Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Contest PrepCuttingDiet AdviceProgress UpdateSplit AdviceTraining Log

Road to Mt Olympus a year long journey15868

ZeusAmmon private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings all, my Name is Daniel, and my partner’s name is Eva (aka the BOSS lol ), and we’d like to thank you for joining us on the road to Mt Olympus. This log shall be a great testimony for our long and arduous journey. Our current goal is simple, we will continue to learn as much as we can about human physiology, while striving for our genetic potential. We’re are looking forward to giving, and receiving advice, while motivating others to strive for greatness. We’ll be continuing this log for at least a year and comparing ourselves on 10 Jan 2016 to where we were when we began. Since we’ll be here awhile let’s just jump right in, I’ll fill in whatever needed info that’s missing if prompted. #roadtomtolympus

Let’s start off with the current stats:

Daniel
Age-25
Ht- 5’7 or 67 in
Weight- 161lbs(my water weight swings around very badly)
Bf% -Before the bloat I was estimated around 8-9 we’re always open to intelligent estimations
Exp- Wrestled in high school for 4 years. 8 yrs of weight training if you count to crap in highschool but it was only within the last 2 year that I gained the understanding I do now, so I still have a loooooooooong way to go lol but since I’m not peaking for around another decade, I’m in no rush ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Goal- To maximize muscle mass

Eva
Age-24
Ht-5’6 or 66in
Weight-126.2
Bf% Before bloat she was estimated at 15-16%
Exp-Ran track from middle school through college. 7 years of weight training, but just as me not very optimally. Within the last year she has been training properly.
Goal-To maximize muscle mass

We do not do the big 3 lifts…..Yea….I know, but we don’t at this time. Long story short due to spine problems(4 bulging, 1 herniated, degenerative disk disease, degeneration throughout lumbar with L4&5 being 100% degenerated and fully black on the MRI) from my time in the military, so I cut out many lifts. Some lifts I will be revisiting that I have held off when the calories go back up, now that I have a much better understanding of my body. But since our goal is maximizing our muscle mass I am not stuck in the mentality of needing any particular lift. We utilize lifts that allow us progressively overload safely, as that is our MAIN priority: progress.

After finishing this cut we will start a slow mass gaining phase, experimenting with rates of gain that allow us to minimize fat as we get stronger and build muscle. Still looking through many programs, and open to suggestion, so I can ensure we are doing what is best for us to progress.
Current lifting twice a week heavy full body Monday and Friday.

Mondays
Decline bb bench (Daniel 245 3x5) Flat bb bench (Eva 115 3x5)
Chest supported row(Daniel 185 3x5) Unsupported row (Eva 90 3x5)
Deep squat leg press machine which I’ll take a pic of. (Dan 590 3x5) (Eva 410 3x5)

Friday
Incline db bench (Daniel 110s 3x5) (Eva 50s 3x5)
Weighted pull ups (Daniel 90lbs 3x5) (Eva 25lbs 3x5)
Deep squat leg press (Dan 590 3x5) (Eva 410 3x5)

Currently ending a cycle of RFL and will begin reverse dieting to avoid getting bloated.
I track calories and macros but I don’t record macros just merely ensure that I’m getting the ratio I need eg. Not going over xx amount of fat on a carbload and such. So as I track calories daily for now the majority is coming from protein and the rest is tagalongs. I will be tracking carbs as I reintroduce them as to keep down the bloat, and noting how we respond to what we eat.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beginning of cut info: Started 3 Feb 14 I took my time as I was in no rush and this was merely to learn about my body properly instead of continuing to follow the foolishness being pumped out by the fitness industry. My ultimate goal this year was to conquer my psychology, as I knew my physiology would follow.
Height: 67inches
Weight: ~196lbs
Front
https://www.dropbox.com/s/khto8q7ou4k3vt5/20140104_223729.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5vc37ogowfgcy9/20140204_152518.jpg?dl=0
Side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ewuifga1ixirh0/20140204_152804.jpg?dl=0
Back
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3x4d7qkcj4sehd/20140104_223755.jpg?dl=0

Yes I got FAT FAT lol but it was merely a bit of experimentation as was this years cut. I, like many on this site have all of Lyle's books and am constantly reviewing the articles on the main site and forum. I decided that I have no love for what "bodybuilding" has become and wanted out. It was then that I realized with the ludicrous amount of money spent on supplements over the years buying information from a source I trust is a no-brainer.

Current Info: This is coming off of a 2 week diet break(Not from RFL that was done in June)

Height: 67inches
Weight: 151lbs

Relaxed:
Front
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqv64dgrwq6smt5/20141108_110508.jpg?dl=0
Back
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkfw7iy75z7gyf8/20141108_110611.jpg?dl=0
Side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4b9tkruh77q40xj/20141108_110534.jpg?dl=0

Flexed:
Front
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r3ia6nm6uq1mb3/20141108_112402.jpg?dl=0
Back
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z381ezv39i1ewy8/20141108_102312.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d0mz6a5dq8i60g/20141108_102420.jpg?dl=0
Side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4b9tkruh77q40xj/20141108_110534.jpg?dl=0

These are from before this current Diet break (All flexing)
Front
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuviz4wa078t7tg/20141011_174556.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv3vjatzgch04pr/20141017_103206.jpg?dl=0
Side
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6krplnng6sxqygh/20141005_162701.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1oa02jezl4nx1w/20141011_174548.jpg?dl=0
Back
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg9mfwypmpau6mw/20141011_115734.jpg?dl=0

I greatly appreciate the time you guys put in to helping others reach their goals, I will be returning the same positive energy to the universe soon

^^^^^^^^
This was 11/08/14
Post 2 IP   flag post
Post RFL Dan
150lbs
21 Nov

Post 3 IP   flag post
Post RFL Eva
126lbs
21 Nov 14

Post 4 IP   flag post
This is where we are currently at with all this oh so amazing water retention ^_^

Post 5 IP   flag post
Day 7 of RFL
Eva was a good bit foggier today than yesterday. I took EC(25/220) twice today, I'm not feeling a who lot from it so I added tyrosine in to see if it would enhance it, but to no avail. I decided that I'll skip the EC preworkout as I'm not willing to risk a wonky workout, even though I am quite sure it would be beneficial. But if not the EC I'm fearful of the coffee :p lol. I'll take EC when I'm done lifting, then again before heading out for school. Looking forward to lifting tomorrow and this final week off RFL!

Dan
weight-160.4
cals-740

Eva
weight-126.4
cals-620
Post 6 IP   flag post
Amunet private msg quote post Address this user
Yes this journey has been interesting. But I have been seeing progress so i'm happy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Day 8 RFL
Shifted today's gym session to tomorrow, still looking forward to it lol. No fog for either of us today. Feeling much leaner, and able to grab the squishy water, so that means I'm about to hopefully drop this water lol. Started back school so looking forward to being on a stricter schedule.

Dan
weight-159(Woot wooot finally broke 160 again!)
Cals-820

Eva
weight-127.2(She took the pound I lost lol)
cals-650
Post 8 IP   flag post
Awesome day!!!! For one of us atleast lol. Eva hit 124 today and I'm back over 160 smh I guess that little joke I made yesterday is going to bite me in the butt lol. Back was in a good bit of pain today because of having to sit in class for a long time. I'm hoping that as we start upping our cals my back and joints shall feel better. Workout today was good, but we both started to feel funky towards the end. When I got home I could not hold the water I drank in the gym down, but after I threw up I felt a bit better. Tomorrow we'll be waking up early and taking EC in the morning then going for a walk. We are too ready to see how we look after slowly adding back in carbs.

Dan
weight-161
cals-860

Eva
weight-124.6
cals-640
Post 9 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
hello kitty boxers ftw! never seen a dude wearing hello kitty, except like one asian guy. that's dope.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@oceanair
Lol I greatly appreciate that ^_^ I'm a pretty big HK fan, most assume that our HK merchandise is due to the wife, but that's just not the case lmao ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Post 11 IP   flag post
hollyhopeful5678 private msg quote post Address this user
@oceanair You know, I didn't even notice that until I read your post - I had to scroll back up! Here's to paying attention!

@ZeusAmmon I hope you and the Mrs. survive long enough to stick around. I would seriously be dead on that few calories. Maybe not from starvation, but from suicide. Good luck!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@ZeusAmmon Just skimmed through here quickly, might have missed something, but are you seriously eating <1000 cals a day?
Post 13 IP   flag post
@hollyhopeful5678
Lol thank you, we've done RFL before and it became MUCH easier after we realized it was carbs that made us hungry. I'm full and struggling to finish my food at times to be honest but throw carbs in an I'll look up realizing that I've vacuumed away 3k cals lol.

@Beans
That is correct my man. Last time I was avg around 960cals this time around 850 cals. Eva is the opposite lol last time she was avg 600ish now she's avg 700ish.
Post 14 IP   flag post
csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think there would ever be a good reason to eat just 850 cal...
Post 15 IP   flag post
@csizemore21
Lol I used to believe the same, but I'm only 5'7 and 155 lbs(My true weight estimation), so my protein requirements are not tremendously high. The 850 cals are coming from lean protein sources (Chicken or tuna) and incidentals(The modicum of fat attached to chicken breast or carbs from sauces). But the biggest kicker is that this is only for 11-12 days, after which we will refeed for a couple of days and the add back in cals and carbs over the following weeks. It's a good fit for me and Eva to reach our goals.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Pretty good and high energy day today. We took EC after waking up then went for a walk. Going to make Friday a hypertrophy lifting day since we are upping the cals and to give our joints a break. Looking to wake up early again tomorrow and do the same as today.

Dan
weight-161
cals- 1050

Eva
weight-128
cals-760

Post 17 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
From reading your posts and what not it seems you understand what and why people diet the way they do. But you dont practice what you preach. Im sure you will get leaner eating so few calories, but that isnt optimal for anything. Why not just do a long term cut 6-8 weeks and then just eat slightly over maintenance.

Like you said, you have time to get this right, you arent peaking for another 10 years. So why such a drastic cutting approach?
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Effective ≠ optimal, or in this case, safe. -3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
How many cals do you eat when you gain weight? I just ran a quick calc and maintenance for a 100lb, 5', sedentary women is about 1500 cals. Not attacking, just really curious as to how you ended up going that low in cals.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX
RFL is merely a means to an end, a tool that I wanted to ensure
I mastered in case I want to drop a decent amount of weight in a time crunch. Last year I was experimenting with different cutting approaches to see how they feel and how I react to them. RFL is essentially a safer way to crash diet although it is explicitly written that most should find a more optimal way. Without a good relationship with food it can cause more damage than help when people lose control coming off of the diet. But to sum it up I'm done cutting so I'm using RFL to remove the maximum amount of fat in the current situation.

@eknight
I concur, but a good bit of work was put into the RFL handbook, and although in many cases other ways are more optimal, this approach I feel is optimal in ending out cutting excursion safely with the maximal amount of fat coming off.

Any guidance would be appreciated, as I'm definitely looking forward to what I can improve with our programming after stabilizing our weight.

@Beans
I have no reason to feel like I'm being attacked. I am taking the advice of others into consideration to build better processes, hence why we are here ^_^. This is the first time we have ventured so low while cutting(Her first cut my second) and we are going to reverse diet out of it. I do not know the amount I will be bulking on yet. I will find my maintenance then slowly increase from there. I want to try my hand at lean gaining. I ended up that low in cals from equations out of the RFL handbook written by Lyle for protein requirements. But to be completely honest I could have eaten more protein I just didn't want to. I changed my eating period to ensure I am not distracted with hunger at school(I'm distracted enough with back pain lol), but since it's mostly protein I'm eating I get full pretty quick.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Also I'd like clarify what I meant by I know I'm not peaking for another decade or so. Since I feel that I have wasted quite a bit of time with training that wasn't optimal(Crap volume, crap periodization, just crap lol), I decided that I will reset and find out what works for me. Last year I scheduled many breaks off of cutting so I wouldn't run myself into the ground. The biggest thing I wanted to learn was that I can get to low bodyfat (7-8) with my libido. Now that I know that losing fat is nothing to complicate, especially since I am not going to very low levels(under 7). I am looking forward in figuring out more about training. This next "bulk" will be the first time that I'm tracking my calories to grow. Ideally I would like to grow at a rate of 1lb per 2 weeks. I'm been training for awhile......like a bro lol. Therefore I still have a tremendous amount to learn and grow ^_^
Post 22 IP   flag post
Never heard of RFL, I'll have to read up on it. Obviously it's not what most people on here would advise, and I'd be interested to see how you come out of it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Day 11
This was the last day of RFL and it was a VERY eventful day to say the least lol. It's crazy how busy you could get that you have to remind yourself to eat. But alas we are slowly but surely heading in the direction of our current destination in life.

Dan
weight-160
cals-920

Eva
weight-127
cals-710

Will update with pics after workout and some carbs ^_^
Post 24 IP   flag post
you guys both have nice abs. i really want some hello kitty panties now lmao, srs. do you like any of the other sanrio characters, or just hello kitty?
Post 25 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I can understand why you would want to "learn to lose weight".

Just to see if you can. Makes perfect sense. Gonna stick around in here and see whats up. Goodluck to both of you with whatever direction you head in next.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@oceanair
Thank you lol ^_^, Hello Kitty is my favorite, but I am slightly partial to Dear Daniel lol.

@SOLARSUPLEX
Greatly appreciate it my man!

Friday
Workout went well, we kept the rep range at 8-12 for all body parts. Decided to up cals for refeed since we will be stabilizing over the next few weeks.

Dan
weight-161
cals-3230

Eva
weight-125
cals-2360

Saturday
Woke up feeling and looking a bit leaner, I wish I had taken pics but alas pics are never taken when they are needed most lol/smh. I know that I will be leaner and fuller next Friday so I'm not too worried about it.

Daniel
weight-165
cals-2800

Eva
Weight-128
cals-2100

Sunday morning
This is where all the fun begins for good ol Dan lol.
I woke up at 173lbs this morning and Eva 131.8. The Bloat was expected, but now begins the phase that will let me lean bulk. I'm should be leaning out quite nicely over the next 6 days and possibly ending up at or around 155lb by Friday. I'm hoping to see Eva maintain 125lb by the end of it all.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Amunet private msg quote post Address this user
This was taken pre workout/carbs. Weighed in at 125.0 here. Happy with the progress so far.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@ZeusAmmon I never heard of Dear Daniel. I had to google him! lol so cute. I like a lot of the Sanrio characters though like Keroppi, Pochacco, Deery Lou, and Batdz-Maru. They're all so adorable
Post 29 IP   flag post
@oceanair
I concur, the are ^_^ I liked hello kitty well before I lived in Japan for a few years. But the rest of the crazy characters that I came to like were introduced to me there lol.

Sunday we weighed in pretty heavy again but over the next month we will be transitioning from cutting to mass gaining. Gonna post up pics for Sun, Wed, and Friday for comparison of how I will (hopefully) lean out. It is pretty annoying to be lugging around all of this water but after this next month I shouldn't be having too much water retention issues(swinging more than 20lbs).

Current plan is to hit full body twice a week until the 8th of Feb. From the 8th to the 14th we will be taking a full week off to let our bodies rest. From the 15th to the 28th we will be familiarizing ourselves with the exercises we picked for our 2 upper and 2 lower days. Then shall begin the fun of finding the appropriate rate of gain for ourselves to ensure we are not hindering our muscle and strength building, or adding a ton of unnecessary fat.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340738 168 30
destitute