were that I actually did more exercises than it intended for me to do, didn't incorporate legs every day.

I would do MTW power, TFSun Hypertrophy

Leg workout was in the morning on thursday, followed by my hypertrophy chest and tricep workout later that evening.

And eat your ass off
Post 30 IP   flag post
340609 30 30
destitute