Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsInjury RecoveryTraining Programs

Elbow pain help please!!!16035

IamBack7 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys here is my story:

I had acl tear in soccer match and I rested 1 month (mostly lying on bed). After that I did 200 push ups and my elbows were sore after that. I had crazy pain in my funny bone medial part even when holding the mouse, opening doors etc. Rested 2 months still the same problem so I was tired and started workoing out again. The pain splitted even in forearm, other side of the elbow and I felt burning sensation even on my biceps! after biceps curls. The situation is better but not good!, elbows aren't normal can't do l sit or rely on my elbows wihtout pain yet.

Here is a picutre that shows something popping out of my elbow (the pain is in the other side in near the funny bone). I have same popping thing in both my elbows and I noticed this after 1 month of rest and doing the 200 push ups.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo77/cristianx1/Workout/20150101_204328.jpg

Please guys help me how to cure my elbows make them normal and workout again...
Post 1 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a tendonitis golfers elbow if its near funny bone.

Tendon injuries take very long to heal compared to muscle or bone injuries because of the lack of blood flow.

Mine isn't severe but it's not minor either. Once it gets past a certain point it takes a very very long time to heal.

I've been researching quite a bit about it and it seems rest ALONE wont improve a tendon injury as you need to get the blood moving around the area as best as possible.

For me I just do exercises that don't aggravate it. I am lucky that I can even do that BUT there are routines made by doctors / physicians meant to heal golfers elbow that you should look into and use WHILE resting from your normal routine if it is that severe.
Post 2 IP   flag post
IamBack7 private msg quote post Address this user
@jja0016 Thank you! I have started training for 2 weeks. It seems the training isn't making it worse or better. I think of continuing? I let enought rest between my workouts (1 or 2 days) and I am training with very light weights 5kg biceps, also about 120 push ups for the chest. I am worried for the fact that 3 months and still my elbows aren't normal...
Post 3 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
You're welcome. Personally I can't do ANY direct bicep work as it aggravates my tennis elbow too much. I also needed to change a lot of other exercises out. When I do reverse / supinated grip it doesn't hurt. Also, it only hurts when the arm is extended and gripping. Yours sounds like it's golfer elbow so it may be different.. I'm not sure though you should research and look into it more thoroughly.

Tendon injuries suck and are tricky. A lot of people with moderate tendon issues heal within 6-8 months but those with severe issues take years or never heal. There is always surgery as well. Like I said research it.

I've learned to live with my mild to moderate tennis elbow for 4 months now. Just make sure that whatever you do it's not getting worse because you don't it to go to the next level. If you feel any pain don't try to grind through it.. That's how mine got to the point it's at.. I thought it was just a muscle kink or something.
Post 4 IP   flag post
LVjack private msg quote post Address this user
Work it over with a lacross ball a few times a day for a couple weeks and see if that helps.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@IamBack7 as with your wrist, book a double appointment and see a doctor.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
The area you're describing intimated that the injury is likeky medial epicondylitis. Push-ups (or any movement that puts the wrist in flexion) are going to aggravate it because the tendon attachment to the medial epicondyle is being stretched. Ice it, NSAIDS, any form of cross-friction massage (lacrosse ball will work), and compression are good bets to help healing. An injury of this sort may take anywhere from 3-6 months to heal. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
golago private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight

does this injury called
golf elbow ?
as i know it is rare injury .
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Yes, golfers elbow. Not that rare. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
The area you're describing intimated that the injury is likeky medial epicondylitis. Push-ups (or any movement that puts the wrist in flexion) are going to aggravate it because the tendon attachment to the medial epicondyle is being stretched. Ice it, NSAIDS, any form of cross-friction massage (lacrosse ball will work), and compression are good bets to help healing. An injury of this sort may take anywhere from 3-6 months to heal. -3X

This should have read "puts the wrist in extension." Brain fart. Sorry. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
golago private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight

ty ,
meant to say more rare than tenis elbow .
Post 11 IP   flag post
340616 11 11
destitute