Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
GOD private msg quote post Address this user
so for past couple of weeks iv been hitting upper chest flat out on chest days and its been working very well to a surtain degree, it's just the very top of my chest that doesnt want to grow so i was woundering if any of use have any ideas on how to hit that part,

and what should i do about a lagging side of my chest should i just put more emphasis on my right side where its lagging? because iv noticed my right arm doesnt extend to a degree that my left does

Also does anyone know of a good video or somthing that show's proper fourm for upper chest dumbells?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Striation private msg quote post Address this user
For the lagging concentrate on proper form for that side. Stretch ever session to get the range of motion the same as the other side. Fix it asap

as for the exercises what have you been doing so far?
Post 2 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
not this again
Post 3 IP   flag post
LittleDragon private msg quote post Address this user
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/1881/bench-press-and-upper-pecs/

Read this...search is your friend...
Post 4 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
Dear God, I don't know if you were aware of the massive and lengthy thread on upper pecs. I haven't read it myself but maybe one day I will.

I can tell you about my experience. Lately I've been doing the standing overhead barbell press.

While this is ostensibly a shoulder exercise, I have noticed a great improvement in my upper pecs and my overall chest development.

I am very happy with how this move has affected my chest.

I highly recommend it.

thank you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Shadow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDragon
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/1881/bench-press-and-upper-pecs/

Read this...search is your friend...

Lol at this thread
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
and what should i do about a lagging side of my chest should i just put more emphasis on my right side where its lagging? because iv noticed my right arm doesnt extend to a degree that my left does

You do realize that your body isn't symmetrical, right?

Your heart is on your left, under your left pectoral muscle. Therefore, your left chest will be a little bigger than your right.

If this really disturbs you, you can try to finish your workouts with one-armed right-handed dumbbell bench press. Use a weight that you can do 12 reps with and do three sets. Or five sets.

But this is a bit extreme. I recommend relaxing and not worrying about it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Dragonian private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiTu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD

Your heart is on your left, under your left pectoral muscle. Therefore, your left chest will be a little bigger than your right.

If this really disturbs you, you can try to finish your workouts with one-armed right-handed dumbbell bench press. Use a weight that you can do 12 reps with and do three sets. Or five sets.

What the nigga?
Post 8 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD

What are you smoking, internally it isn't symmetrical, externally it is.
Post 9 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
I've heard the same thing. I will have to do a little more research on the subject though. Someone told me this when I explained to them my left pec was bigger than my right.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@IrishGymSheep Have you measured your chest lately?

The OP said his right chest is lagging. Why do you think that is if not for the reason I gave?

My left chest is larger and stronger than my right.

SwoleAnimal mentions the same phenomenon.

But you just refute what I say because ...why? The Broscience is strong with you?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Dexdbest private msg quote post Address this user
I added about two inches or one and half inches on my pecs this year doing incline presses. My left pec also used to be really shitty, three solutions i would recommend. Inclining db pressing,one arm db press fr ur left, deep stool push ups
Post 12 IP   flag post
Christf private msg quote post Address this user
That explains everything!!! My left chest is bigger too omgggg
Post 13 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@IrishGymSheep Have you measured your chest lately?

The OP said his right chest is lagging. Why do you think that is if not for the reason I gave?

My left chest is larger and stronger than my right.

SwoleAnimal mentions the same phenomenon.

But you just refute what I say because ...why? The Broscience is strong with you?

Then your imbalanced.
The heart slightly to the left, it's not much.
Like this;

The fact that it is encased by your sternum means it has no effect on symmetry.
Muscle lies on top of the rib cage, which clearly has no imbalances:

*Cough* had to channel a spirit on that post.
Post 14 IP   flag post
seansm10 private msg quote post Address this user
while that makes sense igs - the body isnt symmetrical externally either, for the most part yes, but there are differences
Post 15 IP   flag post
340740 15 15
destitute