Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Thedude1967 private msg quote post Address this user
So I’m blessed with terrible genetics and one great feature of that is skinny chicken stick calves. I work them twice a week, multiple different workstations and they’re strong but you can’t even see them!

Advice, PLEASE!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
Calves are hard to build you either have them or don’t work them three times a week
Post 2 IP   flag post
BigJ private msg quote post Address this user
using a machine or with person sitting on your back.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
Are you getting a FULL range of motion. Typically guys will bounce the weight on a leg press or seated calf raise machine and they are getting the full range. I don't see how they get worked. I use lighter weight and focus on the top contraction and hold it there with a slower eccentric then get a stretch at the bottom then hit another rep.

I learned this by asking my daughter's gymnastics teacher on how all the students have incredible calves. They do not use weight barring exercises at all and just use bodyweight. They have a raised 2 x 4 and they do exactly what i just said. They balance on the board, which is raised off the ground like an inch or so in order to get a full stretch, and they do several slow reps with heels pointed out, pointed in and then parallel. Try it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thedude1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys, all good tips I’ll try them!
Post 5 IP   flag post
340552 5 5
destitute