Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeadliftDiet AdvicePower LiftingSquatsTraining Programs

Great/Effective Powerlifting Routines17212

ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking about moving to powerlifting :0 Any tips and programs recommendations yeeee
Post 1 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
WhAt about bodybuilding?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Zepa private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the dark side
Post 3 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Programming is very individualized when it comes to powerlifting. Got to find what works best for you and what keeps you injury free. I like building strength with different rep and set schemes and variations of the big 3 over a period of time then testing strength.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Programming is very individualized when it comes to powerlifting. Got to find what works best for you and what keeps you injury free. I like building strength with different rep and set schemes and variations of the big 3 over a period of time then testing strength.

You are also doing conjugate or ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Zepa- no. But def incorporate some of the principals into my programming
Post 6 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Powerlifting training is pretty individual. It also changes based on your own weaknesses and which Meso/Micro cycle you are in (how far away from competition/maxing out you are). Its best to read about strength principles and apply them yourself.

2 free articles with a lot of good stuff in them.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2014/11/11/periodization-powerlifting-definitive-guide/

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/12/03/nonsense-periodization-powerlifting/

Also suggest Dr. Mike Israetel's Scientific Principles of Strength Training (dig around, you can find it for free).

My training is based on RTS Manual by Mike Mike Tuchscherer. Yet again, its a book about principles (mostly RPE) that you apply yourself.

Beyond 5/3/1 is also another good read. It might seem simple and boring but introduces a lot of principles without you having to really think hard about it.

edit: I am not saying don't try the popular programs but instead, if you do try them, think critically about what worked and what did not. Each program has a different way of thinking about/attacking problems. Cherry pick what you find works to form your own way of thinking.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
Powerlifting training is pretty individual. It also changes based on your own weaknesses and which Meso/Micro cycle you are in (how far away from competition/maxing out you are). Its best to read about strength principles and apply them yourself.

2 free articles with a lot of good stuff in them.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2014/11/11/periodization-powerlifting-definitive-guide/

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/12/03/nonsense-periodization-powerlifting/

Also suggest Dr. Mike Israetel's Scientific Principles of Strength Training (dig around, you can find it for free).

My training is based on RTS Manual by Mike Mike Tuchscherer. Yet again, its a book about principles (mostly RPE) that you apply yourself.

Beyond 5/3/1 is also another good read. It might seem simple and boring but introduces a lot of principles without you having to really think hard about it.

edit: I am not saying don't try the popular programs but instead, if you do try them, think critically about what worked and what did not. Each program has a different way of thinking about/attacking problems. Cherry pick what you find works to form your own way of thinking.

3 thumbs up
Post 8 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Its just so much money for so little reward also other than the money chances of getting sponsored or going pro are too slim. And i want to get freaky strooong.
Post 9 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezvmoneybeast
And i want to get freaky strooong.

Strong is sexy, go for it good luck!
Post 10 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@ezvmoneybeast For people starting powerlifting based programs i would always say to try start with something based around Linear Progression and then MILK THAT SHIT.
When u stall, move onto a program like beyond wendler 531.

After this i like something different with more volume like Johnny Candito's 6-week strength program.. or a for more than a 6 week cycle then move into a campbell PRS and all these programs are free online with excel based spreadsheets for them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Powerlifting is actually really easy. Just lift heavy fucking weights. Boom.

Jk guys plz dont get butthurt and kill me, i know it takes a lot more than that
Post 12 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
U spent hella money on gh doe..
Post 13 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmothyGen
U spent hella money on gh doe..

this shit right here
Post 14 IP   flag post
@TimmothyGen you could always sell that shit
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezvmoneybeast
Its just so much money for so little reward also other than the money chances of getting sponsored or going pro are too slim. And i want to get freaky strooong.

Do you plan on competing? I'm just curious to what your goals are? If I remember right, you have the most shredded legs of anyone on this forum, so what are you after here with power lifting?
Post 16 IP   flag post
340769 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute