@SOLARSUPLEX Good man. Stay consistent.

What are you studying?
Post 76 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
@SOLARSUPLEX Good man. Stay consistent.

What are you studying?

He's trying to study for deez nuts. It's an intense class.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Or so I hear.
Post 78 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@wannabemuscular studying for a business direct transfer associates to university of Washington where I will get my BA in marketing
Post 79 IP   flag post
Pretty excited to be done with this quarter I won't start UW til fall next year so I'll have 6 months where I can really focus on myself and accomplish things that are pretty timely.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Alright uglies. The other day i did OHP and i had the sickest shoulder DOMS so i did it again today. Ended up doing it first because there were no benches open so i set up shop in a power rack and was too lazy to drag a bench over and shit.

I HAVE A WEAK OHP AND MY SHOULDERS WERE UN EVEN WTH

I did about 10 sets of 5-10 reps with anywhere from 55-85lb while supersetting with random ass band work.

Flat bench
135x10
185x10x2
185x7
205x3 no rest from previous set
135x10 wide grip long pauses with explosive up.

Seated dumbbell press without back support
35x12x2

Cable chest flys
45x20x2
70x9(failure)

Machine shoulder press
45lb ea side x 20x2

Seated DB side raises
no idea how many sets or reps with whatever weight, just went for some volume here

Machine db side raises
again, went for massive volume.

Went and foam rolled my legs for 10 minutes.

Tried to stretch out my pecs but I was kinda itching to get out of the gym so that didn't last long.

Im getting pretty pissed off with my weight lately. I cannot get over this 181-183 slump. I was trying to eat 3600 a day but some days i just have no appetite and fuck force-feeding myself so i end up at 2000 and pissed off that i ate so little. Might be school stress thats making it hard to eat so much and the fact that I'm spending so much time sitting around and I'm not being as active from day to day as i normally am.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Dude my OHP was weak as shit for ever too lol. Could only do like 65 forever. After you work at it and keep it in your routine it'll raise up for sure
Post 82 IP   flag post
@ErickFromOmaha I hope so bro. I'm pretty stoked on my new discovery. Really goes to show that if you stick to the basics you'll do well. I really need to sort out my external rotation of my right arm. The lack of symmetry is starting to really irritate me
Post 83 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
OHP will come up if you focus on it. I think I made my best progress on it a few years back running 5/3/1 where it had its own day.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Thought i'd drop in and update those who care about studying.

HOLLLLYY SHITTT THIS BLOWS. SO MUCH MATH SO MANY INTEGRALS ALL OF THE DERIVATIVES.

have not trained and don't plan on it today. Might go for a run later but don't have the time to get smash a full workout at golds.

Test is tomorrow and then freedom. Cannot wait.

I kinda wanna run a legit program again and try to make some real progress on shit. I have that issue where sticking to something for too long makes me hate it. PPL was good tho.

Watched a lot of videos from the 3dmj team and am pretty stoked to revamp my back training with mucho proper form. Was peeping my back thickness in the mirror the other day and was severely disappointed. Also i have probably trained traps about 4 times in my life so i think ill start doing that too.
Post 85 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX School first bud. Keep up the good work.
Post 86 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Skool is fur foulz. Dun lissen to dis trik.

But seriously. If you want a strong overhead I'd do a specific day for it. Like 531.

Keep on grinding.
Post 87 IP   flag post
GrizzlyBerg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
studying

NERD
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBerg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
studying

NERD

Hahaha!! Says the Bio-Physicist.
Post 89 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular @GrizzlyBerg @NorIda

Just destroyed that exam. Felt really good. Smooth work throughout. I feeeel good.

Guess I'll celebrate with some bench training? Ehh? Brain gains then chest gains.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Alright I'm weak as fuck.

Doing all paused reps today vs my normal touch and go. Really trying to get my form locked in. Having a hard time digging my traps into the bench.

Here is 2x225. Like I said I'm really weak today. This was after three sets of 185.
Post 91 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Looks pretty good dude. You got a bit of that nervousness knee syndrome. Do you keep the entire bottom of your feet on the floor or do you bench off your toes? Hard to tell from the video.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
Looks pretty good dude. You got a bit of that nervousness knee syndrome. Do you keep the entire bottom of your feet on the floor or do you bench off your toes? Hard to tell from the video.

Thanks dude. I bench off my toes. I I've tried the flat foot but it doesn't feel as good.

My knees are always shitty. Gotta get those in line.
Post 93 IP   flag post
340614 93 18
destitute