Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Bench Press and PHAT5248

CBitez private msg quote post Address this user
I have done the routine as is for 2 weeks now. I noticed there isnt any type of bench press. Layne Y U DO DIS? Can I add bench press on Chest/Bi day on the original routine? And swap out hammer press or something?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Theres a bench press on power day... I used dumbbells and saw nice gains but u can use swap it with barbbell if u want
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thats basically what I meant. Theres no "Barbell" bench press.

Right now I can only do 40lbs for reps. 140 for barbell. Just thought I might reap more gains with barbell
Post 3 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Dude you have the right to switch some exercices if your modifications are smart. I did change db press for barbell bench press cause the db's at my gym stop at 100 lbs *sigh*
Post 4 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexdec
Dude you have the right to switch some exercices if your modifications are smart. I did change db press for barbell bench press cause the db's at my gym stop at 100 lbs *sigh*

Same here! hard to do power DB press, when you're reppin out the 100lbers for 20 reps. lol.
Post 5 IP   flag post
When will it be mine turn for 100lb dumbbell press?

Maybe I'll switch it up every week. One week db and one week bb. Shouldnt be a problem with that. I tried not changing the program at all because I really like it as is.
Post 6 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't switch between DB and BB bench every week. I'd do one or the other for ~6weeks then change.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ I like this idea better. As a whole, Layne has pointed out that the program is a template and not an "exact" thing. You can substitute exercises to hit weak points as needed. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
Those cambered curls are also lame to me idk. I get really good contraction from incline dumbbell curls. And I also feel like seated barbell shoulder press would be more effective than dumbbell shoulder press.

I just dont want to fucck up the program.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
@NorIda I feel you man. i rep out 105 for like 12 on inclines now, so i stick to the barbell because i can use a lot of weight and then for inclines i stick to dumbbell...has worked a lot for me and now im repping 250, when i was repping 225 a couple weeks ago
Post 10 IP   flag post
I maxed out on 55lb dumbbells for benchpresses. no laugh
Post 11 IP   flag post
340621 11 11
destitute