Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChestSplit Advice

incline 315 or more?16690

csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
How many people on here can currently incline 315 or more?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gianluca69 private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently looking around myself, trying to find any fucks to give.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Lol people like you crack me up(;
Post 3 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@csizemore21 Not many people even do that lift, let alone go really heavy on it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular Its seriously a way better lift, but anywho all opinions aside, just want some advice or tips bc I want to still press big boy weight without flat
Post 5 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
a couple years back , i inclined 315lb for 3 reps and 350lb for 1 rep.. when my injuries heal up , i plan on adding these back into my lifts..

also smith machined 4 plates aside, i think thats 375lb x 1
Post 6 IP   flag post
I personally love the lift and I do it as part of my benching. I just tend to keep the reps a bit higher and I do it after Flat so not much energy left.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@the1 any tips? Do you prefer going a bit wider or closer when pushing incline?
@wannabemuscular I think I am just anti flat bc it akways gives me shoulder pain lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
ive always preferred a narrower grip on my chest presses, every time i go wide (way past shoulder width) i end up hurting myself..
Post 9 IP   flag post
@the1 like pinky near the O ring or even closer?
Post 10 IP   flag post
yup pinky on ring
Post 11 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure I can incline press 315. I did 2 years ago but haven't don't the lift in a while, mostly been doing DB for my incline press, which I do DB press more now then I did back then.

I'm with the1 in that my shoulder hurts when I do even moderately wide. I personally put my ring fingers on the bar ring for my width.
Another useful tip is if you can find an incline press that allows your feet to touch the floor I find that works best. My current gym (24) has all these incline benches where your feet go on these pegs.
Other then that just by making it your main chest lift you will see the most strength gains. Back when I did it incline barbell press was my first movement of the day, followed by incline DB press. All I did for a long time was incline presses so after a while you just get good at the movement and your CNS gets those pathways firing efficiently.

PS: bc of shoulder pain I would always stop about 1 inch short of touching my chest. I touch on flat but never have on incline.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@LVjack Interesting you hold up about 1 inch off chest. I personally love bringing the bar all the way down as I feel a nice stretch all across the upper chest area. Love that! I always pause it like that on the last rep and then explode it up.

All my bench pressing is with pinky just inside the ring.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular I'm gonna have to try the pinky in the ring since you and the1 both do it this way, honestly I've never tried.

I think stoping just short of touching is maybe mental for me. 10+ years ago back in college I injuries my shoulder doing barbell incline presses and so I grew a pussy and haven't touched my chest since. If I start doing the movement again I will just start light and readjust to going to the proper depth.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
NOT touching your chest is much more likely to increase injuries because of GHJ and rotator cuff stress. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
I can do it....but thats because im not a pussy....

jk, but really i think its easier to incline press. I just find that my shoulders and tris are shot by my third set.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@eknight good to know! If I had the lift back in I will be sure to start.
Post 17 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I also put my pinky on the ring. Incline bench has almost always been exclusively dumbbells so I don't know how that carried over to barbell.
Post 18 IP   flag post
clickable text

From a few weeks ago, ill get a vid with better quality and I know this lift was kind of grindy, but it went up more smooth this past time. With that being said do yall see anything I could change or should possibly make stronger. I noticed in the vid im having the most issue mid way through the lift and I still am, which would be due to weak tris? I cgbp quite a bit though and my tris are one of my best bodypart. So I am a bit confused and sorry for the paragraph lol
Post 19 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Do you normally lift heavy with cgbp? Even if your tris are big, they might not necessarily get as strong as your chest. Just a thought.

I know band or chain work can come in pretty handy when strengthening the close out.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@csizemore21 Dude the vid cut out before you locked out. Not sure if you completed the rep. haha

What kind of triceps work do you do?

Could try chains and/or reverse bands.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Beans generally I hit them with a 6-10 range, I'v been debating on chains for awhile and my workout partner is actually going to by some for us.
@wannabemuscular thats weird, but yeah I locked it out, once i broke that nid point it was easier, Ill get a better vid soon. I normally alternate incline cgbp, flat cgbp, and weighted dips. Basically ill do them all in the 6-10 range and rotate them in and out if anything stalls for 2 weeks in a row
Post 22 IP   flag post
I did change up my main movements to 8x3, may give those a try in that range
Post 23 IP   flag post
340620 23 23
destitute