Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingContest PrepProgress UpdateTraining LogTraining Programs

PR train a comin!14293

Rgall92 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
I understand that point, but as a natural athlete, doing more on one day isn't going to elicit better growth. Doing an extra day with 48-72 hours between sessions is far superior.

Protein synthesis is the limiting factor for growth. Once you've reached maximum MPS, you can't force more by doing more reps. It just isn't possible for naturals. The way around that is to do a reasonable amount of volume, wait 48-72 hours for protein synthesis to return to baseline levels, and do a reasonable amount of volume again. All other things being equal, you'd get better results doing 200 reps spread out M-W-Sa than all on Monday. -3X

I completley agree with you, however as part of my current programme the way it falls is I have one heavy low volume day and one lighter higher volume day (I'm sure you understand the principles behind the programme anyway)

Including directly/indirectly triceps are getting hit 3x per week and biceps 2x per week. IMO this is more than enough frequency and volume to make them bitches grow I will however bare that in mind and over the next couple of training cycles see if its worth adding in some extra arm work on a different day! Cheers mate
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_929
@Rgall92 I'm from Halesowen chap

haha like 15 mins away, what gym do you train at?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwork_08
In for this.. Working with Alberto=you are one lucky man

Cheers man, Yeah hes given me a basic set up and left me too it... 'we're watching paint dry' to quote his words haha. I'll only check in with him now if i'm competely at a dead end, 10 weeks in and were slowly moving in the right direction.
Post 28 IP   flag post
So my current average weekly weigh in is at a steady 203lbs, the scale doesnt seem to be moving too much atm so over the next couple of weeks if nothing changes I'll add in 10 grams of fats per day.

Todays upper Strength

Workout 2 - Upper Strength
Bench press 4 3-5
Hammer strengh rows 4 4-6
Dumbell shoulder press 3 6-8
Weighted pull ups 3 6-8
weighted dips 3 8-10
Ez barbell curls 3 6-8
Overhead tricep ext 3 6-8

Bench we are going for 4x3 @ 110kg, again same as Deads yesterday this should be pretty comfortable.

I'll check in abit later with some post workout pics if I get the chance!
Post 29 IP   flag post
So I havent logged in a few days as I have been busy with personal life.

so here's whats happend over the last couple of days

15/05/2014- 203.3 lbs, Lower hyper

16/05/14- (today) 204lbs, chest/shoulders hyper

Misc

Macros have been fairly on point at around 600c,250p,90f I'm going to aim for these numbers as they fall within my ranges and are easy to hit.

Also I may need to move gyms soon as the dumbbells at my current one only go up to 47.5kg's and for some movements this is too light for me.

On another note, Body power tomorrow!! Any of you guys going?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeh man im going! Down from Edinburgh!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev182
Yeh man im going! Down from Edinburgh!

Good man, you been before? I've been the last few years as its literally like a 25 mins drive from me. If you need a gym to train at go to Iron Works Birmingham (short journey from body power) its free if you show your ticket at the door! I'll be training there afterwards, last year I was working out next to Rob Riches haha
Post 32 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Nah first year going man! Not going down to train! training twice today and sunday when I get home! Travelling light!

Cant wait!
Post 33 IP   flag post
ryan_929 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rgall92 24/7 Fitness on the Hagley road. (Leads into Birmingham) Used to be a Fitness First
Post 34 IP   flag post
Ok guys so bodypower was awesome! lots of freebies and in general a great atmosphere. So I'm yet to get a picture up of where I am at currently at, I'll make sure I get one up before the week is over! my life’s pretty hectic atm, however I am going to do my best to update this at least 3-4x per week.

Quick update:
average weekly weigh in changes
202.9583333 - 203.625 (up 0.6 lbs this past week)

So my weekly average weigh in has moved up more than expected, I'll keep an eye on this as it tends to fluctuate a little anyway.

Deload week in the gym so no big lifts I'm afraid I deload every 7th week as part of my current programme. Reducing loads by 85-90% and overall volume by 25-30%.

So yesterdays deload Upper Strength looked like this:

Workout 2 - Upper Strength
Bench press 3x3 95kg
Hammer strength rows 3x6 100kg
Dumbbell shoulder press 2x10 20 kg
Weighted pull ups 2x12 bodyweight
Dips 2x12 bodyweight
Ez barbell curls 3x8 25kg
Overhead triceps ext 3x8 12kg

A couple of sets of face pulls and thats a wrap. Didnt even break a sweat haha
Post 35 IP   flag post
340742 35 10