Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Need new program for cutting10235

Aerin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,
I am pretty new to lifting and just finished bulking (went from 174 to 192 lb) - was bulking for 9 months. I am 25, 6"2, around 15% BF.
I want to start cutting and need a new program for it.
Main goal would be to get to around 10% BF, spare as much muscle as possible and maintain as much strength as possible. Also 4-5 days program would be most suitable as I want to plan to do separate cardio HIIT as well on non-lifting days.
Ill be eating at 500 kcal deficit with those macros: 2500 kcal, 192 g protein, 75 g fat, 250 g carbs. In later stage ill be lowering carbs even more to around 170 orso.

Now the question, could anyone recommend me a good cutting program?
So far I was mostly looking into German Body Composition (altough I am not sure if its not too advanced for me) and HST routine.
Do u guys think any of those program would be good for cutting?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You can use almost any routine for cutting. Losing fat is more about diet than training. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Generally would you go for lighter weight with higher reps with minimal rest pause between sets or go heavy with lower reps?
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Heavy as possible to maintain size. I literally change nothing about training. It's all about nutrition and possible addition of cardio. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hmm this is interesting, I met many ppl telling me that for cutting its better to increase reps (say 15) and lower weight a bit (like first weeks of HST routine) but also a lot of ppl claim that one should stay as heavy as possible not to lose muscle and strength.
While bulking I used antagonistic sets and pyramid training (say 10, 8, 6 increasing weight) and that worked for me.
Well I guess 100 ppl 100 opinions but getting confused now.
Should I just stay like constant 10 reps and minimal rest pause to keep HR up?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
One more time- it has nothing to do with your training at all. Getting leaner is the result of your calorie intake. Train heavy and hard with a calorie deficit. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
340769 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute