Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATTraining Programs

Where are my PHAT people at? Hyertrophy days9796

Brian private msg quote post Address this user
hey guys, when i do the chest/arm hypertrophy. after i finish chest. is it ok if i rest like 5 minutes before starting biceps. or am i supposed to keep the rest time within 2 minutes between each exercise? or is it only 2 minutes for each exercise to that body part.

example...

chest hyertrophy exercises. (rest time 2 minutes between each execise)

then when i finish the last chest exercise, i wait 2 minutes before doing biceps

or is it ok if i rest 5 minutes just to feel refreshed and do biceps.. AND THEN rest 2 minutes between each bicep exercise...

because i feel so fatigued when i jump into biceps2 minutes after doing chest.

i was literally doing 15lb concentration curls when i normally do 25 pound concentration curls....

it actually does make a difference, so i am confused.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Why are you waiting so long for any of your sets? 2 minutes is a minute too long, IMO. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hey EKnight, pleasure to have you post in my thread. I am a lurker and read a lot of your posts. ~Respect~

I rest 2 minutes because, i can do like 6 reps more overall if i rest 2 minutes compared to 1 minutes. So i thought it would more beneficial. In the article, layne says rest 1-2 minutes. But this is what my sets are like if i rest 2 minutes

incline chest press (70 pounds)

2 minute rest each set.

now if i rest only 1 minute,

it would look like this

so therefore i thought 2 minute rest would be better since im doing more weight and keeping rest time under 2 minutes.

i thought im just one of those people that need longer rest because of fatigue
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
There's nothing wrong with that approach, but there's also something to be said for improving how much you can do with 1 minute. Eventually, your reps will catch up. I'm a fan of shorter rest periods because, ultimately, they create more stress on the muscle by fatiguing it to a greater degree. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
interesting. ill start to incorporate 1 minute rest on some of my days. thank you.

now, what do you think about rest 5 minutes between chest and biceps. and then doing 1 minute rest for biceps once i get started?

is it ok to rest the 5 minutes so i am more "refreshed" and energized.... since chest and biceps are two different muscles, i shouldnt have a problem with this approach. correct sir?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Again, this is just me, but BECAUSE they're different, I often take no rest at all between muscle groups. How ever long it takes me to walk from the place I finish chest to where I start biceps is how long the "wait" is. I'm not sure there's any benefit beyond placebo to resting that long on a hypertrophy routine. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
IMO.. what makes you build muscle?. Time under tension right?. Stressing your muscle for a shorter rest period. 1 min is advisable. Longer rest period for someone who is lifting for powerlifting. And chest and bicep are two seperate group. You can jump right away after doing chest.
Post 7 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Hypertrophy. Whats that?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
IMO.. what makes you build muscle?. Time under tension right?. Stressing your muscle for a shorter rest period. 1 min is advisable. Longer rest period for someone who is lifting for powerlifting. And chest and bicep are two seperate group. You can jump right away after doing chest.
that is true about the time under tension. But i disagree with biceps and chest being two separate groups. Well yea they are obviously two different parts haha. But i noticed if i skipped chest training(didnt have the time and wanted to do arms...) anyways long story short i did alot more reps for bicep than usual. so thats why i feel some bicep is involved in chest otherwise i would not be stronger doing biceps first than i am compared to doing them after chest..

but anyways thanks for the feedback people...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Devil82 private msg quote post Address this user
you skipped chest and did more biceps? so that's why you feel some bicep is involved in chest training? wut?
Post 10 IP   flag post
3tuf private msg quote post Address this user
Put some fuckin pants on Brian
Post 11 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tuf
Put some fuckin pants on Brian

please
Post 12 IP   flag post
340621 12 12
destitute