Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceMacrosTraining Programs

Stuck at a plateau18125

Ryley6905 private msg quote post Address this user
TL;DR version of what I've done so far...

- Started 2/1/16 at 215lbs
- 20 year old male at 5'9"
- As of today (6/23/2016) I am 194.8 lbs
- Been stuck in the range of 194-196 lbs range for about three weeks
- Took two weeks off of dieting before starting cutting plan
- Started the "Furious 60" by Furious Pete on 5/31/16

I'm really not seeing any kind of progress despite following the guide as closely as I possible can do.

TL;DR version of the guide...

- Lifting 5 days a week with 30 minutes of moderate intensity cardio
- I usually switch between bike, Cross ramp, and elliptical, although I have access to rowing machines and treadmills as well

- Eat on average 50/30/9 grams of P/C/F at each meal with slight variations in morning and before workout meal with respect to carbs which comes out to about a total of 2,400 cal

- Guide mentioned if I'm losing weight too slow/fast, to subtract or add 250 cal to daily intake with respect to how slow or fast I'm losing weight

- Drink a little more than a gallon of water a day with no added salt in food

So my question is, am I doing something wrong or am I just impatient in seeing progress? According to

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-calculator

I should be eating about 3130 cals to maintain weight.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @Ryley6905! Welcome to the forum - hope you'll find what you need, and feel like sticking around.

Before going too much into what is already covered in the forum's stickies, i'd advise you to read the FAQ.

Also, just to get something clear; You have approx 50% of your calories from protein? and at around 2400 daily cals, thats roughly 300g protein?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Hamb0 from what the plan lays out for me, I should be getting roughly...

- 297 grams protein
- 188 grams carbs
- 39 grams fat

Below is an image of what I'm working with currently and this is supposedly intended for a 180lb-200lb male.

Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Waaaaaaay too much protein, waaaaaaaay too few carbs for a guy your size and what you're doing. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Waaaaaaay too much protein, waaaaaaaay too few carbs for a guy your size and what you're doing. -3X

^
Post 5 IP   flag post
@eknight @Hamb0 if that's the case then I suppose I'll abandon the current plan and start building from scratch. Thank you for the help.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
That's gonna make Furious Pete really, really... Furious! 😡

Fat loss doesn't have to be complicated. Do enough weight training to maintain lean body mass. Eat enough to fuel your day and your workouts. Perform high intensity conditioning to shed fat. Be patient. Win. It sounds like you were already making progress, so you may not need to abandon ship, so much as adjust your course. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
That's gonna make Furious Pete really, really... Furious! 😡

Fat loss doesn't have to be complicated. Do enough weight training to maintain lean body mass. Eat enough to fuel your day and your workouts. Perform high intensity conditioning to shed fat. Be patient. Win. It sounds like you were already making progress, so you may not need to abandon ship, so much as adjust your course. -3X

I'm definitely not abandoning my goals, rather going to attempt a different approach using the FAQ stickies and such.

I've calculated out my macros and they sound much more reasonable at...

-156 P
-362 C
-92 F

for 2,900 cal/day using a 200 cal deficit from 3,100. I just need to figure out what to eat to satisfy the daily quota. Just will take a little time and number crunching.

I'll probably continue to use the training program though since I did pay $20 for it and I've definitely been getting a good pump off the workouts.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340609 8 8
destitute