Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionNewbieSplit Advice

A little advice - newbie to site17775

CHAPP785 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all. My name is John and I've been looking around this site for a week or so now and seems a really cool site. With that in mind I was hoping to get a little advice on a few things..

I completed Insanity last year and then followed the LDNM muscle workout guide for a fee months and lost overall 3 stone and looked really good.. put on alot of muscle. Since October I've been off the wagon as such and eating whatever i want and not training whatsoever. And here is for the advice part...

I've decided i want to attempt another home workout routine and have set my sights on Rushfit in the mornings. cardio and bodyweight exercises basically and I'm going to pair that with a weight lifting 3 x week with moderate weights in the evening.

My question is around diet and working out how much/what and when to eat. Ive never been able to work out my calories or what/when to eat so was looking for some advice on this and also maybe what to lift and moves when lifting.

My weight is 12st 7 present and I'm 6ft ish. I work an Insurance Job so quite difficult to eat 6 meals a day.

Any advice?

Cheers in advanced.

John
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Read the faq. Don't eat 6 meals. Eat however many you need to get in your calories.

I work full time and school full time and I have no trouble hitting my 3600 calories in 3 or 4 meals.

Learn to prioritize.
Post 2 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
No need to eat 6 meals per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPP785
My question is around diet and working out how much/what and when to eat. Ive never been able to work out my calories or what/when to eat so was looking for some advice on this and also maybe what to lift and moves when lifting.

I would use My Fitness Pal to track your calories. Set the macros to 50c/30p/20f. Start by hitting your goal of protein goal for the day.

I think a legitimate weight lifting program like Strong Lifts and responsible dieting will be easier than following a video program like Insanity.... not my idea of fun.

As @SOLARSUPLEX lots more info in the FAQ to help you get started.
Post 3 IP   flag post
340770 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute