Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

Buff dudes , 12 week training program?16448

LDeew private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone, I have been lifting for a two years but unfortunately not constantly, my routine was pretty standard. Now I am trying to do something else for a change, and yeah, I did full body as well.

I found this guys training program, is it any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dh03_BFyRg 1-3 week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn3goawUWSg 4-6 week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0vFTRzds9I 7-9 week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be5pHzBT9ng 9-12 week

P.S My chests are not as good as the rest of my body. My upper chests don't exist..

So I am going to try this program, is it any good? Or you have something else to recommend? Thanks in advance :-)

P.S.S I am 23 years old, 1,91 height and 89-90weight. I'm taking Optimum Gold Whey 1,5 scoop in PWM. And Assault Booster before I start my training.
Post 1 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Upper chest? Not even once bro. It's ok I use to think there was such thing. Doesn't matter what you take before a workout.

Read the faq. Programs are listed along with nutrition. Welcome amigo 🍩
Post 2 IP   flag post
Well, I'm still new into this world of bodybuilding..many myths are constantly being spread over the gym here, so It's hard to decide which are the right and which are the wrong. P.S What do you think about the training program I posted above? Considering that I have strong meals that consist meat/rice/vegetebles( I spelled this wrong ;D ) ..
Post 3 IP   flag post
Xxlean private msg quote post Address this user
A lot of people take preworkouts before they lift. Defininely not necessary by any means, but they can provide you with a little extra kick. Coffee works just fine too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @LDeew can you explain what that program is about, like what is the split and the exercises etc? I don't feel like watching half hour of videos just to find out lol.

Yea then compare that with the FAQ. There's some good ones in there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Xxlean,Iknow it isn't necessary but that little extra kick works great for me, it might be a placebo effect but nevertheless I like the effect.

QTDreams92, here it is..

http://www.buffdudes.net/2014/04/buff-dudes-12-week-plan.html

And will I benefit from it, here is my current shape, not the best picture but I don't have another at the moment. And poser at it finest. -,- xD
Post 6 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Program looks like shit
Post 7 IP   flag post
Care to elaborate?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Well the website looks cute lol.. It looks like a video game

But seriously, so many reps per set and the exercise selection isn't anything special. Have you looked at stronglifts or Lyle McDonald's Bulking Routine (a Upper/Lower) instead?

And I am thinking you can look so much better (hotter) if you did more back exercises looking at your photo. But thats just my opinion
Post 9 IP   flag post
They are entertaining :-P So this program isn't the best option if I want to bulk? But I'm still not quite sure whether I should bulk or not considering the summer is approaching us .

Where I can find those training programs?
Post 10 IP   flag post
If you are serious about training then bulk because you are lean in the picture. Go right to the FAQ and there are programs listed from beginner to intermediate etc.
Who cares if it's summer.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The main problem with me and bodybuilding is, I can't maintain to track down the intake of my calories.. I did that only for a month and after that I stopped lifting.. for some reason I really hate obligations..this way I am eating as much as I can, meats,rice,vegetables etc,etc..
Post 12 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
As _RudeCrew said, a shitty program for the vast majority of people.
To low frequency and way to high volume, a classic "brosplit" with other words.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Do what you want. If you bulk just try to stay in the lines of your macros you don't have to be on point with them if you don't want to. Just make sure to get your macros in because that is what gets you results.
Post 14 IP   flag post
If I wanted to do all by myself I wouldn't ask here for an advise.. so suggest me what program to follow to gain strength and mass gain? Just don't say german volume 10x10 for some reason I hate that program..:>
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmothyGen
If you are serious about training then bulk because you are lean in the picture. Go right to the FAQ and there are programs listed from beginner to intermediate etc.
Who cares if it's summer.

Repeated for emphasis @LDeew. Well I hope you can be discipline enough to follow a program for more than 1 month.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It's not only about me being undisciplined but I am overwhelmed with other obligations, job,studies, and some sensitive issues. I can't measure calories of every meal, but I know I'm eating maybe more than I need, I have 5 strong meals per day, with many calories in it. I'm lucky to be an owner of a butcher so having meat isn't a problem for me D But when it comes to training I am really lost. From what I ''learned'' program above has way to many repetitions and I'm not hitting certain muscle groups twice a week? What if I change a program a little bit. For instance, if I lower repetitions on core exercises? Deaflift instead of 20/18/15/12 I can do 10/8/6/4 with more weights?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDeew
so suggest me what program to follow to gain strength and mass gain? Just don't say german volume 10x10 for some reason I hate that program..:>

German volume training is shit as well, to low frequency, way to low intensity and to much volume.
Since you've been lifting for 2 years i would recommend an upper/lower program.
Johnny Candito has some solid upper/lower programs that you can download for free here.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'll give it a try.. Thanks. It seems like my beginning in this bodybuilding world were better than now. I started with full body program, and continued with upper/lower program..now I decided to train every muscle group separated. P.S I will upload later few pictures just to see where I am standing..and on what should I put focus.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
now I decided to train every muscle group separated.

There's really no need for that, 4, 5 and 6 "brosplits" with a shitload of volume is inferior to more frequent training but with a lower volume per session.
Why? Because the protein synthesis after a workout isn't elevated for long (24-38h) and because it doesn't require much to fully stimulate it, moderate volume (30–60 reps per session) appear to yield the largest responses in terms of muscle growth.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I downloaded the article you recommended, will read it now.

Here are two fresh pictures, sorry no legs, but they are nothing special yet not lacking very much.

So bulking? And as you can see my chest are lacking, ''upperchest'' .
Post 21 IP   flag post
Bulk yes. There is no upper chest.
Your chest is just not developed or have any size.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Actually there is. Like you have lower back, you have upper chest.
Post 23 IP   flag post
No there is no upper chest. Final.
Post 24 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user
@TimmothyGen yes there is. You just cannot emphasize training it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Actually there is. Like you have lower back, you have upper chest.

That's a negative Ghost Rider. Your upper back and lower back are made of several separate muscle groups (upper being mostly your lats, traps, rhomboids, and teres major, among others; the lower back mostly your spinal erector group). The chest is made of the pecs. That's it. Just the pecs.

LOL, three years later and we're still discussing this: http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/1881/page/1/bench-press-and-quotupper-pecsquot/

-3X
Post 26 IP   flag post
Strength / Power

Monday: Bench Press 3x6
Dumbbell Row 3X6
Militarry Press 1x6
Weighted Pull Ups 1x6
Incline Dumbell Fly 3x12
Lateral Raises 3x12

Tuesday Squats 3x6
DeadLift 2x6
Leg Extension 3x12
Calf Raises 3x12

Thursday Pause Squat 6x4
Pause Deadlifts 3x4
Leg Curl 3x12
Calf Raises 3x12

Friday Spoto Press 6x4
Pause Dumbbell Row 6x4
Militarry Press 1x10
Pull ups 1x10
Incline Dumbell Fly 3x12
Lateral Raises 3x12

Is this good?
Post 27 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I wouldn't personally run that. It's functionally imbalanced. Needs more pulling volume, more direct knee flexion exercises (hamstring curls), and leg extensions are knee wreckers. -3X
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
I wouldn't personally run that. It's functionally imbalanced. Needs more pulling volume, more direct knee flexion exercises (hamstring curls), and leg extensions are knee wreckers. -3X

So what would you recommend for direct quad exercise, is there a good ISO alternative to leg extensions? I thought if you did extensions slow and squeeze at the top they are safe.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@qtdreams92 unfortunately no matter how you do them in a machine, there is no co-activation of the hamstrings, which causes a ton of anterior tibial translation, stressing the ACL.

The best alternative is a standing terminal knee extension with a band, as shown below. I'll never understand, personally, why people want to do extensions of any kind unless prescribed by their physical therapists for rehab, since they're a functionally pretty useless movement. We operate in a lower extremity closed chain, not open.

-3X
Post 30 IP   flag post
340764 39 30
destitute