Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessGlovesSplit Advice

Those annoying callouses.16695

qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed my hands getting rough with callouses and that worries me because i don't want hands that look like a man lol.

I know the skin is meant to get thicker because of the weights but I find callouses a bit too much. I been trying to file them down with a manicure stick, and the chemist store sold me a gel/cream that is meant to treat this problem. well thats what the rep said, i'll start using it tonight.

How do you guys treat callous? if you even do this. I don't wear gloves when i train, should I start? (maybe suggest brand as well if poss)

cheers so much for helping.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Arimac44 private msg quote post Address this user
My Callouses are my battle scars. I show them with pride! It's what separates you from those who do not lift
Post 2 IP   flag post
well I spend heaps of money on my skin already so not sure I want 'battle scars' on them haha
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@Arimac44 well said. Same exact thing here.

Only advice I have is to get a pair of gloves. Usually fingerless is what I see people wear, but to be honest I have calluses on my fingers too. So I don't know how much gloves will really help.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Gloves are the only thing I really see helping.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Fayzeh private msg quote post Address this user
I'm proud of callouses because hard workers get them. Put yourself in that category! 😉 @qtdreams92
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Fayzeh she's too worried about her soft skin and her foundation running when she's training to feel comfortable with callouses too... Plus- how would they look in her selfies? -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
@Qtie, wear leather gloves without Fingers. They will help, but not totally. It is fast and easy to git rid of them, though. Go to beautician, she will use the same machine when she does the pedicure. One minute and u can lift and have smooth hands u're welcome.
Post 8 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I use a pumice stone to keep mine smooth.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@qtdreams92 hey i'm with you here, i try to help my gf keep her hands nice and soft even with her training. no thanks to sandpaper hands
Post 10 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's weird, but I honestly like my callouses.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I just find guys outside of the gym world do not like girls to have 'sandpaper hands' (thanks @Bucky for understanding lol) and it's embarrassing to get laughed at when going out because my hands look ugly mangled mess.

@wannabemuscular great idea i soaked in Epsom salt and then rubbed the shit out if it with pumice stone. Now it's smooth as haha. Way better than pinching them because they bleed.

Mum is my 'beautician' and no way am I showing her my callouses.
Post 12 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I don't mind callouses, but they have to be smooth. If you want to touch someone or be touched by someone the hands have to be smooth and soft. Can't be rough and scratchy.
Post 13 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
@qtdreams92 Take care of those hands! Put some horse hoof cream on them, if it's good for a horses foot it's good for those hands.
Post 14 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
I've ripped my callouses deadlifting & I stuffed chalk in it and went back for a PR. Stop being beta cunts or go lift at planet fitness.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@nine0seven I almost agree but you shouldn't call women beta cunts because... Well... It's not very "alpha" to cal women beta cunts.
Post 16 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
@nine0seven I almost agree but you shouldn't call women beta cunts because... Well... It's not very "alpha" to cal women beta cunts.

Wasn't specifically calling women beta cunts, just messing around with everyone complaining about silly stuff (:
Post 17 IP   flag post
@nine0seven Well then I completely agree with you then
Post 18 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92
I don't wear gloves when i train, should I start?

Yes, i don't think there is any other way to avoid callouses.
Post 19 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Hand creams and pumice stone. I don't use any but I heards it works.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVjack
@qtdreams92 Take care of those hands! Put some horse hoof cream on them, if it's good for a horses foot it's good for those hands.

oh my.. the 'hoof' cream comes in one big giant bucket from the stable, i think it will last me a lifetime and a half. thanks!

@MMB; yea, pumice stone and rock climbing cream, thats what some guys at my gym said to use.

No gloves because i don't want to lo look 'beta' as @nine0seven so nicely put it lol.
Post 21 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92

No gloves because i don't want to lo look 'beta' as @nine0seven so nicely put it lol.

And u really care if u look like alpha, beta or maybe omega? And, moreover, what do they think?
U can put whatever u want, if u lift heavy and challenge yourself!

Being scared of judging will make u more beta than leather gloves do. Besides, in my opinion they go really well with nice nails and heavy dumbbells.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@A_em hey thats awesome, well i know i need to be more 'tough' mentally, it is def a work in progress. The preptalk here on SS works good so far!
no one in my life really gets why I lift. the motivation has to come from me, thinking about my goal helps. i have always been self conscious though.
anyways, maybe i will be an omega by the time i go to ibiza.
Post 23 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
I've ripped my callouses deadlifting & I stuffed chalk in it and went back for a PR. Stop being beta cunts or go lift at planet fitness.

I guess I'm a beta cunt for using a pumice stone to keep my calluses in check. But hey what do I know about deadlifting.

I will never understand why people think tearing calluses is alpha. It's fucking pointless and easily avoidable.

Edit: I don't mean to single you out. I see it on the Internet and in the gym.
Post 24 IP   flag post
340770 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute