Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceFemale FitnessTraining Programs

HELP NEEDED14228

LENA951 private msg quote post Address this user
HELLO,
I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHATS A GOOD STARTING POINT IN REGARDS TO A WORKOUT ROUTINE? IM FAMILIAR WITH MACROS AND HAVE BEEN HITTING MY NUMBERS DECENTLY AND CONSISTENTLY FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS. A LITTLE ABOUT ME, I'M 5'5,215LBS,I KNOW ITS A LOT, BUT IM VERY SOLID,HAD BABY 6MONTHS AGO, ITS NO EXCUSE BECAUSE I WAS 200LBS BEFORE BABY.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.CURRENT MACROS: 1845/CALS,125C,145P,85F
Post 1 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
I CANT HEAR YOU BRO SPEAK UP!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
LOUD NOISES
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm sorry for the all caps post. FYI I'm not a bro lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq/

All the answers your heart could desire.

Strong lifts 5x5 is my personal favorite for beginners and you should recalc your caloric maintenance, 1800 is nowhere near enough - crash dieting may seem fast and it is, but it's just setting you up for fat regain and a miserable time dieting
Post 5 IP   flag post
hollyhopeful5678 private msg quote post Address this user
@LENA951 - congrats on taking control after only 6 months post birth...It took me 2 years ;-) Good luck!
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
If you know about macros, why are you consuming only 125 grams of carbs and eating over 40% of your diet in fat??? -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone. @eknight what would you suggest my breakdown be???
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@LENA951 did you not read Frostshock's link? It's all right there. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LENA951
Thanks everyone. @eknight what would you suggest my breakdown be???

50/30/20 or in that ballpark

as @Frostshock posted - go here http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq/

look especially at the "carbs are your friends" threads posted in that link.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you @mikew
Post 11 IP   flag post
I don't understand why you come off as being rude. I asked a question as a newbie which you replied to and I responded to your comment. But thanks anyway @eknight
Post 12 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't understand why you come off as being rude. I asked a question as a newbie which you replied to and I responded to your comment. But thanks anyway @eknight

He's not being rude, he's being blunt! But if you perceive it as rude, that's alright.

He's also hinting at the fact that there is a large amount of information posted in the link above, and if you aren't going to take the time to read it, why should we take the time to spoon feed you the knowledge that's right in front of you?

Read the link posted above, and then ask questions regarding the information presented to you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
100% this.

OP made a claim that she knew about macros which didn't really pass the sniff test, so I pointed that out. She asked me for an answer after the exact answer to her question was right there in Frost's post. My post was no ruder than someone who was given the answer but chose not to read it and instead repeated said question. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes I so perceive his tone as rude. He asked a question to which I responded. I'm not asking to be spoon fed. There's also the option to not respond. But thank you as well @norlda. I said familiar with macros not expert. Lol I guess the testosterone in you men makes it ok. Have a good day all smh
Post 15 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Yes I so perceive his tone as rude. He asked a question to which I responded. I'm not asking to be spoon fed. There's also the option to not respond. But thank you as well @norlda. I said familiar with macros not expert. Lol I guess the testosterone in you men makes it ok. Have a good day all smh

I lol'd @ the testosterone. Lots and lots in me.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Lol I guess the testosterone in you men makes it ok. Have a good day all smh

Hello kettle? Pot here.

THIS response was rude. And pointless. It's the same as saying your estrogen makes you needy and craving spoon fed answers. Both that statement and yours are nonsense. But you're the one who called me rude and then said that.

I'd love to help you as much as I can, but the best advice I can give is to read the link first, then formulate follow-up questions. -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my 2 cents.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostshock

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq

All the answers your heart could desire.

Strong lifts 5x5 is my personal favorite for beginners and you should recalc your caloric maintenance, 1800 is nowhere near enough - crash dieting may seem fast and it is, but it's just setting you up for fat regain and a miserable time dieting

Forcefully backed by testosterone.
Post 18 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
I CANT HEAR YOU BRO SPEAK UP!

PS- @LENA951 welcome to SS. @ek was not being rude just trying to cut through the BS.
Post 19 IP   flag post
TyrannosaurusFlex private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. Will be trying the 5x5 starting Monday. I apologize if I came off rude. My new numbers with the provided calculator are 2211/cal,277C,172P,47F. So my new question is will 200 calories be enough of a deficit to lose fat? TIA
Post 21 IP   flag post
Start at maintenance. Subtract 100 from that and monitor your weight for about a week. If you don't lose weight, subtract another 100. easy peezy lemon squeezy
Post 22 IP   flag post
Thank you
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thank you
You're welcome And btw, welcome to SS!
Post 24 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
Quote:

I lol'd @ the testosterone. Lots and lots in me.

Haha i get it

Anyways welcome
Post 25 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannosaurusFlex
Start at maintenance. Subtract 100 from that and monitor your weight for about a week. If you don't lose weight, subtract another 100. easy peezy lemon squeezy

This, you could honestly get a ton of progress just at maintenance for 3 weeks or so because of the new stimulus from lifting.

If you lose >= 0.5lbs at the end of the week, stay at your same calories, if you don't then up the deficit by 100 and track for another week, don't go over a 500 cal deficit

Remember that cardio counts as a caloric deficit, dont dig yourself into a metabolic hole.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Thank you, I'll give it a try
Post 27 IP   flag post
340770 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute