Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Target more chest than shoulders17449

GreekLegend private msg quote post Address this user
I notice most people would have massive shoulders and tiny chest. Help on targeting more on chest. I tend to do incline bench dumbbell / flys , cable crossovers , flat bench dumbbell , dips, incline bench with smith machine , push-ups , pullovers.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Why do you do so much? If your chest is lacking it could be because you're overtraining it. And by "could be," I mean "you are without a doubt," if you're doing all that. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Why do you do so much? If your chest is lacking it could be because you're overtraining it. And by "could be," I mean "you are without a doubt," if you're doing all that. -3X

This. I had a buddy who had the biggest arms in the gym. Dude looked insane. His entire arm workout..... 9 sets in 30 mins. Why? Because you hit arms in other movements.... I don't train arms at all and just focus on the big 3 with a small amount of accessories and there pretty big. I know we're talking chest but a muscle is a muscle. Lol.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GreekLegend private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

Most are superset. And it's been working
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Ah, yes, supersetting- inefficient as hell for hypertrophy, but good for increasing muscular endurance. Your chest can now perform the equivalent of a 10k.

And why do people always assume, "it's working," means the same as "it's optimal." If you're doing all that and it's working, just imagine how well it would be working if you were training optimally! -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@Ek, what was a typical push day for you when you ran PPL?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@SOLARSUPLEX

Barbell bench: 135x20/2x155x20/2x225x6
OHP: 5x135x8
Close Grip Bench: 5x225x5
Seated DB lateral raises: 3x20x8
DB triceps extension: 3x80x8

Cut and pasted from my log. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
[quote

And it's been working

Sorry, but if it's working what's the point of this thread?
Post 8 IP   flag post
340740 8 8
destitute