Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATTraining Log

Layne norton program... My log..2368

Jelet private msg quote post Address this user

workout song for that day...

I have some goals that i would like to accomplish... I have seen good results from layne nortons program.. so its time that i give it a try...

this log is mostly for myself, just so i can look back and compare my diet/my feelings(no homo), and see how i progressed...

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Day 1. Woke up at 8 AM... drove dad to work, then stopped by my grandmothers house to season me steaks.. and she cooked me 2 eggs with tomatoes/onions mixed in.(olive oil on the pan) with 2 slices of potatoe bread and butter.. and 2 peices of bacon. and a cup of orange juice.. i then helped her move some heavy boxes...

i then went home... had 2 packets of oatmeal(peaches and cream flavor) with a cup of whole milk. Then had a banana. and went to the gym to meet up with a friend.. at around 1:40 pm. but didnt start workout till 3 pm.. because we talked a bit.. (no homo) then went to gnc to get some free preworkout samples before hitting the gym...

then here is my stats... ( used to train for hypertrophy.. -- + i have weak ecto genetics. soinb4 people call out my strength stats)

Note: I was wearing shorts with no boxers so i feel i got distracted because i was afraid if my pants slipped down a bit, people would see my cock and stuff(srs)

Day 1: Upper Body Power Day

Pulling Power Movement: Bent over or Pendlay rows
3 sets of 3-5 reps 150lbs 3 sets of 5...
Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups
2 sets of 6-10 reps body weight. 2 sets of 10...
Auxiliary Pulling movement: Rack chins
2 sets of 6-10 reps. DID NOT DO. COULD NOT RISK MYSELF SINCE I WAS NOT WEARING UNDER WEAR...
Pressing Power Movement: Flat dumbbell presses
3 sets of 3-5 reps. I did 85s for like 8 reps, but my friend helped me a little bit, on first set. then 85s again for like 6-7 but firend helped me a bit... then 90's for like 2 and then friend helped me on 3rd/4th... its hard to judge, next time ill tell my friend to not help me. just to help me getting it up on the first rep. so i can judge how much progress i make better...
Assistance pressing movement: Weighted dips
2 sets of 6-10 reps. 10lbs, 2 sets of 10
Assistance pressing movement: Seated dumbbell shoulder presses
3 sets of 6-10 reps, i was worn down bad. i felt like a weak jew!!! i only did 55 lbs ,2 sets of 6 and last set of 7
Auxiliary curling movement: Cambered bar curls
3 sets of 6-10 reps
30lbs on each side of the ez curl bar.,, seated... i did 3 sets of 10...

Auxiliary extension movement: Skull crushers
3 sets of 6-10 reps

60 lbs, 3 sets of 13. was ez... should have upped the weight... but whatever...

then went home... had 1/2 cup of cottage cheese... and 1 cup of milk with chocolate milk powder and then 2 scoops of some egg protein powder...

then cooked 1/2 cup white rice with little butter added to it and 6 oz steak and lots of peas and carrots...

then.. 50 almonds. and 2 scoops of egg protein powder..

then im going to bed now.. because its 3 am and i ran out of time. but alarm is set to 6 am to down 2 scoops of egg protein shake. then back to sleep till proboably about 1 pm. (no work till 6 pm tomorrow...)

total calories - 3200ish
protein:210-220 G of protein.
fats, around 70 or 80. that range.
carbs? i dont know. i dont count my carbs..

my ultimiate goal is to be able to hunt down pussy anywhere i go.. and beat the fucking shit out of anyone who pisses me off!!!! But my current goal from this program is to do 3 sets of 5 of 100lb dumbbell flat press... My 8rep max (to failure)

my 8rep max of dumbbell flat press last monday was 80 pounds...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Day 2... It was not as bad as i imagined... I actually enjoyed the lower power day because i can take 4 mins between sets.. im used to having little 1 min rest and doing drop sets and it really took the toll out of me. so believe it or not, this aint bad... i liked it....

I woke up... had 1 plain packet of oatmeal and 1 packet of strawberry mix oatmeal... with a cup of milk.. then a cup of milk with a little chocolate syrup in it.. and then 2 scoops of egg protein powder...

then later just before work, i had 1/2 cup of white rice with little butter. then a 6 oz steak with olive oil cooked...

then was at work and had a serious mass weight gainer shake ..

AND then as i got back, SOME PEICE OF SHIT CUSTOMER REALLY GOT ME TICKED OFF, I WANTED TO BEAT THE LIVING SH!T OUT OF HIM. PEOPLE LIKE HIM ARE PART OF THE REASON WHY I LIFT!!! MOTHER FUCKER, GETS ME SO MAD THINKING OF IT... (SRS) any of u kids that think im trolling, i will even make a video of my rage the next time this happens.. i shadow boxed for like 3 mins straight and went ape sh!t !!!!! during my 15 min break. thats how mad i got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! might be from the nutrious food that i am eating.. im used to fastfood meal daily but its time that i get my shit once and for all...

i was at Returns desk and a customer had a 500 ft wire return, and i looked at it, he had no receipt.. it was opened, and it looked like it was cut... and he started telling me hes in a rush, hurry it up. then he asked if i was retarded, and if im new working here. and he really got me mad!!!!! i wanted to JUMP over the counter and stab him.. thats how pissed off i was... my testosterone is over the roof... havent got laid in 2 months... and all this nutritious food is really getting into my system... i feel like a phyco, but what can i do. i would never lay my hand on someone unless they hit me first...

anyways..

got to the gym and here were my stats...
also im almost maxed out at leg extention machine and leg press machine idk what i will do then... i gotta get my flexibility fixed so i can squat again..

Day 2: Lower Body Power Day

Pressing Power Movement: Leg press
3 sets of 3-5 reps.. 385lbs... 5..5.. and 3rd set i bumped it up to 400lbs for 6 reps... (the max out on the machine is 415.. im getting close )
Assistance pressing movement: Hack Squats
2 sets of 6-10 reps. Did not do.
Assistance extension movement: Leg extensions
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 190 pounds.. 10, then 2nd set i did 205lbs for 11 reps...
Assistance pulling movement: seated leg curl machine.
3 sets of 5-8 reps... 145lbs 8... then 170lbs.. 8..8...
Assistance pulling/curling movement: Glute ham raises or lying leg curls
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 120 lbs.. 9..7...
Auxiliary calf movement: Standing calf raise
3 sets of 6-10 reps. did not do.
Auxiliary calf movement: Seated calf raise
2 sets of 6-10 reps 85lbs... 7...7

good workout. i loved the 3-5 min breaks between sets, i love power days.... i also like the low reps, i dont feel the burn when doing them compared to in the past where i did like 20-25 reps and it burned me so bad

then after the gym. had 2 scoops of egg protein and 2 slices of whole wheat bread with 400 calories worth of natty peanutbutter.. then will have 2 scoops of egg protein in 2 hours. then sleep...

also note, i cant do squats at the moment because im still working on my flexibility... and i dont like my form on stiff legged deadlifts, so i replaced em... with other exercises.
Post 2 IP   flag post
sorry havent updated it in a bit, to lazy to post my diet. but its been all nutrious food. i have been sh!ting 2-3 times a day from all this fiber im getting. no more serious mass sugar bs shakes. no more fastfood crap. the most dirty food i have is jelly which i have on my whole wheat bread with natty peanut butter. or a little sugar in my premixed oats packet. but i got the natural flavor today and just add cinnamon. been having huge tbones steaks every night.

and wow, talk about insane gains... (today was my 2nd day 1.. and my lifts exploded already... and i fking love it!!!)

anyways here it is...

------
day 3 - REST DAY. slept like a bear... felt good...

day 4.
back and shoulder hypertropgy

Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy Day

Pulling Power Exercise speed work: Bent over
rows
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max.. i did 100lbs for 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps.

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Rack chins
3 sets of 8-12 reps. didnt do.

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Seated cable row
3 sets of 8-12 reps 110lbs 12... 140 lbs.. 12..12...

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Dumbbell rows or shrugs bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 12-15 reps.... 50 lbs... 12... 45 lbs... 12.. 40 lbs... 13...

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Close grip pulldowns
2 sets of 15-20 reps 110 lbs.. 20, 15.
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Seated dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps 40lbs.. 12...12..10
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Upright rows
2 sets of 12-15 reps 20lbs.. 16... 25 lbs... 14
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Side lateral raises with dumbbells or cables
3 sets of 12-20 reps
2.5 lbs 20...16...12... (i felt the form is very wierd for this exercise, because i went very slow and stiff. and also was running out of time, did like 30 second rest inbetween sets... going to do bent arm dumbbell side raises next session...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy Day

Lower Body Power Exercise speed work: leg press
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max
Hypertrophy pressing movement: Hack squats
3 sets of 8-12 reps, didnt do
Hypertrophy pressing movement: Leg press machine
2 sets of 12-15 reps. 325 lb 20...15...
Hypertrophy extension movement: Leg extensions
3 sets of 15-20 reps... 155 lbs.. 55... 125lbs.. 12... 100lbs 12....
Hypertrophy pulling movement: Romanian deadlifts
3 sets of 8-12 reps.. 205 lbs... 8..8..7.. (first time doing romanian style deadlifts)
Hypertrophy curling movement: Lying leg curls
2 sets of 12-15 reps. I did this, but for some reason, i forgot to record. wtf
Hypertrophy curling movement: Seated leg curls
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 70lbs 15...20....
Hypertrophy calf movement: Donkey calf raises
4 sets of 10-15 reps. didnt do
Hypertrophy calf movement: Seated calf raises
3 sets of 15-20 reps... 45lbs.. 15...15.. then dropped to 35 lbs because i felt fatigued hard. and did 12 reps..

day 6 :Chest and Arms Hypertrophy Day

DID NOT DO... IM MAD, BUT I JUST COULDNT DO IT... i went clubbing friday night... (didnt drink) and got home at 4 am... And i had work at 12 pm the next day.. i wanted to get my 7-8 hours of sleep....

day 7 : rest...
Post 4 IP   flag post
day 1..

3 sets of 3-5 reps 165lbs 3 sets of 5..
Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups.. 10 lbs.. 9, and 7 reps...
2 sets of 6-10 10lbs 2 sets of 10...
2 sets of 6-10 reps. DID NOT DO.
3 sets of 3-5 reps. 85 lbs... 6,5,5, reps.. not even to failure. feeling 100lb dumbbell flat press VERY SOON. COME AT ME BRAH. LOL U MAD FAT CUNTS? FATTIES GONNA FAT. felt like an animal... i felt like a lion....
2 sets of 6-10 reps. 10lbs, 2 sets of 10
3 sets of 6-10 reps, 55 lbs... 8...8...8. did much better than my previous db shoulder press. felt good.
3 sets of 6-10 reps
Some fking asshole hid the ezbar. i searched all over the gym and i could not find the ez curl bar!!!! so i had to use one of the preset ez curl bar with weights already pernamently attached.. had no clue how much the reg ez curl bar even weighs! was mad!!!! 80 lbs, for 2 sets of 10... then 90 lbs for 7 reps.

3 sets of 6-10 reps
70lbs. 10, 10, 7.. for some reason my wrist was hurting for the first 2 sets. might have to change this exercise, we will see if the wrist ache continues.. because i had wrist issues in the past...

overall. solid workout. all my lifts exploded. all gains.

feels good man.jpeg.

looks like this layne norton program is pretty good. i wish i could go to failure, but i gotta control myself... must listen to layne norton.. and give it a week or 2 to start going to failure on my last sets.... but i like it, workouts are not that bad. i dont really gotta push myself to the limits. the only workout i hated was leg hypertropphy day. got a headache, and felt out of breath. it was brutal..

=]

diet has been good to. all nutritious food.

i feel i will def reach my goal of 100lb dumbbell flat press by june for sure... lets get it baby!!!! COME AT ME BRAHHHHHHHH. LOLS U MAD?
Post 5 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Keep it up bro whats your weight and weight gain like atm?
Post 6 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
My question is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
3 sets of 3-5 reps. I did 85s for like 8 reps, but my friend helped me a little bit, on first set. then 85s again for like 6-7 but firend helped me a bit... then 90's for like 2 and then friend helped me on 3rd/4th... its hard to judge, next time ill tell my friend to not help me. just to help me getting it up on the first rep. so i can judge how much progress i make better...

And then you didn't do 3-5 reps?
Post 7 IP   flag post
5 foot 9 and 175 lbs.

And dwatson some of my exercises i did more reps than i was supposed to because i thought the progra
Was a dif rep. I misread. Like for speed work on bent over rows i did 6 reps instead of 3 becausr i forgot many reps i was supppse to do.

But for the 85lb for 8 reps. I did more becausr my friend was helping me on that day and i didnt feel i did enoug cuz my friend was pushingmy elbows for most reps. So i did more reps. But now he knows not to tell me, only to help getting weights up
Post 8 IP   flag post
Did 6,5,5 yesterday. Did 6 reps because i feel i didnt go down enough in the first rep, and felt like i could do more so just wanted that extra boost..

Il be doing 90s next week so it wont be a problem for me. Proboably will do 3 sets of 3 or 4.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
Did 6,5,5 yesterday. Did 6 reps because i feel i didnt go down enough in the first rep, and felt like i could do more so just wanted that extra boost..

Il be doing 90s next week so it wont be a problem for me. Proboably will do 3 sets of 3 or 4.

Sounds good. I would do 90's first set then just nail the 95's. You can do it, just gotta believe in yourself man. 3-5 rep range. If you get 3, you still accomplished what you were wanting to

Get swole.
Post 10 IP   flag post

3 sets of 3-5 reps.. 400 lbs..5....5...405 lbs....5

2 sets of 6-10 reps... 205lbs 10... 210 lbs... 10
3 sets of 5-8 reps... 175lbs ... 7...8... 185 lbs ... 8

2 sets of 6-10 reps... 120 lbs.. 10..10..
3 sets of 6-10 reps. did not do.

all my lifts went up except for seated calf raise... i not bad in my opinion. i remember being fatigued and couldnt rly do anymore for leg curl lying down.. and i went from 7, 9 reps to 10, and 10 reps.. pretty good gains for a week..

i think my calf raise didnt go up because im used to doing like 6 sets of calf raise seated... and i didnt do a standing up calf raise and neglected the donkey calf raise from before... might be it. whatever ill start doing it from now on..

overall, not a bad day.

only going to get 6 hrs of sleep tonight. luckily tommorow is a rest day... ill just sleep for 10-11 hours the next day to try to make it up a bit. so i dont get over worked....
Post 11 IP   flag post
Why aren't you doing rack chins?
Post 12 IP   flag post
i keep running out of my time lol, but ima start doing them starting this monday! and sorry brahs, havent updated this log in a week.. but strength gains are going pretty damn good!! especially considering i ended up getting 2 hrs of sleep on friday morning... all my dads workers were sick and he needed me to go in to work to help him out.and then i slept hard sat morning and then had to wake up at 5 am for work so i ended up not eating enough on sat night so i can sleep... and thought that would fk me over to. but surprisinly, my strength gains still are pretty good..

anyways. let me continue this log...

fuuuuark!!
day 4:

day 4.

rows
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max.. i did 115lbs for 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps.

3 sets of 8-12 reps. didnt do.

3 sets of 8-12 reps 150lbs. 12... 170 lbs 9... 8...

Hypertrophy pulling movement: Dumbbell rows or shrugs bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 12-15 reps.... 45lbs..15...15

2 sets of 15-20 reps 110 lbs.. 20, 19
3 sets of 8-12 reps 45lbs.. 12...12..10
2 sets of 12-15 reps 30lbs.. 12...10
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Side lateral raises machine
3 sets of 12-20 reps 35lbs... 20.. 40lbs 20..20...

daily thoughts:fuuuark!!!! rage!!!! but i used the anger towards me in the gym!!!!

I was at work and this scum bag tried giving me 7 counterfit 100$ bills!!! and i wanted to call the cops on him and see him get arrested but my manager said if i do that i will get fired!! RAGE!!! THE SCUM BAG GOT AWAY. NO FAIR, I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY AND THESE SCUM ARE GETTING AWAY!!! BUT ITS OK BECAUSE I USE THE ANGER TOWARDS THE GYM!!!

also fuuuark!!! my brother wants me to go clubbing tommorow, but fk it, ill club another time!!! i cant afford to miss another chest/arm hypertrophy day!!!

also fuuuark! i ran out of meat. i ended up doing whey protein as main source of proteni today which is annoying, i feel weak with it, i need the nutrients from my meats!!!! gotta get to the store and get me some steak and chicken tomorrow!!! fuaaark!!!

ALSO CHEAT MEAL IS TOMORROW NIGHT, looking forward..

also i ran out of orange triad multis 3 days ago, and i noticed my elbows ache when doing dumbbell shoulder press, which never did, and only did b4 i took orange triad multi which fixed my elbow tendosis... gotta order some asap, currently using optimen but orange triad is much better..... also i was doing seated leg curls on my leg power day 2 days ago.. , and wtf it hurt my shins, i guess the padding is worn out on it.. so i will bringing shin guards to the gym in order to do them. NOTHING WILL STOP ME... U MAD!!!!?!?!!?!?

also leg hypertropgy day is tommorow. i hate it feels like a cardio workout and i feel like sh1tting everywhere and throwing up everywhere from it.. but gotta manup...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Gotta learn to love leg day.

If you wanted to gain size and only had 1 split to run.. it should be legs.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yourell private msg quote post Address this user
yeah but damn those squats are murder. Not even the actual squat but just trying to rack it afterwards cuz I'm too damn short
Post 15 IP   flag post
luka private msg quote post Address this user
how short are you??
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yourell private msg quote post Address this user
Five Foot Six Inches. I don't really have that much trouble its just they're either the racks are up too high and I gotta move em or they're down too. Its really a badass program though, you'll see gains like you wouldn't believe.
Post 17 IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
^ i know that feel. where the rack pins in they should all be inbetween where they currently are
Post 18 IP   flag post
Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy Day(FUUUARK!!!!! FELT LIKE SOMEONE TOOK A 10 FOOT NEEDLE THAT CONTAINS BOILING WATER AND INJECTED IT INTO MY QUADS/CALVES!! THE BURN!!! AHH I HATE IT. SO GLAD ITS DONE WITH THOUGH... I ALSO GOT A NOSE BLEED FOR SOME REASON BUT I THINK ITS BECAUSE OF THE DRY WEATHER BECAUSE I HAVE GOTTEN IT IN THE PAST....)

Lower Body Power Exercise speed work: leg press
i did not do, because if i push very fast on leg press machine and then i come down fast since im focusing on concentric movement, it makes a loud noise from slamming the weights(its leg press machine) and i dont want to break anything... or should i go back to doing this and slam it like a boss?
3 sets of 8-12 reps, didnt do(no flexibility)
2 sets of 12-15 reps. 345lb... 15...355lb...15
3 sets of 15-20 reps... 115lbs...20...17...13
3 sets of 8-12 reps.. DID NOT DO, HAD A NOSE BLEED AND LEFT THE GYM. I USUALLY DO THIS AS MY LAST EXERCISE....
2 sets of 12-15 reps. 80LBS...15...15..
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 85LBS...20 95 LBS....20
4 sets of 10-15 reps. 115LBS...15...10...10..10..(SOME ASSHOLE WENT ON THE MACHINE WHEN I GOT OFF FOR A SECOND TO STRETCH MY LEGS OUT AND IT MESSED UP MY RECOVERY TIME... (THE 2MN RULE) MAN. WAS MAD..
3 sets of 15-20 reps... 25LBS..20...15..15 (I GET FATIGUED QUICKLY ON THIS.. I HATE IT!!!)

FUUUARK!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
day 6. CHEST AND ARMS HYPERTROPHY . I LOVE IT . I DIDNT DO ANY TRICEP EXERCISES BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO BE LATE FOR WORK...

Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy Day

Pressing Power Exercise speed work: Flat dumbbell presses

60LBS.. 6 SETS OF 3 I DID... EXPLODED IT LIKE A BOSS BUTT FELT WIERD WHEN I EXPLODED IT TO THE TOP IN MY ELBOWS. MUST BE FROM RUNNING OUT OF ORANGE TRIAD MULTI VITAMIN(IT HAS GOOD JOINT SUPPORT IN IT... I RAN OUT ON TUESDAY.. FK MAD!!!! GOTTA WAIT FOR MY CHECKS TO CLEAR IN MY BANK CARD SO I CAN ORDER SOME MORE!!!)
Hypertrophy pressing movement: Incline dumbbell presses
3 sets of 8-12 reps.65 LBS... 10...10...8
Hypertrophy pressing movement: Hammer strength chest press
3 sets of 12-15 reps.. DID 45LB PLATE EACH SIDE3 SETS OF 12.
Hypertrophy fly movement: Incline cable flyes
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 30 LBS 20...15
Hypertrophy curling exercise: Cambered bar preacher curls
3 sets of 8-12 reps 32.LBS BOTH SIDES... 11..9...6...
Hypertrophy curling exercise: Dumbbell concentration curls
2 sets of 12-15 reps... DID 25LBS FIRST SET FOR EACH AND THEN I HAD TO DROP IT TO 20LBS WENT TO HEAVY. GOTTA DO 20LBS NEXT SESSION....
Hypertrophy curling exercise: Spider curls bracing upper body against an incline bench
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. DID 20LBS AGAIN BUT WAS HEAVBY AND SWITCHED TO 15LBS ON THE LAST SET....
Hypertrophy extension exercise: Seated tricep extension with cambered bar
3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable pressdowns with rope attachment
2 sets of 12-15 reps
Hypertrophy extension exercise: Cable kickbacks
2 sets of 15-20 reps

^^ NO TRICEP EXERCISES...

ABOUT TO ENJOY MY HUGE 1.5 INCH THICK STEAK... COME AT ME NUTRIENT !!!!! FEED MY MUSCLES!!!!!!!!! ITS 24OZ BUT THATS AFTER I PUT THE SEASONING ON IT (sOME OLVE OIL, GARLIC AND BBQ STEAK POWDER....)

COME AT ME NUTRIENTS!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY UR SNICKER BARS AND LITTLE NUTRIENT FOODS FAT CUNTS WHILE I ENJOY MY STEAK WITH LOADS OF NUTRIENTS TO FEED MY MUSCLES. MICRO NUTRIENT OVER LOAD. U MAD?
Post 20 IP   flag post
PLAN TO PREPARE.. PLAN TO FAIL.. FUCK EATING COLD FRIDGE FOOD. ALL MY FRESH IS FRESH!!! AND TASTEY!!!

I SEASON MY STEAKS AND FREEZE EM. THEN I PUT IT TO DEFROST IN WATER FOR 2-3 HOURS. AND THEN I JUST PUT IT IN THE OVEN ON BROIL....

1500 CALORIE MEAL. MAYBE MORE...

BREAKFAST? I COOK EGGS ON THE SPOT WITH OATMEAL.

LUNCH? I CRACK MY TUNA FISH SANDWHICH OUT OF THE CAN.. WITH THE BREAD. ETC.

ALL MY MEALS ARE FRESH BABY. U MAD?!??
THE ONLY THING I EAT FROM THE FRIDGE IS MY COTTAGE CHEESE!!!!!!

fuuuark!!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Not pan frying a steak...not having your steak blue...Mr Jelet I'm afraid I will have to revoke your man card for crimes against steak.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Steaks loooking good. Keep working hard.
Post 23 IP   flag post

LESSON OF THE DAY: Asking for a spot or help with a lift to a random in the gym is all about luck!!! totally ruined my dumbbell flat chest press when it is my favorite lift of the week!!!!!

So here i am, all excited to see how much stronger i got and all pumped up. i did 90lb flat chest press last monday, 1st set was 5, 2nd set was 4, and 3rd set was 3.5 (my friend helped me when i was in the middle)

and today i had such a dumb spotter.(random guy)

So i tell him exactly whati want him to do, im all polite and telling him i appreciate it..

I tell him, i just need him to push my elbows when i go back to get the first rep.. and heres what happens....

I go back and i cant the weight up, im stuck for litterally 5 seconds at the bottom, and im like "help help hlep" and he pushes lightly and i waste all my energy getting that first rep up.

then i do 3 reps and im all gased up and fatigued...

and i get another spotter and the same thing happens...

so basically i did 2 sets of 3. and 1 set of 2...

all because of a shtty spotter not helping me get the first rep up.. lesson learned, always go with my friends that i can count on to the gym on monday.... never rely on random spotters....

and no it was not because i ate bad or something, because i been clean bulking and i all my other lifts increased. it was only dumbbell flat chest press that was like 2-3 reps LESS than last weeks workout because i was stuck on the 1st set at the bottom with no help for like 5 seconds. im like "help help help" and then he pushes lightly, and i use up all my energy on that first rep which fked me over..."

feels bad man.jpeg

- Anyways... heres the log for today...

3 sets of 3-5 reps 175lbs 3 sets of 3...
Assistance Pulling movement: Weighted Pull ups
2 sets of 6-10 reps body weight.15lbs... 9...7...
2 sets of 6-10 reps. 2 sets of 6. (bodyweight)
3 sets of 3-5 reps. I did 90s 3 sets of 3. I DID SO MUCH MORE LAST TIME. ITS BECAUSE I HAD A STUPID SPOT. I WASTED 5 SECONDS GETTING THE WEIGHTS UP IN THE FIRST REP BECAUSE STUPID SPOT LEFT ME TO DO IT BY MYSELF AND IT WORN ME DOWN BAD.. YES I AM MAD... GOT DAMN.... NEVER AGAIN WILL I RELY ON A RANDOM DUDE FROM THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R

2 sets of 6-10 reps. 35lbs, 2 sets of 10 (damn. im getting strong fast with my dips.. feels good man.jpeg)
3 sets of 6-10 reps, 55lbs... 10...9..7(pretty good gains , i remember doing like 3 sets of 6 just 3 weeks ago... also my elbows were acheing when doing these... and hasnt done this in like a year before i used ornage triad multi vitamin which is proof.. ORANGE TRIAD MULTI VITAMIN AND JOINT SUPPORT REALLY DOES HELP UR JOINTS AND PROB THE BEST MULTI THERE IS!!!!!)
3 sets of 6-10 reps
35lbs on each side of the ez curl bar.,, seated... i did 2 sets of 8. and last set was 7... pretty good gains.

skipped this exercise because of wrist issues, and especially since my orange triad has no came in, my elbows will start aching like hell... but will do or do close grip bench with dumbbells next session)

i really am so bummed about my dumbbell flat chest press.... but life goes on. we live and learn.... damn random spotter... i explained it to him. all i needed was him to push my elbows as soon as the dumbbells leave my knees, and hes ilke "yea yea, i know i know" when NO he doesnt know. got damn.

but its ok, because next power upper body ima be mad and filled with energy to blast the dumbbel flat press!!!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Thing is it's more about fatigue than anything else, you werent confident with the spotter and you were OMGWTFBBQ and freaked out probably expending a shit ton of energy.

Atleast you got clean reps better than if the spotter pushed too ahrd and turned it intoa team building exercise like the BB bench guys that have their friends row it off them.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Thing is it's more about fatigue than anything else, you werent confident with the spotter and you were OMGWTFBBQ and freaked out probably expending a shit ton of energy.

Atleast you got clean reps better than if the spotter pushed too ahrd and turned it intoa team building exercise like the BB bench guys that have their friends row it off them.

Reps+, very good points here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
song of the day...

3 sets of 3-5 reps.. 415lbs..5..425lbs...5.. 430lbs..5.. (MAX IS 425 LBS... ON THE LEG PRESS MACHINE, I MAXED OUT BABIES.. I JUST PUT A 5LB PLATE ON TOP OF THE STACK OF WEIGHTS.... FUUUARK!!!!!)
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 215lbs..9..8..
3 sets of 5-8 reps... 200lbs 8..8..8...
2 sets of 6-10 reps... 130 lbs.. 9..7...
3 sets of 6-10 reps. did not do. ran out of time lol.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep

nah bro, i wasted all my energy trying to push the weight up and lost all my strength.

the other days, my spotter would help me get the weight up on the first rep (but i wuold not count the rep of course. i only count the ones i do 100% on my own)

also today i pigged out, i did it not for the taste but to get my calories in and to hit my macro so i can go to bed early. i feel very guilty and feel like crap. i dont think im going to have a cheat meal this weekend to make up for it... fuuark!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
day 4.

rows
6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max.. i did 115lbs for 6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps.

3 sets of 8-12 reps. didnt do. ran out of time... =/

3 sets of 8-12 reps 150lbs. 12... 170 lbs 9... 8...(SAME AS BEFORE) i felt like i could do more, but i didnt want to go past failure.. i wanted to go all i can do with good form. i could do 96% rom for like 6 more reps. but i stop at perfect form....

2 sets of 12-15 reps.... 50lbs...12...12

2 sets of 15-20 reps 110 lbs.. 20, 20
3 sets of 8-12 reps 45lbs.. 12...12..12
2 sets of 12-15 reps 30lbs.. 13..12
Hypertrophy shoulder movement: Side lateral raises machine
3 sets of 12-20 reps 45lbs..20...18...15

overall thoughts: i feel i could have done more for my cable rows, but that would be past failure, i would not bring the bar to my chest.... it would stop like 4 inches short. iuno, maybe next time on my last set, i will go crzy and go all out if i dont see me progressing. maybe i will need that extra boost... we wiill have to see.....
Post 29 IP   flag post
day 5... leg hypertropgy.. (:X)
Lower Body Power Exercise speed work: i dont do this...

3 sets of 8-12 reps, didnt do(no flexibility)
2 sets of 12-15 reps. 360lbs..15..15...
3 sets of 15-20 reps... 115lbs...20...17...13(no progress on this.. i could do more, but it wont be 100% rom. it wont fully extend... i dont go to failure, so i dont. i stop when i cant do anymore with good form.. i dont try to give me an extra boost to failure...)
3 sets of 8-12 reps.. ran out of time. didnt get time to do it
2 sets of 12-15 reps. 90lbs..15...15...
2 sets of 15-20 reps.. 105...20..120lbs.. 20... ( wow been seeing some good strength gains from this)
4 sets of 10-15 reps. 115LBS. I did this, but my phone died. so i dont remember... the stats

3 sets of 15-20 reps... 25LBS.. forgot the reps... my phone died.... couldnt tract it...
Post 30 IP   flag post
340769 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute