Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Progress UpdateSplit Advice

age and muscle gain :)15016

golagola private msg quote post Address this user
everything fine nutrition ,muscle gain , squat deadlift rom
i just get very Curious about what age does human start getting less muscle and strengh than before ?
i am 23 years old now and want to know how long time do i have Advantage for getting muscle/strengh .

thank!
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
On average, we lose about 1% of our muscle mass per year starting around age 30. It continues at this rate until age 60 or so. Strength gains are a bit different and based on training time. Some guys in their 40s are still putting up crazy power numbers. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight When you say "lose about 1% of our muscle mass per year", does that mean for someone who doesn't go out of their way to increase muscle mass by training and eating in a surplus? Does it just get a little harder to put on size until you reach a point when it's impossible? I can't imagine an strength athlete losing size in their 30's. (I'm sure it varies from person to person)
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Both, to a degree. Remember- the hormones responsible for protein synthesis begin declining as we age, so some loss is inevitable. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
@eknight thank eknight great answer . Does this mean that if i will not get my genetic max (muscle/strengh) untill this age (30) i will never be able to get it never ? I want to cry. I had to start earlier
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
No. It just means you'll have to work smarter to do it. Stop thinking about it so much. You have 7 years before then.

Would like to point out that even with the enhanced guys, the average age of Mr. Olympia is only 34. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
@eknight. Ohhh ok it feel better now. Thank
Post 7 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@golagola Pursue what you want with passion and consistency. Don't worry about the little things you can't control. I'm older and I enjoy training now more than ever. I'm still making gains and don't feel like I'm losing anything.

Just work dude. That's all. You put too much energy into worrying about crap like this.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
@golagola Pursue what you want with passion and consistency. Don't worry about the little things you can't control. I'm older and I enjoy training now more than ever. I'm still making gains and don't feel like I'm losing anything.

Just work dude. That's all. You put too much energy into worrying about crap like this.

1 billion % this. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular. Sorry that i ask but are u natty ?
Post 10 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular

1 billion % this. -3X

Yep - add another 1 billion % this
Post 11 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@golagola For now! Hahaha. One day maybe. When I hit a wall or something. I seemed to have found my sweet spot with training and eating lately though. I'm feeling like a tank.
Post 12 IP   flag post
340616 12 12
destitute