Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Cut or BulkCuttingDiet AdviceNewbieSplit Advice

PLEASE READ..NEED SERIOUS HELP15661

Osurocks32 private msg quote post Address this user
My name is TSgt John Thomas and I am coming to you open and honest looking for help. I have been working out and eating better for over a year now. I did great in the begining going from 242 lbs to 193 lbs and became addicted to fitness. My weight loss stopped about 5 months ago and I cannot figure out why. I have tried differnet types of training, I even completed my first 10K and completed the Spartan race while stationed here in Korea. I am up every morning at 330am and push myself. So while my fitness improved my weight would not drop, i started to feel like the most dedicated failure I know. I started taking testosterone pills due to me being 35 years old and thinking with a low T level it could be hormones. I tried a thermogenic, I tried IF (intermittent fasting), all that good stuff. The reason I say my diet could improve slighty is I am currently staioned i Korea and I am limited to what is prepared for me at the chow hall, its not like I can run out to the grocery store and make all my own foods. So while I eat well, it is all prepared meals and whatnot. I am going back to my wife in 7 weeks and I have been killing myself to get back to her lean and healthy. I need trainign plans that have worked, what worked for you as far as eating goes. Anything you can think of that I might not have tried, I will try. So I need a 7 week or longer plan that you feel would get the job done, I am all about intensity and am willing to do whatever to realize my goals. I just feel like whatever i learn and apply is the wrong thing. Thank you in advance for your help.

TSgt John Thomas
Post 1 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Wanted to check in quickly and give you props for the 50 lb. drop. Congrats on that.

What are your calories at right now? You probably need to get back to maintenance or even a surplus.
Post 2 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/

^ read

Also if you think your hormones are low why not go to a doctor to find out that information and see what can be done? I know a guy I think he is over 40 years old. He lost over 100lbs and then out of no where his strength went to compete shit and felt like
Shit. Got checked. Turned out his test levels were low as shit. Got
On HRT and changed his life and can keep making progress now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the quick responses. I try to keep my calories at 1950 a day. That is based on a BMR of 2350. I did get checked by a doctor for low T, it was low but it is what they conider low normal so they will not issue a medication for it. Thanks again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osurocks32
Thanks for the quick responses. I try to keep my calories at 1950 a day. That is based on a BMR of 2350. I did get checked by a doctor for low T, it was low but it is what they conider low normal so they will not issue a medication for it. Thanks again.

Check out the FAQ brotha. Lots of good stuff there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@Osurocks32 May well be that your calories are too low. Under 2000 calories @193 with the amount of training you are doing is super low. With your intense training I would expect you to lose weight on 2800 cals a day. You may have slowed down your metabolism too much by dropping to such low calories. What you would need to do is increase your cals slowly while maintaining your current bodyweight. Once you get up to over 2800cals at your current weight which would then be your new maintenance level (with improved metabolism, you can then drop the calories a bit to start cutting again. You clearly dropped calories too fast, and now eating way to low and as a result your metabolism has slowed too much. Fix your metabolism first, then continue to lose more weight! Great job on the initial weight loss though. And having T levels in the normal (low) range is fine - don't waste your time with test pills, they will not have enough impact on your T levels to make any difference at all.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
I've come to inform you that OSU in fact does not rock
Post 7 IP   flag post
LOL, Check that top 4 Kansas, where you at.
Post 8 IP   flag post
eddyserb private msg quote post Address this user
Surplus cals are a a joke!!!! you're a joke just get in and fucking train train like someone is holding a gun to your head eat like a lion and sleep like a baby
Post 9 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@eddyserb did u even read his post u moron? He is not bulking. Your advice is on par with that given at bb.com
Post 10 IP   flag post
simply_michael private msg quote post Address this user
OSU ..that is all OH fukcing IO ..
Post 11 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas___Boyyyyy

I'm an unhappy Michigan man.

Welcome to the forum.
Post 12 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Quote:

Welcome to the forum.

I am an even unhappier Wisconsin Man. I will be having nightmares for a while.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Quote:

Welcome to the forum.

I am an even unhappier Wisconsin Man. I will be having nightmares for a while.

In WI we only get 1-2 months of summer weather before everyone's just like:

Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
@eddyserb did u even read his post u moron? He is not bulking. Your advice is on par with that given at bb.com

Thank you. I think old eddyserb needs to ease back on the supplements, lol.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
just so youre aware im from gulf shores alabama
Post 16 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
My Huskers are not looking good. Props on the weightloss though.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beastmode1607 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello TSgt, try using different macros, where's your calories at? Maybe you went so low In a deficit you now have metabolic damage. If you do then it'll take some time to bring that up
Post 18 IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
"I am up every morning at 330am and push myself"
I bet you're not in bed every night by 7:30pm.
Get some rest Osu.
Weight loss and strength gains will stall without sufficient rest too. I'm not saying that it is your culprit, but hit the hay man.
Post 19 IP   flag post
all talk no work your bodies are a reflexion of it #doyouevenlift
Post 20 IP   flag post
If you ask for help and have google at your disposal your a joke
Post 21 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyserb

You're **
Post 22 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
all talk no work your bodies are a reflexion of it #doyouevenlift

Perhaps you should use google and learn how to English correctly.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
#doyouevenspeakcorrectly
Post 24 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:

You're **

Wait. Which "your" are you correcting?
Post 25 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
eddie you're small, step out from the good lighting and filters and when youre in your medium tshirt.. thats when id ask if u even lift bro.
Post 26 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
eddie you're small, step out from the good lighting and filters and when youre in your medium tshirt.. thats when id ask if u even lift bro.

HAHAHA
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
@Osurocks32 May well be that your calories are too low. Under 2000 calories @193 with the amount of training you are doing is super low.

Lol if @Osurocks32 is still looking through all this crap, this is a really good point. I'm assuming you didn't calculate your required calories using your activity level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1

Not going to lie, I laughed.
Post 28 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If everyone followed this, there wouldn't be forums like Simply Shredded around. There are members 2x the size and 1/2 the ego of yours. You have no physique to speak of. All you have is good lighting.

You would do well to learn a little humility or just go back to bb.com.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Hey all, I am still following. So about the calories I started at 2520, my RMR plus a multiple of 1.0, than deducted 600 to get to 2050. I used the formula on the FAQ page. Taking the eating portion out of it, what do you guys think is the best lifting approach/routine for fat loss, upper/lower/leg split or doign a body part each day. It's not that I dont go hard, I do, But there is just so much information out there it's a bit mind boggling. Any routines that helped you or just a good solid approach to fat loss I haven't maybe considered would be great. Thank you to all of you who have left constructive (and defending) posts. I do appreciate your help.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340755 31 30
destitute