Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCuttingIntroductionNewbieTraining Programs

BF Estimate and Skinny Fat Help17696

CoonKing private msg quote post Address this user
Recently started lifting can anyone give me what they think my body fat % is (i think im around 10). And as you can see im skinny fat bur when i flex i have abs how do i get rid of this belly fat? Do i bulk or cut?

bold text
Post 1 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
You just look skinny. No muscle. You need to bulk up and put on some size then cut. Rinse. Repeat.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ya i m trying to bulk up but I can't fit in any times for meals other than breakfast,lunch,and dinner due to school. Lol does GOMAD work?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Lmao. Gallon of milk a day? Hahahah. I have no idea if it would. Read the faq section it explains diet etc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
OK will do. Should I do a 3 or 5 day split while bulking
Post 6 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@CoonKing read the faq at the top of the board
Post 7 IP   flag post
hghani13 private msg quote post Address this user
@CoonKing You can definitely bulk on just 3 big meals as long as you meet your daily caloric needs.

If you think milk is easy calories for you, go for it.

It doesn't matter how many days you go to the gym. Be it 3,4 or 5 days per week. Just choose one you can be consistent with. Read the FAQs.
Post 8 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@CoonKing you need size as others have said BF is meaningless at this point

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/page/1/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/

Strong Lifts is the best place to start - it's a 3 day per week program:

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

"Your goal is to increase the weight each workout."

For bulking, what @hghani13 says is accurate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hghani13
@CoonKing You can definitely bulk on just 3 big meals as long as you meet your daily caloric needs.

If you think milk is easy calories for you, go for it.

It doesn't matter how many days you go to the gym. Be it 3,4 or 5 days per week. Just choose one you can be consistent with. Read the FAQs.
Post 9 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
I'd defiently bulk, and run a fullbody program till you have a good strength base. Pick a program from FAQ and run it for 6-12 months eating at a caloric surplus. As you get stronger and build muscle you will have a better body composition, so you won't have the "skinnyfat" look.

3 meals is more than enough per day. I eat 3200 calories a day with 3 BIG ASS meals as well due to work and school. Your best bet is to buy in bulk. Oats, rice and cereal are easy high caloric dense foods that can be made fast.

Good luck!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thx everyone I'll definitely bulk up. I'll also run the 5x5 program. The only problem I have is I don't have a consistent spotter with me so can I replace the bench press with dumbbell press?
Post 11 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@CoonKing I would focus on barbell bench press because this will ultimately make you bigger/stronger

The starting weight is low so you might not need a spotter at first:

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_much_weight_should_I_start_with

If/when you do need a spot ask someone for help... or workout with a buddy on bench days. Better to ask for help than to suffer alone in silence without gains.
Post 12 IP   flag post
CaptainKanter private msg quote post Address this user
I was in your position a year ago. Although you may think you're fat trust me you need to bulk. The newbie gains will kick in and you will lose fat as you gain muscle (for about the first 6 months). Just keep going and EAT!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@CoonKing I like your screen-name. When I was young I was known as PoonKing.
Post 14 IP   flag post
340609 14 14
destitute