Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Progress UpdateSplit Advice

Lost all my gains17450

nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

So I've recently had financial issues for 3 months, couldn't find a job good enough to pay bills, had to sleep on a friends couch for free, and just went through a rough patch. Anyways, finally landed a good paying job & can start training & eating again. I've lost 20 pounds, weak as hell, and lost a lot of gains. Could barely hit 135 for sets of 12 on bench when at one point I hit 225 for 7 during summer. I worked out for the first time in 3 months and can't do near the amount of volume I use to do.

I realize muscle memory will help me get back my gains faster. How should I go about my training? I was thinking doing a fullbody workout to get my strength back & rebuild my base. Would this be the most effective way?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I'd run full body for no more than 2-3 weeks, then go to a simple PPL for a bit to slowly work your way back to the volume you were at. Glad to hear you got life straightened out! -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
I'd run full body for no more than 2-3 weeks, then go to a simple PPL for a bit to slowly work your way back to the volume you were at. Glad to hear you got life straightened out! -3X

Okay cool thanks for the advice. We all go through rough times but always gotta push through it. Would 2-3 weeks of a fullbody routine be long enough to gain my strength back?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
Sux bro, glad you're doing okay now tho!
Post 4 IP   flag post
340609 4 4
destitute