Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CreatineSupplements

Is creatine worth it? for a model7149

Mikhail private msg quote post Address this user
@NorIda oh now not only do you try to insult on whether i lift or not which i obviously do with the photos ive posted, but you try to insult my financial status and what i can or cant afford.

*sigh*
Post 76 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Its called trolling>>>Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail

Im sorry you fall a victim to these things.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@NorIda trolls dont admit to trolling. you got too flustered to realize any of this.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
@NorIda trolls dont admit to trolling. you got too flustered to realize any of this.

Oh, I forgot, You're right. Once again, Because you said so.
Post 79 IP   flag post
@NorIda just sayin.

no need to get your jimmies in a rustle over lil ol me
Post 80 IP   flag post

IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously this is getting really silly guys.

NorIda you started the personal attacks really no need for it.

Mikhail you lost all high ground when you talked shit back.

You both disagree now lets save 2 pages of you calling each other trolls.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Seriously this is getting really silly guys.

NorIda you started the personal attacks really no need for it.

Mikhail you lost all high ground when you talked shit back.

You both disagree now lets save 2 pages of you calling each other trolls.

I did. I'm sorry.
Post 82 IP   flag post
@IrishGymSheep okay
Post 83 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
This made for some epic post lunch reading. But now I think I need to eat 2.5lbs of red meat and cycle 10g of creatine :-x
Post 84 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@eknight if you knew the research youd know how much you lose through urinating within 24 hours. Also youd know that the LBM gains made while cycling compared to off cycling are hardly substantial, minuscule at best.

Please link the research, since I don't know it. BTW, pointing out my height before I even responded to your posts shows massive insecurity about your own knowledge and has nothing to do with what I may or may not post. Just to get you started, though, this study: http://faculty.css.edu/tboone2/asep/greenwood.pdf

from the Journal of Exercise Physiology, noted that among their 16 males who took 20 grams of creatine per day, monohydrate retention after three days was 14.46±2.55g, 11.41±3.76g, and 10.72±6.30g respectively, meaning that more than half was retained. A far cry from your claim that you "piss out most of it in 24 hours." You actually piss out about 28% of it in 24 hours when a massive dose is taken. The onus is on you now to provide something clinical showing otherwise, not simply your random trial of n=1. -3X
Post 85 IP   flag post
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Who cares about creatine? I hit a PR for squat today! ^-^
Post 86 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Can't believe I have to do this with creatine, but apparently, some people don't know...

Great summary found here: http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/
that includes nearly 500 clinical references.

Highlights pertinant to this thread include:

"Specifically, the rate of daily creatine losses is about 1.6%-1.7%"
* Intake of 13C-4 creatine enables simultaneous assessment of creatine and phosphocreatine pools in human skeletal muscle by 13C MR spectroscopy (found here: http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18230955)

* 169.Wyss M, Kaddurah-Daouk R. Creatine and creatinine metabolism. Physiol Rev. (2000) (found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10893433)

"Power Output

Using information from Meta-Analysis' conducted on creatine and its influence on power and strength,a Meta-Analysis of 16 studies (with or without exercise in all age groups above 16, but placebo controlled and without crossover) studies that tended to have a 5-7 day loading period with continued maintenance thereafter noted that, in regards to studies assessing 1-3 rep bench press strength in trained young men, that 7 studies (Four of which are online) totalling 70 persons using creatine and 73 persons in placebo resulted in a 6.85kg increase in strength relative to placebo; benefits of which peaked at 8 weeks. This meta-analysis also quantified a significant increase in squat strength (9.76kg)

Who here wouldn't want to add 15 pounds to their bench and over 20 pounds to their squat in two months by doing nothing other than taking a supplement?

Creatine supplementation can also increase muscle fiber size independent of protein synthesis, as increasing water content in muscle cells increases their diameter; after 20g ingestion (alongside dextrose at a 1:7.5 ratio) type I, IIa and IIx fibers increased in diameter by 9, 5, and 4% respectively.

This cellular influx may also decrease protein oxidation rates, which lead to increases in nitrogen balance and indirectly increases muscle mass.[302] This lowering of protein oxidation is from signalling changes vicariously through cell swelling and appears to upregulate 216 genes in a range of 1.3 to 5-fold increases, with the largest increase seen in the protein involved in satellite cell recruitment, sphingosine kinase-1. Most importantly for muscle hypertrophy, the protein content of PKBa/Akt1, p38 MAPK, and ERK6 increased 2.8+/-1.2 fold. 69 genes are also downregulated after creatine supplementation, to less notable degrees.

FWIW, at least one study is cited noting that the gains are permanent, and after 12 weeks of use, followed by 12 weeks of cessation, no LBM, nor strength was lost. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15263100

Finally- that red meat and chicken that you get yur creatine from? You'll need to eat 30% more to get what you want, unless you consume raw meat:
"Creatine may also be converted to the biologically inactive creatinine through removal of a water molecule[158]. Approximately 30% of meat-bound creatine can be lost in exudate or degraded into creatinine when cooking to medium-well[159] and thus the amount of biologically active creatine would be 30% (roughly) less than that found in foods when cooked."

-3X
Post 87 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
do you actually think that the main job of creatine is water retention? that is a very secondary effect and is hardly even noticeable... try reading something...jesus
Post 88 IP   flag post
sickrykes private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikhail said no one ever
Post 89 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikhail lol on everything. Just... lol. You're funny. You should stay.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
I need to invest into some creatine. Lol.
Post 91 IP   flag post
340789 91 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute