Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
frame private msg quote post Address this user
What any1 thinks about deloading, read that it is needed sonetimes to give body a little break from heavy lifting and train with lighter weights/less volume for a week or so in order to gain more muscle after a deload period. Like one step back and two steps forward approach. Personally noticed that after abot 8 weeks of heavy lifting progres starts getting diminishing returns effect and seems deliading has a point. Anyways, what you think, is it necessary or one should strive for different approach to balance out split the way to avoid deloads?
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Deloads are proven to work.
But when u take them depends on ur training age.
So if ur new to lifting u may be fine for 8-12week periods but the further u advance the more they become important.
The shortest training cycle I’ve seen to incorporate Deloads is minimum 4weeks. But generally these are intermediate to advanced lifters !!
Also age & diet can be factors !!
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@FiremanSi holy shit I thought you died! -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
@FiremanSi holy shit I thought you died! -3X

No such luck 😜
Post 4 IP   flag post
frame private msg quote post Address this user
Can this be possible that deload is counter productive for some people as working sets are lower after deload?
Had this issue after a deload last time and noticed similar before, this time tho I got weaker obviously due to the flu, in this case it is just coincidence with previous time deloading. Can it be be possible that body just weaker first week after deload as body didn't lift as heavy for a whole week. Obviously this should not be like this as it's not likely to loose muscle within such short period - only one week, granted that body got enough calories and rest, right?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@eknight hahaha.

@NorIda I knew u cared !!
Post 6 IP   flag post
LiftingLawyer private msg quote post Address this user
Make sure you wear a nice dress while “deloading”

Grow a pair...real progress comes from progressive overload

Life throws in deloads(think divorce, boozing and feeling sorry for yourself, strip clubs late at night, marrying strippers etc etc)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftingLawyer

Life throws in deloads(think divorce, boozing and feeling sorry for yourself, strip clubs late at night, marrying strippers etc etc)

Yeah every high level coach and athlete currently wrong.
Well said. But ignorance is bliss.
Post 8 IP   flag post
LiftingLawyer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftingLawyer

Yeah every high level coach and athlete currently wrong.
Well said. But ignorance is bliss.

I agree with you absolutely once you are doing punishing training, the problem is most people gravitate to the easy elements without having earned it!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@LiftingLawyer ah now I see ur angle... and I agree.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340552 10 10
destitute