Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsChestSplit Advice

Large Triceps..but lacking Chest/Shoulders6908

KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
This is currently my problem. Triceps are a strong point in my physique, but my shoulders are lagging a little bit and my chest is lagging alot. I am in the process of creating a P/P/L routine...but I am having trouble choosing exercises to really stress pec development/isolation. (PS: Log may be coming out today or tomorrow!).
Post 1 IP   flag post
Also, for shoulder development...should I continue DB pressing to 90 degrees? Or should I start going past 90. Other options I am considering are Arnold Presses and also standing push presses.
Post 2 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
in the last couple weeks my shoulders have exploded and I keep thinking well ive been doing what ive always done; heavy one day and hypertrophy specefic on the other. I looked at what exercises I was doing and noticed I have a good balance of exercises that hit the three heads so they grow equal where as before I just concentrated on the side and rear delts thinking the front delts will grow with the presses. My advice would be make sure all three heads are hit and dont over do it and keep your shoulders healthy!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
You can do whatever exercises you want, but I realized that the fewer, the better.
I did 5-6 exercises not long ago, and changes them into just DB shoulder press, lateral raises and face pulls and I got better results with that instead of doing tons of exercises.

Hypertrophy one day and strenght another is also something I recomend =)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Neverbackdown19 private msg quote post Address this user
I switched up my program to allow me to hit my chest twice a week. Absolutely loved it and responded well to it. Best results I've seen in my chest in ages. Like most have said, hit it heavy one day and then hypertrophy later in the week. You may want to also widen your grip a little if you are bench pressing. That way most of the tension is going to be on your pecs with minimal help from your tri's.
If things arent shaping up, change them, and then go from there. Military presses are also something I really focused on on shoulder days, noticed a lot of results from switching between front/rear presses.
BOL
Post 5 IP   flag post
OptimusPrime private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a little confused as to how Tri's are a strong point yet Chest is lacking...
Post 6 IP   flag post
@OptimusPrime...just look at my pics lol. My Tri's are massive yet my chest is smaller.
Post 7 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
I got the same problem man. My triceps would take over for every excersise creating an imbalance.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift heavy ass weight!"
Ronnie Coleman
Post 9 IP   flag post
Haha I've actually been solving this problem a bit ith my push pull legs routine. My chest is starting to grow. Check out my log guys, i'm making progress. For my chest, I've started going deeper on my DB presses, use progressive over load, and started doing decline BB presses in place of unweighted dips/ cable crossovers/ flies.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Holy shit you do have large tricep, just watched your pictures =)
Try doing heavy wide grip benchpress, don't involve the triceps do much, and your chest is getting most of the work
Post 11 IP   flag post
Just read your last comment, if you are proggesing, hust keep doing what you do =)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Just*
Post 13 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
I find having a bigger range of motion has helped me a lot recently.
Post 14 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
quit locking out...

limit the compound exercises that use triceps.

try DB uprights for shoulders, amazing exercise 100x better than the BB version
Post 15 IP   flag post
Huber private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalletSc
@OptimusPrime...just look at my pics lol. My Tri's are massive yet my chest is smaller.

Bro i dont think your tris are overpowering your chest look at your picture with the red shorts the top two pics look proportionate. I think its just the angles you take your pics (your on the same angel for every front shot where your tris APEAR larger.) or it may be that your shoulders seem slightly tilted forward.
Post 16 IP   flag post
In4gainZ private msg quote post Address this user
Switch to db instead of bb for chest pressing , for more ROM and chest involvement, stretching and less triceps dominance, don't lock out and go for heavy As fuck, but on the negative phase go as down as you can, for shoulder face pulls, heavy ass rows to kill that rear delt, and heavy pressing and don't direct work on anterior delt, it's getting enough intention from heavy pressing. Don't forget also to activate MMC, and you can also hit weak parts on rest day.
Post 17 IP   flag post
340621 17 17
destitute