Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdvicePHATProgress PicsProgress UpdateTeen

Diet and PHAT Progress Log HELP!3951

rklohe private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! I started PHAT this week as well as a new meal plan and am looking for your feedback. I plan on updating this forum with my lift info nightly and pictures from week to week probably on Mondays (when I weigh myself). Looking for any and all advice! Thanks guys!!

Stats: 19, 176lbs, 5'11"

Daily intake: 263 pro, 83 fat, 2780 cal, 260 carbs

Diet (in no particular order):
Fat Free Milk x2
Greek Yogurt w/ Fruit
2 large eggs
4 egg whites
Oatmeal
Almonds
Brown rice
chicken breast
mixed vegetables
Pineapple
Blueberries
Peanutbutter 2tbs
Protein shake x2
Whey shake
Pastrami
Whole-wheat Toast 2pcs
Banana
Nutella

Vitamins:
Multi
D, E, C
Fish Oil
DHEA
B12

PHAT Log (Weight:Reps xSets)
Day 1 upper body
pendlay rows - 145:5 x3
pull ups - 10:10 x2
rack chins 35:9 x2
DB bench 80:5 x3
weighted dips 25:10 x2
DB shoulder 50:10 x2 60:8
cambered curls 70:10 80:8 x2
skull crushers 80:10 x3

Day 2 Lower Body
squats 215:5 225:5x2 - hamstrings were killin
hack squats 230:9 x2
leg extent 140:10 x2
SL deads 185:8 x2 190:8
Hamstring curls 35:10 x2 - hamstrings are dead
standing calves 390:10 420:10 (on a machine)
seated calves 95:10 x2

Let me know what you guys think!!!! Looking forward to feedback and tons of advice from you guys, so pumped to be part of this community!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Alright so I dont know if anyone is following this thread but Im gonna go ahead and update it anyways just in case hahaha.

Today was Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy day:
(Weight:Reps xsets)

Pendlay rows 95:3 x6
rack chins 45:10x2 45:9
Seated Cable row (inner grip) 130:12 140:12 x2
DB Rows 70:15 70:12
close grip pull downs 140:17 140:15
DB shoulder press 55:12 x3
upright rows 75:15 x2
Lateral raises 15:20 x3

Definitely already seeing improvement with my body after only a few days of having changed my diet around. Thank you to the guys who helped me out on my diet in my last forum! Keep the drive alive!
Post 2 IP   flag post
OhhLoLo private msg quote post Address this user
are you trying to bulk maintain or cut ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I would definitely like to add muscle and get rid of my excess fat...a lean bulk Id say
Post 4 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey man!

Good luck with PHAT!!

Just looking at your diet - here are some comments:

So you are eating with a very small calorie surplus - looking for more of a recomp than outright bulk or cut - right?

Your Daily intake: 263 pro, 83 fat, 2780 cal, 260 carbs
Which = roughly 37.5% carbs / 37.8% protein / 26% fat.

Not bad - but you could reduce the protein - you only need 180 grams, not 263. If you are eating all your protein, then I think it's fine - but if you are using lots of shakes to reach that really high protein mark, then drop the shakes and up the carbs. I used to eat really high protein, and since I dropped down to 1 gram/lbs, there has been no difference in muscle gain - but the added benefit of more carbs, and better training sessions. Also, drop the fats slightly. Down to 20%. Aim for a ratio of 50/30/20 (Carbs/Protein/Fat) - that would be better IMO.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Yeah definitely more of a recomp than an outright bulk or cut.

I will definitely alter the diet again in these next few days to cut out some fat and protein (almonds, a shake, and nutella Im thinking?) and add some more brown rice and good carbs to get my ratios better.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rklohe
Yeah definitely more of a recomp than an outright bulk or cut.

I will definitely alter the diet again in these next few days to cut out some fat and protein (almonds, a shake, and nutella Im thinking?) and add some more brown rice and good carbs to get my ratios better.

Perfect plan.. Get around about those ratios 50/30/20. Train hard. And weigh yourself every 10 days, and adjust the calorie level as needed (I guess your maintenance is a bit lower than you guessed. Maybe 2650) Also, when you figure out what your maintenance calorie level is - divide that calorie number by your weight in lbs. Then you have your magic number for future reference and future calculations. ^^
Post 7 IP   flag post
I calculated my BMR x fitness and got a daily expenditure of 3095 calories....looks like I am way off. So plus the 500 to gain size im looking at about 3600 a day.

450 carbs, 270 protein, 80 fat

My calculations right? Or am i way off again... haha
Post 8 IP   flag post
Um.. it is possible that you have need 3095, but I doubt it.

Lyle McDonald says take weight in LBS and multiply by 14-16 to get your maintenance calories. So that would put you at 2450 - 2800 (including time in gym)

Most online calculators are to high in my opinion. At the end of the day you need to test it out on yourself and see how your weight changes..
Post 9 IP   flag post
Got it! Yeah I had a feeling 3095 was too high...I will play around with it and see what happens haha
Post 10 IP   flag post
340621 10 10
destitute