Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DOMSLegsSplit Advice

Painful vmo cramp after leg workout17442

forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
What's up guys!

For a few days now I have been getting really painful cramps on both my vmo's. The pain is so excruciating and it feels like my quad is fucking tearing. This occurs on calf raises when My legs are straight and flexed. The pain lasts for few minutes, so I can't walk properly by extending my leg or flexing it. And also, my workout consists of many heavy squats and deadlifts.

What do you guys think is the cause of this, and how can I prevent it? Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Bump
Post 2 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Go to a physical therapist and have them diagnose the issue.

If it's something serious I would rather get professional help than ask a bunch of random dudes on the Internet.

My advice is mobility mobility mobility. Foam roll. Stretch. Make sure you're drinking enough water.

Until you get a professional opinion I would cease and movement that agrivates your legs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
Go to a physical therapist and have them diagnose the issue.

If it's something serious I would rather get professional help than ask a bunch of random dudes on the Internet.

My advice is mobility mobility mobility. Foam roll. Stretch. Make sure you're drinking enough water.

Until you get a professional opinion I would cease and movement that agrivates your legs.

After researching I came to a conclusion that I should stretch prior to doing calf raises and stay more hydrated. Though I drink at least 3 full shaker cups of water and my mouth is still dry near the end of my workout. I think I may need more sodium in my diet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Drinking water during your workout will not help with behind dehydrated during. You need to be consuming that water throughout the day ontop of while training.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340740 5 5
destitute