Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

531 and Olympic lifting?15512

Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
I do one oly session a week for an hour on a Wednesday and as it's only learning technique etc the loads are extremely low. I still ache and feel like I've worked out properly how ever I wouldn't be sore or tight with DOMS the day after.

So question is for more experience power/strength lifters, could you run a 4 day 531 and the session of Olympic lifting?

Example:
Monday - 531 squat
Tuesday - 531 bench
Wednesday - Olympic lifting
Thursday - OFF
Friday - 531 deadlift
Saturday - 531 pull
Sunday - off
Post 1 IP   flag post
Perfidy private msg quote post Address this user
Most Oly coaches focus on the snatch when working on technique as it carries over well to your clean. If all you're really doing is some light snatch / clean work, you'll be fine.

However, if you start doing heavier pressing / squatting on that day, it's most likely going to affect results.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Wendler wrote a variation that includes the Clean/Snatch.

The variation is called Full Body Power Clean. It is a three day variation. I would read about that first.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dem41 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
Wendler wrote a variation that includes the Clean/Snatch.

The variation is called Full Body Power Clean. It is a three day variation. I would read about that first.

agree with@GrizzlyBerg , there are templates in 5/3/1 second edition and also in 5/3/1 beyond book. in the 2nd edition he recommends doing them first before your squat/deadlift.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cheers guys, will have a look!
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamer93 Why the hell not mate.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Boom. Gonna do a bit of research on routine structure and throw a rough one up to get everyone's input
Post 7 IP   flag post
340762 7 7
destitute