Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingMeal TimingTraining Programs

drinking a protein shake after morning worko16265

captainmag private msg quote post Address this user
Ive being drinking my protein shake after my empty stomach 30 min. Hiit training and then eat my solid meal ( breakfast). lately ive seeing some weight gains intead of reducing weight. My question is? What ive being doing cant help me reduce bodyfat?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
eat less or better
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
I personally like having a meal in my system even if I were to do HIIT. If you're gaining weight than that's a diet issue and you might be eating an excessive amount of calories.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Eat2Trainn247 private msg quote post Address this user
I would recommend having a complete protein prior to the workout, then follow the w/o w/ BCAA's and a meal 60-90 minutes later for OPTIMAL intake.

I would at least consume BCAA pre if possible
Post 4 IP   flag post
3six9 private msg quote post Address this user
@captainmag I would look at your diet first to see if that is the cause of you gaining weight.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Ive always found the whole eating less thing helps with my weightloss...
Post 6 IP   flag post
njcrockfordx private msg quote post Address this user
Cheat your diet see what's going on there first :-)
Fasted cardio I would recommend BCAA pre and during. Then consume your first meal straight afterwards :-)
If your prefer to eat eat prior have protein, no fats, little or no carbs. BCAA pre and during. Then consume second meal :-)
See if that helps, im not pro or anything just trying to help
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by njcrockfordx
Cheat your diet see what's going on there first :-)
Fasted cardio I would recommend BCAA pre and during. Then consume your first meal straight afterwards :-)
If your prefer to eat eat prior have protein, no fats, little or no carbs. BCAA pre and during. Then consume second meal :-)
See if that helps, im not pro or anything just trying to help

I do not believe there is any benefit from consuming a whole-protein source pre-training followed by BCAA both pre and intra-training if this first meal is consumed shortly prior to training (which I am assuming it is if you're training first thing in the a.m.)

Once MPS is maximally stimulated, it is on. Just like a light switch. Once its on, its on. Levels return near baseline within 120-150 minutes, however,at this point, [LEU] is still elevated--MPS decreases due to lack of cellular energy. Supplementing with BCAA/choosing a carb here will fulfill energy need to prolong MPS and an anabolic environment

Dr. Gabe Wilson and Dr. Layman have done extensive research in this area (clickable text)
Post 8 IP   flag post
He was suggesting to lose BF not gaining muscle.

'However, I would recommend having a complete protein prior to the workout, then follow the w/o w/ BCAA's and a meal 60-90 minutes later for OPTIMAL intake.

I would at least consume BCAA pre if possible.'

You pretty much just contradicted yourself. As I said nearly the same thing as you :-)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by njcrockfordx
f your prefer to eat eat prior have protein, no fats, little or no carbs. BCAA pre and during. Then consume second meal :-)

My interpretation was that you were recommending protein immediatelypre, BCAA immediately pre and BCAA intra- (which given a HIIT w/o would be shortly later) thus an overall waste of amino acids...so I responded accordingly. Simple misunderstanding of what you may have meant/suggested
Post 10 IP   flag post
It's fine no worries, im actually getting confused on here I meant for fasted cardio.
Post 11 IP   flag post
340770 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute