Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessPush Pull LegsSplit AdviceStrength TrainingTraining Programs

My P/P/L Program (proposed)Comments please?16471

qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawsteel
1. Do you mean you're going to skip them completely because it takes to long doing them on leg day, or?
2. Correct.
4. I suggest you keep them and do them as 3x8. Here's an exmaple of how your push workout could look like.
But if you really like dips keep it as it is, personally i hate them, ruined my shoulders (and many others).

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5/8
Standing Barbell Overhead Press: 3x8
Cable flyes: 3x10
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x8
Pushdowns: 2x12

5. Sounds good.

1. Yea because of all the warm ups and rest time with deadlifts and squats on the same day I won't be able to do everything in one hours.
4. I like doing 3x8 with the OHP anyway so I think I will stick with that on this program too thanks!
I used to do dips as warm up drill before floor work in gymnastics so I hope to still be able to do them.

And just to get it clearer, if I choose a weight I can do 3x8 without failure, should I then use 85% of that for my 1st week in the program? Because if I start with 3x8max then I am scared that I will stall too soon? We have 0.25kg but not 0.125kg plates so the jump is pretty high from week 1 to week 2 and so on.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer93
Id drop deadlift from pull day. Add a hip extension/flexion movement into leg day, and also a calf exercise maybe? Then personally put another row into pull day

Thank you, so for hip extenion would you recommend box jumps and kettle bell swings to be suitable? This will double nicely as warm up so I can save time.
And I like ideas on 'other row'. Do you mean seated cable or like lying ring pullups?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
I ment a movement to hit the hamstrings and glutes, maybe bridges, hamstring bridges, good mornings etc and for the row maybe low cable row?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92

1. Yea because of all the warm ups and rest time with deadlifts and squats on the same day I won't be able to do everything in one hours.

Then you can do it like this if you want to deadlift ->

1. Pull (+DL)/Push/Legs, this way your legs/low back atleast gets 1 days rest between the leg and pull workout.

2. Put both RDL or normal DL's + leg curls on the pull workout and just work the front of your legs + calves on your leg day.

3. Do squats, rdl, lunges or some other unilateral exercise, leg curls and calves on leg day and move your ab training to your pull day, running it as in alternative 1 (pull/push/legs).

Personally i would have gone with 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdreams92
And just to get it clearer, if I choose a weight I can do 3x8 without failure, should I then use 85% of that for my 1st week in the program? Because if I start with 3x8max then I am scared that I will stall too soon? We have 0.25kg but not 0.125kg plates so the jump is pretty high from week 1 to week 2 and so on.

As said, i like to keep it simple and just use a weight that allows me to hit 5/8 reps in the first 2 sets and then increase it when i can do 5/8 or 6/9 in the third set (1 rep from fail).
What percentage it is i do not know.

0.25kg plates? Didn't even know that existed, though 0.5kg was the lowest.
Then the increase shouldn't be to high, and if it is, simply increase set by set.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
LMAO, OP is never going to work out because she will always be awaiting clarification on her program.

QT- you're grossly overthinking. Keep it simple. Do twice as much pull as push. Give you hams a bit more work than your quads (in other words, a little more hip extension and knee flexion with wieghts than knee extension), and have fun. Exercise choices don't really matter much. Go work out. -3X
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
LMAO, OP is never going to work out because she will always be awaiting clarification on her program.

Funny I have been working out. but my trainer is using simplified PPL (no deadlift no bench). Next month I want to restart but with the full program so the advice on here has been really helpful.

Well I am excited to start this! I'm going to vacation so I'll def be hitting the training hard when I come back. Between training, work, and my other sports I will pay a lot of attention to my diet and sleep. lol I wish I still had the same recovery power as my senior school years.
Post 31 IP   flag post
340740 31 6
destitute