Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceMacrosTraining Programs

Need Help With Routine/Diet17930

acoble02 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
I know that it is better to train your muscles twice per week. Now, is this still true if you have a very physical job? Also,I am normally tired and weak anymore (guess from my job). I am trying to cut fat and was wondering around how many calories i should be getting. I am gettinga round 3500cals. 220p,430c,100f. Around there. I weigh 215lbs, 6ft tall, 22 years old. Really would like some help here.

THanks,
Andrew
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @acoble02

Your information can be found here:

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/
Post 2 IP   flag post
I've read that but that doesn't help with my job and how frequent I should hit my muscles
Post 3 IP   flag post
I know it says to hit them twice per week but does that still apply when you have a very physical job?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@hamb0
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. Twice a week. Unless your job is working out every day, it's not the same. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Its hard to tell, since i dont know what your job is. I've worked with horses, which i considered to be a very physical job, but in no way was it comparable to working the muscles like you would with weight training.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ this. The movement patterns are different, nuero adaptations are different, demands on the muscles and joints themselves are different. Plus- if you've been doing your job for any length of time, your body has become acclimated to it. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
Do you think my calories are around where they should be to lose fat?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoble02
Do you think my calories are around where they should be to lose fat?

They might be. Since you say your job is physically demanding, 3500 cals might put you in a deficit. Best bet is to give it a go, track your weight for a week or two, and adjust from there.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340741 10 10
destitute