Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.

Opinions on fat acceptance?7331

Zny93 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering what you guys think of these people that preach fat acceptance.
I personally don't judge unless I know the person's full story now. A good friend of mine's mom is way obese now due to steroid use for her lupus. Used to be fit and extremely active working 2 jobs with 2 kids. Real sad.
But then I see videos like clickable text who try to say it's not physically possible for them to change their weight. And that they shouldn't be charged more for healthcare or say an airplane seat because of their size. That they're so healthy just the way they are. I don't know who they're trying to lie to, themselves or us. Either way that rustles the shit out of my jimmies. Especially when they say how disgusting women are that are fit.
Post 1 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
Some fat people are fit and in good physical shape. Some aren't.
I'm pretty sure science has shown that it's more important for health to be physically active than it is to be skinny.
Post 2 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
Depends what you call fat. I don't have a problem with overweight people in the slightest but i am disgusted by very obese people in the same way im disgusted in the alcoholic who has no money because at the end of the day its their choice.
I see extreme obeasity( i don't mean a bit fat or chubby) as a form of self harm because it is self inflicted and if you don;t habe a medical reason for being that big then because the health implications are your own fault then i think they should be charged extra.
If you need an extra seat on a plane then you should pay for that extra seat regardless of your size because your using two bloody seats.

1 more thing that REALLY pissed me off is when the uk government decided to tax pasty's and other forms of junk food fat people started complaining and bitching and they ended up taxing sports supplements instead.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@tamere01 Exactly it is their choice at the end of the day. I just really can't believe some of the shit that spews out of their mouth.
I don't hate fat people or chubby people, it actually makes me happy to see overweight people in my gym that are actually trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamere01
they ended up taxing sports supplements instead.

That's pretty ironic there.
Apparently the government in the U.S deemed pizza as a vegetable so they could say the school lunch was healthy lol. They backed it up by saying the amount of tomato paste was enough for it to be called a veggie.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Obesity makes you weak, unhealthy, and unattractive. I'm not sure how any of that can be good or accepted except maybe for the rarest of medical cases. Anyone's decision to become thinner; however, is their own to make. And they should be charged more on everything for their unecessary burden to society.
Post 5 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zny93
@tamere01 Exactly it is their choice at the end of the day. I just really can't believe some of the shit that spews out of their mouth.
I don't hate fat people or chubby people, it actually makes me happy to see overweight people in my gym that are actually trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamere01
they ended up taxing sports supplements instead.

That's pretty ironic there.
Apparently the government in the U.S deemed pizza as a vegetable so they could say the school lunch was healthy lol. They backed it up by saying the amount of tomato paste was enough for it to be called a veggie.

Again overweight people for me isnt an issue if there happy in there own skin then cool your a bit chubby or got alot of fat on you big deal. But when your big to the point where its dangerous for you and you expect special treatment like me giving my seat up for you as if you were aged or disabled now that pisses me off!
Admitatly i use to be obese a few years ago near the 100kg mark in my lower teens so its not like im a ripped guy who thinks hes better then people!

Now thats taking the piss. The supplement tax is annoying but seeing as it is a very rich industry financially i see why they did it. But why would you delibratly do that to children?

And to add to the thread what annoys and kinda hurts me the most is when i see two obese parents and i see there toddler who is huge aswell. You have the right to be fat if you want but its your duty as a parent to not cause your child to suffer health problems by over feeding them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
i hate when they talk to me and say shit like "you're so skinny, gonna get some fat on you" as if they were the ideal picture of man...they severely piss me off and gross me out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
evilokc private msg quote post Address this user
while im not attracted to overweight people and consider the overweight men to be weak,inferior and bad role models for their kids i dont have any issues with them. obesity on the other hand makes me sick. when a person eats until they cant function normally then asks to be treated as if their obesity is a handicap pisses me off. i dont think a person who ate so much that they cant move around well should be treated the same as an old lady who simply cant walk well due to age or disease or a person whom has lost their legs. if anything the obese person should have to walk. to think my tax dollars are going to these obese people who are considered disabled pisses me off.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@evilokc Not fat people in general, the people who preach being obese is perfectly fine and should be accepted
Post 9 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
I actually doesnt mind people who are fat or not. What bothers me are people who is complaining that they are fat and dont like their body but doesnt do anything about it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
evilokc private msg quote post Address this user
zny93 i have actually never heard anyone say that. however obesity is a death sentence so they wont be preaching it for too long.
Post 11 IP   flag post
TheBangBus private msg quote post Address this user
At the end of the day if your over weight, obese, what ever, why should i resect you if you don't respect yourself
Post 12 IP   flag post
@jonrivs49 These people who preach how being fat is awesome honestly believe that there is nothing they can do to lose weight. Watch the vid in the link from my first post.
These people haven't picked up a biology book in years I'm supposing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
@Zny93 i fly private. so i don't have any issues
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
My best friend is obese, it's not easy seeing some one you care about treat themselves like that. Although I try not to judge, it's hard to watch. This is one of the reasons I'm trying to do what I'm doing...
Post 15 IP   flag post
OhhLoLo private msg quote post Address this user
i hate fat people.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zny93
@jonrivs49 These people who preach how being fat is awesome honestly believe that there is nothing they can do to lose weight. Watch the vid in the link from my first post.
These people haven't picked up a biology book in years I'm supposing.
For me it looked like they did not accept being fat. Its more like trying to believe that fat is a sickness you cant cure. Their depressed to see people who is fit but they dont actually try to do something about it. But like what i said before we cant judge other people who chose to accept it thinking it cant be cured. If you want something go for it, dont make excuses and making yourself believe that you cant do anything blaming other people around you who chose to follow what they want.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@jonrivs49 Basically. Like I said I try my best not to judge others, and if there's anything I can do to help, I will. But you can't help those who don't help themselves y'know?
Post 18 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
BIG GIRLS NEED LOVIN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Zny93 I agree.. "It's like you have to save your own life, because nobody's going to be able to save it for you. So we have to do what we have to do, no matter what it is." - Kai Greene
Post 20 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
@Zny93 I agree.. "It's like you have to save your own life, because nobody's going to be able to save it for you. So we have to do what we have to do, no matter what it is." - Kai Greene

yes!
Post 21 IP   flag post
340740 21 21
destitute