Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DOMSRecoverySplit AdviceWTF

Treating muscle soreness16714

qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
What ways do you guys suggest for dealing with muscle soreness (doms)?
Especially when you are sore all over like i am now lol.
I've taken magnesium and booked a massage. am i doing it right?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Stretch. Foam roll. Train smarter, not harder. Be patient as well- the longer you train the less the DOMS will be.

I wouldn't personally take Mg for soreness. Seems a bit hypocritical given your position on Vitamin D and sunlight. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
Lol and so it begins, going to pop my popcorn right now!

@qtdreams92 Yeah it's just one of those things that happen. With those cooking skills grab a man and get free massages every day.
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
Lol and so it begins, going to pop my popcorn right now!

@qtdreams92 Yeah it's just one of those things that happen. With those cooking skills grab a man and get free massages every day.

Hahaha! So true. Should be easy @qt.

But yeah, the more consistent you are with your training the less the DOMS will be. You can also do some light exercises along with stretching to get the blood flowing into the muscles. Obviously, make sure you're getting adequate macros and sleep.
Post 4 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
the longer you train the less the DOMS will be.

This bit is good

@LVjack can I have some too, pop corn is nice
Also that's not the kind of massage i am thinking of but thanks haha.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@nine0seven haha that's pretty much me anytime QT and EK get to going at it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular Yeah. She is attractive, she lifts and she got mad cooking skills... Should have her pick of who ever she wants on that little island.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@qtdreams92 Haha I honestly wasn't even thinking about that kind of massage, get your mind clean!

And yeah you can have some pop corn, it's the kettle corn type though. My favorite.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
@LVjack kettle corn.. yyyyuuuumm
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Rand Haha yep you know where it's at! I'm working the night shift so if I get a call into Idaho I'll drop some by.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@LVjack haha kettle corn is nice! we have microwave corn here. oh and I am impressed that you manage to turn this topic into about cooking. lovely

@wannabemuscular so i need bloody flowing thru the muscles. cardio should work then yea?

@eknight now that I think about it, why won't you personally take magnesium for soreness. what do you have against it?
and FYI i take multi now (it has lots of D) and stand in the sun so my 'position' has changed. so please scrub that item off your notepad cheers
Post 12 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Spodermon is here...
Post 13 IP   flag post
@qtdreams92 Australia is like another world lol, kettle corn is a type or flavor of pop corn that goes in the microwave. That would be awesome though to cook kettle corn in a kettle...
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@qtdreams92 I don't have anything against it. I just don't believe that any potential benefit it could offer is worthwhile because A) I don't mind DOMS and generally have a high pain tolerance, and B) don't believe in taking muscle relaxers or nervous system depressants to deal with the body's natural inflammatory response. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
Magnesium is one of the supplements I take. Got some D3 in there too

I even spray magnesium oil on my skin everyday. Magnesium game is on point!

Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Why?

Interestingly, why are you taking iron as well? Are you anemic? -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
Magnesium is one of the supplements I take. Got some D3 in there too

I even spray magnesium oil on my skin everyday. Magnesium game is on point!

For some reason vitamin D or Zinc gave me really bad acne. Thought it was diet related but stopped taking it awhile ago and still eat shit food with no acne. Will never take those vitamins again.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@nine0seven Interesting. I've never heard of zinc doing that and have actually read it reduces inflammation and helps clear acne. Never heard of vit D doing that either but hell, if you got off them and feel good and the acne is gone then I wouldn't take those either.

@eknight Taking iron bc my blood test last year showed low level of MCH which is partly corrected with iron supplementation. So yeah kind of close to levels associated with microcytic anemia but no I'm not anemic.

From my most recent blood test MCH levels are now in the high end range of normal as you can see here:

r

Taking magnesium just for its benefits in converting blood sugar into cellular energy and the magnesium spray has cleared up any and all red bumps on my back. It's basically good for reducing inflammation and cortisol levels in the skin. It kind of burns because it dries out the skin a bit being that's it's pretty much just a salt but it works for me.
Post 19 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
Vitamin d and zinc are known to help clear/prevent acne.

Everyone's different I guess.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Odd.. It's role in inflammation is exactly why I WOULDN'T take it. Different strokes, I guess. -3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
True. I can see the argument on both sides.
Post 22 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Just deal with it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
At least that's what I do. I'll foam roll for stretching etc before squats but once doms set in I just stretch n ride it out
Post 24 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
I love muscle soreness. It always makes me want to go and train again.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Dem41 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_em
I love muscle soreness. It always makes me want to go and train again.
this !,
only time it bothers me is if i change up bench press day/squat day. nothing like reaching back to grab the bar for the first time on squats after a good bench press day.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@LVjack I am going to have to find some of that magnesium oil!

Epsom salt bath, Light stretches and rumble roller actually works! (in that order). So the first few rolls were nasty. But then the doms went away eventually.

@Dem41 uh-oh, thats whats going to happen to me exactly in about 3 hrs from now lmao
Post 27 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
Doms? Mazetti?
Post 28 IP   flag post
craig private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight

What is your opinion on sports massages? As you have seen my dead form has changed a lot for the worse, my lower/mid back is sore everyday right now, I'm not a pussy who'll just complain about doms bothering me but I'm tight as shit in my back right now and feel my body is ready for a deload/rest so I'm gonna take a few days off next week and book a sports massage, I've had them before but wanted to know if you think they help with lifting/form
Post 29 IP   flag post
@qtdreams92 Yeah the magnesium oil is good stuff, I'm all about that skin care life lol. Seriously serious though.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340767 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute