Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCrossFitNatural BodybuildingSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Combining CrossFit and Bodybuilding.15491

Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal
@Trev182 Oh, and by meat heads I meant in comparison to oly lifters in terms of the ammount of stuff they need to think about when regarding a lift. In comparison to cross fitters we're still rocket scientists.

I know man, just never thought about oly lifting in that manor before.
Post 26 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user

Every goes to hell from 1:26 when this coach teaches all to dip in "correct" form.
Post 27 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
not a single row was done to counter the pressing. have fun with this shite bud
Post 28 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Wtf. Those dips were fancy. Obviously not correct. But if those chicks with tiny arms could do 3 it must help them out.

There is nothing wrong with high intensity workouts/ small rest times.

As long as you can handle it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
tuco private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal
Not going to get myself involved in the usual crap slinging these threads attract but I will say this.

I train at a facility that is used by elite olympic lifters. There are people who train that have represented Team GB at the Olympics and England at the Commonwealth games. When doing snatches/ cleans/ jerks ect, these guys take huge rests between sets. I've spoken to them about how you train as an oly lifter and their answers are normally fascinating.

Oly lifting is by far the most complex activity you can do in the weight room. A lot of people on this forum do powerlifting programmes but lets be honest, we're just strong meat heads. Yes, there is technique in a squat/ deadlift/ bench but compared to oly lifting, it's nothing. You cannot throw over 100 kg behind your neck on strength alone. It's about speed, correct movement pattern, timing. There's so much to think about. That's what makes it so addictive for these guys. Pulling of a good lift is incredibly satisfying both physically and mentally. That's why they do clean, after clean, after clean. Seriously, in the two hours they train they do about 30 cleans, some mobility work before that and then usually finish with something like front squats.

Now, my point. If international level athletes only do a movement 30 times in 2 hours given the complexity in performing the lift correctly and avoiding injury, why the fuck would I try to do as many of those movements as possible in 30 minutes? Are you telling me I have the physical and mental capacity to do something elite level athletes strive to do in a 2 hour window in a 30 minute window? Would I not surely lose site of the purpose of these movements, which sure as hell aren't for hypertrophy reasons?

Simple, cause they do it with way less weight, they do max reps snatches with 100lbs or so when their maxes are 220lbs.

Don't get me wrong, i also think CF is shit, but what u're saying is like saying "why would i bench 4 sets (with just 1 minute rest) of 10 reps for a total of 40 reps when the strongest guys bench 1-3 reps and rest 5+ minutes, who am i superman???"
Post 30 IP   flag post

TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Damn dark light a barbell to the head LOL
Post 31 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
@tuco So your telling me that even if I'm just using the 20 kg barbell, no weight loaded, that it's impossible to dislocate my shoulders? These are highly complex lifts, it isn't about weight, it's about movement patterns. Which it just so happens crossfit does not correctly teach. You can be using as light a weight as possible but if you do a movement incorrectly over and over again, you're going to get injured eventually.

This is basic physiology. If walk with an imbalance, eventually I'm going to develop a muscular imbalance as a result.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like this thread would have been a lot shorter if OP had just used the phrase olympic lifts instead of crossfit.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
That's not what we're saying at all
Post 34 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@TheStrongest you really have no clue about physiology, muscle anatomy, and functional movement do you? That routine is both acutely and chronically injury-inducing. -3X
Post 35 IP   flag post
tuco private msg quote post Address this user
was going to ask for specifics from our man EK just to learn more from him (i now know that pull:push should be 2:1). But after just one read i immediately realized this routine makes no sense at all.
Post 36 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't read anything, but I know a guy who does Crossfit a few days a week, plus lifting at a regular gym. So yes, you can do both.
Post 37 IP   flag post
DrewFL730 private msg quote post Address this user
I like combining the two sometimes, they're pros and cons for each but I prefer bodybuilding because the injury rate is not as high lol
Post 38 IP   flag post
340740 38 13
destitute