Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCarbsDiet AdviceNewbieTraining Programs

bulking plan help please18230

nightwingbot private msg quote post Address this user
can someone help me out
im 18 have a part time job and i want to start getting bigger
can someone point me in the right direction that has been in this position, cheap useful foods how many what meat what veggies, how many meals, should i still do any cardio?, how many days should i be training

i weigh 60kg im 5ft 7 i have a very low body fat but also very tonned. if you can help me out that'd be great
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Read the FAQ and The Routine Design for Dummies on the homepage of the forum. That's a huge start and you'll be way ahead of the vast majority of 18 year olds doing bro splits
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
Read the FAQ and The Routine Design for Dummies on the homepage of the forum. That's a huge start and you'll be way ahead of the vast majority of 18 year olds doing bro splits

Start here, there's good info.

Once you read that and the idea of macros, I would just make reasonable choices of healthy foods. It's best to have a well rounded diet, but eating specific bro foods all the time won't help much in the long run. Eat good food that you actually want to eat, whatever it may be.

I've done my share of bulks with no cardio, and my opinion is you're better off doing at least some for general health, even when bulking. It requires you to eat more calories, but in the past I've found my poor cardiovascular conditioning getting the better of me during squats or some other lifts before my lack of strength does.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Aoverto7 private msg quote post Address this user
Bean, pasta, potatoes, rice, poptarts, jelly, cereal, sour candy, candy, gatorade, etc. Carbs, carbs, carbs
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
but eating specific bro foods all the time won't help much in the long run. Eat good food that you actually want to eat, whatever it may be.

The best diet IMO is the one that you'll stick to. People can't just eat chicken, pasta, rice, broccoli, etc. all the time. You'll enjoy the process alot more and never feel like you are really restricting yourself from eating things you like.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MusicThings private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
but eating specific bro foods all the time won't help much in the long run. Eat good food that you actually want to eat, whatever it may be.

The best diet IMO is the one that you'll stick to. People can't just eat chicken, pasta, rice, broccoli, etc. all the time. You'll enjoy the process alot more and never feel like you are really restricting yourself from eating things you like.

Which is why my fats and carbs are exclusively Cool Ranch Doritos

Jk
Post 6 IP   flag post
340741 6 6
destitute