Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Just a rant some thoughts. I was in my history class and these 2 skinny kids were on about how muscular they are and how easy t is they gained in 2 weeks and that they train some kids for money. Talking about doing different exercises what got them "big" they know nothing about diet. Now I'm not saying im a genius im still a beginner but I know the basics of building muscle. You know all these groups Like LoA and these you tubers are promoting IiFYM and proper diet but the outside world is clueless. They are only benefiting the people who know about the fitness industry. Basically there only speaking to people who already know. We have stupid bro trainers in gyms taking people's money. Scam artists. Now here's another question. Is this what makes bodybuilding or these expos popular? If we got rid of these scam artists would the sport and community be much more smaller?
/rant over
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
No

We are open minded. We chose to learn the correct way to do things.

They are ignorant and will not open their minds to other bagels.

If somebody asked me to explain nutrition to them, I would do the best I could. But nobody ever asks me that. They just say they had 300g protein and they gonna be swoll we faurk
Post 2 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Just a thought I had. Makes me sick that people who are helpless spend good amount of cash on a trainer who won't get them the results. Not saying all trainers are bad. And they make money off it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Method private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't lump trainers in with scam artists and 2 skinny kids from history class. Sure there are some trainers that have less knowledge or "bro" knowledge but a lot of professional bodybuilders believe in bro science. A bro split with bro diet will yield results. I'd use your knowledge to train smarter and show them what big really is..no better way to lead than by example.
And to answer your question, yes we are all selfish.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmothyGen
Now here's another question. Is this what makes bodybuilding or these expos popular? If we got rid of these scam artists would the sport and community be much more smaller?

Extremely large strong people make bodybuilding expos popular. Think of how popular freak shows and circus' were back when there wasn't as much entertainment (even now at fairs).

People want the most simple cookie cutter method possible to achieve an ideal body. They think that since bodybuilders under or qualified individuals WITH that said body or some bogus license obtained in a 1/2 hour some weekend makes them a reliable source for information on health and fitness.

I'm guessing a big percentage of us (myself included) adhered to multitudes of popular praised routines and diets that just didn't work. The difference between us and the regulars is the fact that we continuously CARE about our results while we strive for an optimal way to achieve goals - easy and cookie cutter or not.

Just try and imagine how mind boggling and confusing iifym is to the brain washed masses - They are JUST getting into it and aren't committed to their goals because they only want the easy way out rather than the optimal.
Post 5 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
Bro science is for the people who are not passionate enough to do research on something they love. They want to look good and lift weights so they ask the nearest person with muscles what to do. It is easier for them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tamere02 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslo
Bro science is for the people who are not passionate enough to do research on something they love. They want to look good and lift weights so they ask the nearest person with muscles what to do. It is easier for them.

Wouldn't totally agree with this. I agree asking and following advice from someone just because of the physique is ridiculous. But at the end of the day if a qualified individual such a trainer gives you advice your 100% justified in believing that's right.

We don't second guess doctors on medical advice
We don't question maths teachers when they say 2+2=4
So why should people not trust qualified trainers?
Post 7 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions I sheep.

Let people judge what they think they know and project their own issues and insecurities. Nothing wrong with pursuing your happiness.
Post 8 IP   flag post
swollenscott private msg quote post Address this user
Of*
Thumbs too muscular and are pressing all the wrong keys on the damn iPhone haha
Post 9 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@TimmothyGen. No, we actually want to share the knowledge on proper nutrition. Is just that the world dont want to listen to you. People follow someone who looks like they know what they are doing than the people who actually know stuff.
Post 10 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
The only people who are selfish are the people who made me wait over an hour to meet my boyfriend, Steve Cook at the Optimum Nutrition booth at Olympia. Now that's selfish! I should have waited no more than 5 minutes since technically we are lovers. In fact, I should've been working the booth with my man. :p
Post 11 IP   flag post
340617 11 11
destitute