Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
MotivationPower LiftingTraining Programs

Former athlete creating new lifting schedule17631

jmar private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

First of all, new to this board, but excited to be here! I ran track and field in college but never had to create my own workout. My coaches wrote everything out and I just did what I was told. Now being in the real world, I feel stuck... not really knowing where to start.

Track totally burned me out. After some serious running (sprinting) for years, I took about a 2 year break and am now ready to get back into a great fitness plan for me.

Clearly, I'm not needing help with running workouts, but rather lifting specifically. Any advice on how to get started?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd start by clicking on these two links. Alot of great information.

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/16702/page/1/routine-design-for-dummies-10/

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/page/1/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/
Post 2 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@jmar Welcome. Read the links that Jsn3004 posted above. It should give you an idea of how to lay out a good program.

Do you have specific goals? Lose weight, build muscle, gain strength, etc?

BTW, that's a damn cute face in that profile pic.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jmar private msg quote post Address this user
@wannabemuscular Thanks... I am trying to avoid complicated (or very detailed) workouts/meal plans. I'm not trying to cut any weight or count calories or obsess over this.

I'm about 5'7" and 140lbs. I mostly want to bring my heart rate down and tone as much as possible. But I get tired of doing the same workouts over and over.

I also play basketball often and want strength for that to avoid any more injuries.

So... that's my focus
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a basic Upper / Lower split for you would be good. Depending how much time you have you can do upper and lower both 2x per week.

Also, obviously you know running/sprinting will help get your base heart rate down. (something I need to work on too)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
Push/pull/ legs is a great simple plan to follow that you can adapt.

Good luck
Post 6 IP   flag post
340767 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute