Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum

Almost fainting during a lift today?!19323

forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
What's up guys!

So earlier this morning I went in for a workout and had to leave early cause I felt like complete utter shit.
I started out my workout doing standing OHP and something just didn't feel right,and felt like overall crap. I finished all my sets but on my last set on the first rep, once I got the weight up I got this huge wave of dizziness and couldn't hold the weight and had to re rack it. I ended up re racking the bar unevenly because I was so close to fainting.

I was using the valsalva maneuver when doing this lift.
I went to the gym right after I woke up on an empty stomach, not sure if this affects what happened today.

Also, I am currently cutting and doing intermittent fasting because I find pushing my meals later in the day help me suppress my appetite. But not sure if i should continue intermittent fasting after this.

I don't know what could have caused this, and advice or tips is appreciated!

P.S. Eknight I know you advise against doing any overhead pressing but this lift is too fun to skip.
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
How long have you been doing IF and how long were you fasted at the time of the workout? Are you properly hydrated?

Why are you doing valsalva for OHP? I don't think it's necessary as long as you're properly bracing your core.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Tried to tell you about that OHP shit.

OHP will: fuck up your shoulders, make yo ass faint, ruin your macros, kill your gains, sleep with your girl, take your cash, wreck your ride, dis you on the mic, make Hambo ask more dumb questions, take your creatine, and take a dump on your lawn. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
How long have you been doing IF and how long were you fasted at the time of the workout? Are you properly hydrated?

Why are you doing valsalva for OHP? I don't think it's necessary as long as you're properly bracing your core.

When I do the valsalva it helps me brace my core even better, but most importantly it helps my from hyper extending my lower back. Been doing IF for a few months, I usually eat my first meal around 2pm.
I went to the gym this morning right after waking up so I only had a glass of water.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Tried to tell you about that OHP shit.

OHP will: fuck up your shoulders, make yo ass faint, ruin your macros, kill your gains, sleep with your girl, take your cash, wreck your ride, dis you on the mic, make Hambo ask more dumb questions, take your creatine, and take a dump on your lawn. -3X

The worst of em all! This alone might make me stop!
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
On a serious note, you should NOT be using the Valsalva to prevent hypertension. That is a sign of a weak core. Train your core harder/smarter/better and fix the problem. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
On a serious note, you should NOT be using the Valsalva to prevent hypertension. That is a sign of a weak core. Train your core harder/smarter/better and fix the problem. -3X

Thanks, definitely will! What do you think the cause was for almost fainting today? Not eating prior to lifting, using the valsalva which caused oxygen restriction etc.?
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Probably a bit of both. If you made me choose one, valsalva. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
Low blood sugar drink orange juice
Post 9 IP   flag post
340165 9 9
destitute