Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingChestSplit Advice

Chest training for Ectomorph5079

QuirtMc private msg quote post Address this user
SO iv been in the gym since April of 2010 gone up in weight from 144 to 165 good progression and all, but my question is this my chest is really lacking and no matter the form or how I lift I never seem to really get a good strain/pain in my chest it always seems like my arms are doing more than I should allow them to do. So what is a great way for someone like me who has a hard time gaining to really kill and blow my chest out

Any advice would be great thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
Make sure your shoulders are down and back, squeezed together against the bench. Make sure you DO NOT roll your shoulders forward. Always make the mind to muscle connection and squeeze at the top of the movement.

Also what does your routine look like for chest, maybe you are not hitting it hard enough??
Post 2 IP   flag post
It rotates between three different routines just to keep it guessing. Today was a heave day. Consisting of neck press, flat bench DB press, squeeze press, incline DB press, and Decline BB press
Post 3 IP   flag post
sets? reps?
Post 4 IP   flag post
oh ya.. 4 sets each 10,8,6,4
Post 5 IP   flag post
Typically a good chest routine consists of

Bench press x4 sets, 6-8 reps
Incline DB chest press x4 sets, 8-10 reps
Weighted dips x2 sets, 6-10 reps
Incline cable fly x3 sets, 10-15 reps

Stick with a routine for about 4 weeks before you change it up. Also check that your nutrition is in check! You need food to grow!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I do eat and all food is weighed after cooking its just my chest is my lack area starting to get frustrated ya know. Ill give your advice a run threw and see how it works
Post 7 IP   flag post
If you are confident that you are eating enough and training is correct with correct form and you still arnt growing then hit chest twice a week. Really helped bring my lagging chest up. Heavy/low reps one day, and moderate weight/moderate reps 3 days later.
Post 8 IP   flag post
that is something i have not tried will give it a try and post as to what i think
Post 9 IP   flag post
Definitely give it a thought.

Most of the guys on the forum follow the P.H.A.T system including me, and have seen extraordinary results, both strength and size. I would recommend you take a look at it.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks
Post 11 IP   flag post
No problem! Good luck!
Post 12 IP   flag post
340762 12 12
destitute