Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Injury RecoveryLegsSplit Advice

Hamstring exercises for injury prone15484

Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
I've decided to get rid of the machines from my leg day as my hamstring is incredibly injury prone and it's not functional to do knee extension and flexion machines.

I've switched my lower body day to:

Back squats
Front squats
Box jumps
Sumo deads
Glute ham raises
*lunges*??
Calf hypertrophy work

Lunges are a maybe not sure if it's just more unneeded quad dominant exercises but I feel as though I need another exercise to level the work load up, what does everyone think?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I think you're still quad dominant, even without the lunges. I'd consider doubling up the volume on your GHRs. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Are SLDL or RDL acceptable to work around your injuries?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yeah I know it's over dominant that's why I was considering them and wanted more ham work. What about the raises where your ankles and locked and you drop forward?

SLDL and Romanians cause a lot of aggro
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
You're talking about the slow (like 10 second) eccentric lowering of a GHR right? Those are great- we use them in the last stages of hamstring tear rehab. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamer93 Anyone else get the irony of @Hamer having a bad Hamer ??

Dude honestly for me.. putting more load through complex exercises works the hamstring more. If i wanted to build it up and isolate somewhat i'd be doing AND DO use seateds ham curls.... literally nothing targets them better and start at a light weight.

Alot of those other exercises are kinda AVOIDING the problematic area why do that when their clearly a weak point for u.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I tried some real light ham curls today but I just cramp up and just feel like there gunna ping! Also studying S&C hamstring curls are basically banned
Post 7 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamer93 Maybe RDL's so.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer93
Also studying S&C hamstring curls are basically banned

What does this mean? -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frowned upon by all the strength and conditioning lecturers and coaches I've spoke to
Post 10 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer93
Frowned upon by all the strength and conditioning lecturers and coaches I've spoke to

Any reasons given?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not sure, not very functional I guess? Although that's only for sports and oly lifting
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Just started doing seated ham curls for the first time, I absolutely love them. I'm assuming they aren't touted by those coaches because they're mostly a "bodybuilding" exercise?
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Those coaches are not consistent with what the current accepted practice is among medical rehab protocol, for both injury recovery, general deconditioning, or strength protocols. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
340767 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute