Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionTraining LogTraining Programs

Dedicated Strength and Size routine.NEWUSER9981

KeithCray private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I've been lifting for 7 years all natual and am 22 years old. This here is a plan that is all about muscular endurance to gaining size and strength. I've devoted so much of my life and time to getting this right.

Let me know what you think of it.

Keith Cray Routine.

AMREP: As Many Reps As Possible

Day 1 –Chest and Tris

Decline Bench Press: Pyramid Sets start from a warm up 12 rep set, add weight, decrease reps by 2 every set until you reach your 2 rep set.

Ex. 135 x 12, 155x10, 185x8, 205x6, 225x4, 245x2 - do weight you know you will not compromise form on.

Incline Bench Press: 4 Sets x 12-10 reps.

Incline Dumbbell Flies: 4 Sets 10 Reps

Cable Front Raises (Chest Version): 3 Sets 15 Reps

Reverse Grip Tricep Push Downs: 4 Sets 15 Reps, 12 Reps, 12 Reps, 10 Reps

Skull Crushers: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Dips (weighted): 3 Sets 8-12 Reps

Day 2 Back and Bis

Dead lifts: Pyramid set: Start with a 12 rep warm up set and work you way to a 2 rep set making sure to not break form or break as little as possible.

Bent Over Rows: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Wide Grip Rows: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Medium Grip Rows: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Close Grip Rows: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Weighted Pull Ups: 3 Sets AMREP

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs: 3 Sets 12-15 Sets

Dumbbell Curls: 4 Sets 10 Reps

Spider Curls: 3 Sets 10 Reps (NO REST)

Barbell Curls: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Day 3 Shoulders-(Abbs Days)

Upright Rows: 4 Rets 10 Reps (Wide Grip)

Laying Lateral Raises: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Military Press (Behind The Head): 3 Sets 10 Reps

Military Press Regular: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Arnold Presses: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Side Raises: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Reverse Flies: 4 Sets 8-12 Reps

Shrugs: 5 Sets 8-12 Reps

Day 4 Arms

Barbell Curls: 4 Sets 10 Reps

Single Arm Preacher Curl: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Rope Pushdowns: 4 Sets 12 Reps

V-bar Pushdowns: 3 Sets 6-8 Reps

Incline Dumbbell Curls: 4 Sets 10 Reps

Drag Curls: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Skull Crushers: 4 Sets 10 Reps

Weighted Dips: 3 Sets 10 Reps

Day 5 Legs (Abs Days)

Leg Extensions: 5 Sets 20 Reps

Squats: 5 Sets 8-12 Reps

Leg Curls: 5 Sets 20 Reps

Walking Lunges: 3 Sets

Leg Press: 4 Sets 10 Reps

Calve Press On Leg Press: 5 Sets 15-25 Reps

Calve Press Machine: 6 Sets 15-25 Reps

Abs Routine (done on days where core is used)

Bicycles: 3 Sets 45 Seconds Intervals.

Leg Raises: 3 Sets AMREP

Weighted Sit-ups: 100 Reps

Standing Side Crunches Weighted: 3 Sets 15 Reps-NO REST.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I'd drop the behind the head presses completely, your separate arm day completely, and redo your ab day, but that's just me. In general the routine seems more complicated than is really needed. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
The behind the head presses are to exhaust your posterior delt completely, then when you hit the regular military press, your exhausting everything you have left. The arm day was just added not too long ago, was seeing how it was going and was planning on doing a 4 week run with it. But with this plan its more of to stay relatively thin and contest ready while keeping strength and gaining size. For everyone I've given it too it has worked and it has helped with muscular stamina as well. I know it's not for everyone.

Eknight thanks for the critique though man, it's what im looking for
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
You're aware that behind the neck anything does not pre-exhaust rear delts, and is likely the worst position for the glenohumeral joint in terms of wear and tear injury, right? -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
It depends on the form that the person who can use with the motion, not many people can do the motion right and cause a lot of strain, I didn't mean posterior I mean interior,thats the benefit of these.For people who know how to do this motion, can benefit.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
There is no interior delt. Further, anatomy doesn't change from person to person- at least not gross anatomy like this. Behind the neck anything increases stress on the external rotators of the rotator cuff (supraspinatus, infraspinatus and teres minor) and places the glenohumeral joint in unnatural adduction, external rotation, extension and abduction, with both weight and repetitions added. It's a useless movement functionally and practically. In what circumstance of life are you ever going to reach behind your head to either pull or push something? You turn around to do it for a reason.

Having said all that, in your particular routine, there's an imbalance between anterior and posterior shoulder movements, so I'd still drop it. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
Only 2 movements for hamstrings? And only one of them is on leg day...
I would definatly work on that
Post 7 IP   flag post
You can drop it , alot of people can do the exercise and with the right form it's a mass builder. The body needs to be pushed in ways it shouldn't to reach goals that no one can have. You don't have to do them.

Swift: would appreciate suggestions
Post 8 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
Have you considered PHAT? It's a routine that many users like on this forum.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yeah I tried it using it for 6 weeks and loved it, After i stop seeing gains from this I was looking to try it again in about 3 weeks to start cutting. I've done doggcrap as well, as well as GVT. I've been a hockey player all my life and extremely active so i have to keep a large routine to actively hold my gains.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Highdeas private msg quote post Address this user
You could also do a push/pull/legs/rest repeat or mix it up with PHAT and do push/pull/legs/rest/upper power/lower power/rest repeat..here's what I mean

Day 1: Push
Day 2: Pull
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Upper Body Power
Day 6: Lower Body Power
Day 7: Rest

It's a hybrid of the P/P/L and PHAT
Just tossing out ideas from other posts for you, hopefully it helps
Post 11 IP   flag post
Im liking that one, i love full body power exercises, with strength , Thanks Highideas
Post 12 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
You are likely the largest bro to post on SS good work.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank You @Norlda, I've alway used this site for motivation, but have never really gotten into the forum game. So I'm submitting routines, that have worked best for me. As well as all natural not even natural test stuff.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
@KeithCray you should try and keep ur quad and ham movements balanced. So adding stiff or rdl's will definatly help, keep your leg curls and maybe look into glute ham raises or good mornings. Maybe take out leg extensions or leg press to include a compound ham movement such as good mornings or stiff/rdl's
You'll probably find this may help growth and strength in your legs as I could probably guess that you haven't done too much Ham work than what u have listed up now.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@swift yeah i need to balance them more but i always had a very huge quad balance while biking and hockey, but now I'm all into lifting. I always did

Squats 5 sets 10 reps

RDLS 5 sets 10 reps

Lep press 4 sets 6-8 Reps

Then finished with extensions 4 sets 15 reps each 30 seconds rest between each set
Post 16 IP   flag post
BBS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCray
Thank You @Norlda, I've alway used this site for motivation, but have never really gotten into the forum game. So I'm submitting routines, that have worked best for me. As well as all natural not even natural test stuff.

Lol at taking his statement as a compliment.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I should just delete this thread.
Post 18 IP   flag post
varunj17 private msg quote post Address this user
Norida sucked you in
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@KeithCray or take the advice of people with more knowledge and experience as a good thing used to help you. -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
340769 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute