Post 152 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
NATE THE GREAT!!! WERE YOU AT BROSEPH!!
Post 153 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
heeeeeellllllllloooooooooooooooooo
Post 154 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
you shit the bed bro, you shit the bed....
Post 155 IP   flag post

dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by haole
Nate said to start asking him questions here

haha LOVE it. I was like wtf did he really? Then saw it was google
Post 156 IP   flag post
NateMiyaki private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitz
Hey Nate! My current macros are-

Diet Macros-
40% Protein 35% Carbs 25% Fats

240/210/66- 2400kcals

I was just wondering how i should incorporate refeeds on a daily basis.

Refeeds- 50% Carb Increase, 1g protein per lb. of bw.
and fats low.

Now, these macros below are with the same calories. Should i increase calories on a refeed day?

210/315/35- Every 6-12 days

Hey man, re-feeds I usually go with maintenance (15 cals/lb) or above (16-20) depending on the goal and how lean you are. Protein steady at 1g, yes fats relatively low when you are jacking up carbs. High carb intake limits fat oxidation, so you don't want a bunch of dietary fat in that situation. Then all remaining calories from carbs.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johon6
is there a benefit to ultra low carb

at the min im on

230g protein
about 40-50g fat
100g carbs a day

works out in and around 2000 calories, not majorly fussed at the minute as i'm overweight and need to drop weight, might go 50 calories either way

I think 100g is a good level and most people shouldn't go much lower. That's actually right around what I recommend for sedentary populations, with 1-2 pieces whole fruit and unlimited vegetables making up the majority of that 100g.

The thing is the research I've seen is that low carb ketogenic diets are no more effective than low carb NON-KETOGENIC diets. And keto-dieting has several metabolic and physiological drawbacks. So why go that route if you don't have to.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJA82
Nate, im nearing the end of a 15 week cut, have cut down around 20lb in that time with a defecit and a bit of cardio on top of my normal weight training, currently sitting on 176lb down from 196 at 5`10. Pretty happy with my overall mass etc. but im struggling maintaining strength at this stage of the cut, todays session i really struggled...

My 1rms have dropped a fair bit along the way but ive tried not to let it worry me and ive just reset my target weights to compensate BUT it kinda does bother me losing this kinda strength because i see a long road ahead to get back to where i was ( 315lb squat and 450lb deadlift ) even though i still consider myself a novice.

Current diet is around 1900-2000cals a day, 180g protein, 50-60g fat and remainder carbs, pretty much stick to that fat and protein level and just vary the carbs depending on activity level. Refeed is usually once a week and carbs are increased and fats are dropped. As far as i can see everything is being done correct. Is it normal to suffer such strength losses on a cut? Is there any tips to maintain it?

My program i follow is based around 5/3/1 with a power movement at the start of the session, then hypertrophy work following so a bit of a PHAT kinda program but based around 5/3/1. On a bulk this program served me really well and it did up until now on the cut as well but the last couple of weeks have been a struggle...

Sorry for the long post man, just wanted to cover all the obvious stuff.

Just keep in mind that training to maximize performance is different than training to maximize appearance, bodybuilding and powerlifting are different sports, etc. Not to say you can't have a mix of both, but you're not going to be your strongest at your lowest body fat percentage.

Overall the diet doesn't seem to crazy or restrictive, right around 12cals/lb so that's decent. You know the one thing I might suggest you look is what you are doing pre-workout. So for pure cosmetic purposes I like training in the fasted state for a variety of physiological reasons. But that is not always wise for from a performance perspective. The thing is since glucose fuels the brain and CNS, depleted glycogen (especially liver glycogen) can impair performance. So maybe add a light meal of some protein and a piece of fruit (some carbs for liver glycogen without the rebound hypoglycemia of starches) a few hours before your lifts.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Hasn't responded in almost two weeks...

I guess its a good thing that this thread is stickied! Or it would have been lost a long time ago =O

Nate, wtf are you broseph!?

Living life the only way I know how brother, beach-dude style.
Post 160 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateMiyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson
Hasn't responded in almost two weeks...

I guess its a good thing that this thread is stickied! Or it would have been lost a long time ago =O

Nate, wtf are you broseph!?

Living life the only way I know how brother, beach-dude style.

Hope The waves were good dude!
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
NATE THE GREAT!!! WERE YOU AT BROSEPH!!

Glad to know I was missed. Work has been kicking my ass.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
Nate what do you think about the GOMAD diet and the claims that adding 20 rep breathing squats with at least 6 cups of milk per day will help a person add 10-15lbs of lean muscle?
Post 163 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
I though the gomad diet is a gallon of milk a day not just 6 cups a day
Post 164 IP   flag post
Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
Manley i have read a few articles where its stated that if you cant get in a gallon, then aim for 6 cups...along with the breathing squats
Post 165 IP   flag post
Linus private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Nate,
I have no Idea who you are but I would like to have your take on protein requirements.

I'v read the abstract of maybe 20 studies, and the whole on maybe 5 studies on this particular question.

It seems to me that some studies show that a 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight is superior to ,5 grams per pound of bw.

Other studies show no difference, same amount of LBM is attained at high (1 gram per pound) normal (.5 gram per pound).

Have you any experience in this area?
What's your take on protein req?
Post 166 IP   flag post
340832 166 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?